1 minute ago, Katt said:

Ok, "q" is land on the quater. The jump will receive full base value and judges will reduce GOE. More power to underrotater I guess 

So we're back to a quarter underrotated jumps considered to be fully rotated? 

10 minutes ago, Fay said:

So we're back to a quarter underrotated jumps considered to be fully rotated? 

I'm reading, q is land on the quater, < is missing more than 1/4 but less than 1/2, << is missing 1/2 or more. So yeah.... Be prepare for phantom q calls and actual ur jump get q :facepalm:

https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/rules/fsk-communications/24332-2324-sp-levels-of-difficulty-and-guidelines-for-marking-goe-final/file

7 minutes ago, Katt said:

I'm reading, q is land on the quater, < is missing more than 1/4 but less than 1/2, << is missing 1/2 or more. So yeah....

https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/rules/fsk-communications/24332-2324-sp-levels-of-difficulty-and-guidelines-for-marking-goe-final/file

How the hell they think they will evaluate it correctly? Do they plan to introduce some technology? Otherwise I see a huge circus coming. So I guess all the debate about figure skating will be even more fixated about rotation and camera angles. As if it's not been cursed enough for the last two seasons. They failed to evalute it so far so they made it even more complicated. Introduced another cathegory of flaw which they won't be able to identify clearly. Do we even need programs if all we gonna do will be quarreling about jumps close-ups?

At least, giving the same BV for quad lutz, flip and loop seems to be a good change for me. 

16 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I mean, it's simply impossible to recognise with only eyes if jump is URed by 89o, 90o or 91o.😅

Its not like they can call clear UR jump for some skaters. So, skater A do a fully rotate jump but judge don't like it ? a "q" for you. Skater B do an UR jump but he/she work so hard for it ? a "q for you as well. 

Now tell me this is TRUE: 

Poor/cheated take-off: For example a toe-assisted jump is taken off from the full blade, Toe Loop is executed like a Toe Axel or there is excessive rotation on the ice at the take-off. The reduction in GOE is -1 to -3.

Just now, Fay said:

Poor/cheated take-off: For example a toe-assisted jump is taken off from the full blade, Toe Loop is executed like a Toe Axel or there is excessive rotation on the ice at the take-off. The reduction in GOE is -1 to -3.

It's true but how are they going to tell with out low quality camera angle and no slowmo? May as well have left it out.

Yeah, the "q" is dumb, we'll see it used on skaters who underrotate but are favored, while we'll see < used for skaters who aren't favored...

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

My question is, they already had prerotation in the rules about the toe axel...how is this different and will it apply to flips and lutzes?

14 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah, the "q" is dumb, we'll see it used on skaters who underrotate but are favored, while we'll see < used for skaters who aren't favored...

My question is, they already had prerotation in the rules about the toe axel...how is this different and will it apply to flips and lutzes?

In theory, it should, but I fear it will only be applied to a few select they want to cut off from the medals. 

Wonder how all these will affect Yuzu... if anything 4Lo, 4F and 4Lz having the same base value would work in his favour I guess? And also now the fact that there is a larger difference between 4Lz and 4A BV although I still think 4A should have an even higher BV