6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Grab your clown shoes, put on your clown noses, the circus is in town.

Well, that's the narrative, but experience with +5/-5 GOE (which had a similar narrative but led judges to worsen over- and underscoring problems) tend to have opposite thought about the real objective? Or may they be that naive about who would get more PCS (hint : those who don't have really good components but powerful support) and who will get less PCS (those lacking said support, not real components)?

I always thought that the core point of figure skating is excellent artistic performance built on strong techniqual base. At it finest, when each particular element has a meaning and melts into performance as a whole. I guess I was wrong.

According to ISU - we should seperate those aspects. (But not judging panels, what for?) So I guess after Worlds '22 we will never see balanced programs and whole package skating again.

High time to search for a new hobby :)

Btw. I would really want to watch some explanatory video or seminar how ISU defines artistry. I have no idea at all. 

Also, if this change will be approved in June, what should do next a skater who is 13 rn, entering junior circuit, but not eligible to compete at seniors till Autumn 22? Compete and gain experience in current system in juniors, make his/her name or recognition and then jump to seniors with completely new rules? How to coach those athletes? What's the point of making them compete at juniors under the rules they will never face at seniors?

The best part is that I'm not entirely against these changes.

I wondered what would say fans from 30 years ago, 50 years ago, 70 years ago, 90 years ago. And figure skating went through some big changes already in past. Beginning and death of professional competitions. End of compulsories. Or when ISU started to judge jumps and your skating and figures weren't the only important thing anymore. After all it's FIGURE skating. And who still remembers what this "figure" means?

And after all that were these changes that led to figure skating that we know and love right now.

And what would say figure skating fans from 2050 looking at current comments "but this isn't figure skating"?

That's why I'm not against changes. Or even these concrete changes.

It's just... that we know why they are doing it.:sigh:

Ugh, I hope it's not approved. 60 percent the judges' own likes and impressions in the free, to promote their favs? No, thanks. It's nice theory but impossible to put in practice I think. It would make skating quite boring I fear. And the identical time limit would make both parts too similar. And also skaters who tend to mess up SP jump passes could as well hang up teir skates as unless they're among a lucky few who get reputation points, no way are they going to make up for the loss in the free with less value for jumps.