5 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I feel like any excuses you could possibly make for that image are invalidated by the presence of Cipres in it

Exactly. Without him I would feel about it like: not me cup of tea, not my taste, tired of spreading of this kind of energy, don't find it entertaining at all. With him I'm like: disgusting, get it out of my eyes, are there any brains hanging on those necks?! What the **** are you promoting here?

22 hours ago, rubyblue said:

I'm curious what do you think of that situation - it happened on recent Art on Ice show:

I actually have no words... Mindless and tasteless epathesis of male nudity in the context of all recent sexual abusement stories... Some French skaters are there, and all above - Cipres lifting Paganini. Does anybody really finds it atractive, funny or simply ok? This community just continues to fail me and it seems they can't learn anything at all. 

Also, some IG comments, like Jimmy Ma's: "Put that pussy on the pedestal" 

Is that Kevin Aymoz in the photo as well?  A damn shame if it is and it does look like him.  I had hoped better of him.  I guess I will only be raising my Skating Survivors banner at Worlds and not a French flag. 

35 minutes ago, Songster01 said:

Is that Kevin Aymoz in the photo as well?  A damn shame if it is and it does look like him.  I had hoped better of him.  I guess I will only be raising my Skating Survivors banner at Worlds and not a French flag. 

Yes.. Actually, I found out about this whole show situation from his enthusiastic Instastories. Dissapointing.

10 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Jimmy Ma apologized for his comment under Paganini's post. Good to see that.

Good to see him apologize unequivocally. If it was an inside "joke" we would not have known that, and there are minors who read their public instagram comments so it was an inappropriate place to make such a comment.

I don't think the photo looks "sexy" or sexualized but that's just me. It just looks sweaty and gross lol. But it sucks to see that shows are still inviting Cipres despite ongoing investigations and complaints, and no one seems to be taking any type of care to not put him in questionable contact with young girls. 

This sport is so GROSS like, it's not even a sport. Medals are saved for chosen ones, you can't even attend the event if you're not in their BIG plan :sick::sick::sick:. They'd rather throw money on bullsh*t awards party than allow a few more skaters to skate like just WOW :ohno:

2 hours ago, rubyblue said:

Asher Hill (former Canadian ice dancer, you can also know him from the CBC show with Dylam Moscovitch) shared his thoughts on racism and white supremacy in figure skating:

Do you think it was true? If it was, do you think it is still so?

7 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Do you think it was true? If it was, do you think it is still so?

Yes I do. I think he summed it up perfectly in this sentence: "It's very naive to think racism doesn't exist in the sport when it does because it exists in the world".

1 hour ago, rubyblue said:

Yes I do. I think he summed it up perfectly in this sentence: "It's very naive to think racism doesn't exist in the sport when it does because it exists in the world".

I see, and as at present figure skating is mostly White, particularly among judges, racism may be more of the "White supremacist" sort... Do you think it might affect Yellow too?

Or maybe, you didn't mean affecting scores, rather organisation/management?

40 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I see, and as at present figure skating is mostly White, particularly among judges, racism may be more of the "White supremacist" sort... Do you think it might affect Yellow too?

Or maybe, you didn't mean affecting scores, rather organisation/management?

In general, I think that whole definition of artistry  and expression in FS is based on standards and dance tradition that originally come from western (white) culture. There is a quiet assumption that it's universal, but (imo) dominant is not equal to universal. So for some of the athletes, who come out of this context it may be hard to adjust to those standards which aren't natural to them. It's much harder to perform this way than within your own tradition. Plus - you need to have access to choreographers who will help you to work on that, and basically all top choerographers are from western countries, so it's expensive and not everybody can afford that (and there's a language barrier). But if those athletes will stick to their own tradition of expression, there's very high probablity that their performance will be misanderstood, by judges but also by commentators, experts etc., cause most of them have no competence/tools to evaluate or interpet that.There are different cultural patterns of expression, but they're not treated equally. 

Asher said one more interesting thing about that:

In addition to the racism inherent in that coach's comments, Hill's also heard multiple comments about certain races of skaters being unable to express themselves on the ice because of the shape of their features.

"But when you see a white skater who is [unable to express], they don't say all 'white skaters can't express,'" said Hill. "But if an Asian skater doesn't express, it's all Asian skaters. "

I can totally see what he means and it's very disturbing. 

ISU SKATING AWARDS media information

https://www.isu.org/docman-documents-links/isu-files/event-documents/figure-skating-4/2019-20/championships-31/announcements-88/24064-isu-skating-awards-media-info/file

The ISU Skating Awards, which combine the excitement of the traditional exhibition gala with the glitz and glamour of an awards show were created to honor the world’s best Skaters competing at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2020. In keeping with the exhibition gala tradition, the 2020 world medalists will perform an exhibition number coupled with live musical acts from Eli Rose and Momento Sounds and exciting production numbers that combine contemporary skating and dance featuring the world renowned Cirque Éloize. Awards will be handed out to Skaters, Coaches and Choreographers in seven categories.

(...)

A pre-ISU Skating Awards 46 meters (150 feet) long Red Carpet, will take place within immediate proximity to the Centre Bell from 13:30 to 15:30. The Salle des Pas Perdus at Windsor Station will be accessible to 1000 skating fans hoping to get a glimpse of current and future Figure Skating stars. The red carpet will be hosted by Joannie Rochette and Patrick Chan and will be live streamed on the Skating ISU YouTube Channel.

I can't believe it, but it keeps getting better!

Someone save Yuzuru.

I wonder how they will select only 1000 fans.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

ISU SKATING AWARDS media information

https://www.isu.org/docman-documents-links/isu-files/event-documents/figure-skating-4/2019-20/championships-31/announcements-88/24064-isu-skating-awards-media-info/file

I can't believe it, but it keeps getting better!

Someone save Yuzuru.

I wonder how they will select only 1000 fans.

geez ... what a circus ... :disappointed: