And it's not just about jumps. His spins bothering me even more.

Interesting, how so? I haven't paid attention to his spins.

His spins...let's say not well centred. Traveling all around the ice. I hope at least this problem will be taken of by the time.

And it's not just about jumps. His spins bothering me even more.

Interesting, how so? I haven't paid attention to his spins.

His spins...let's say not well centred. Traveling all around the ice. I hope at least this problem will be taken of by the time.

My friend Hillary said: "How come Shoma got many +3 for his traveling spins?"

Shoma is a good spinner. But his spins aren't always good. One more weird judging issue. Oh well but they also give Javi a lot of +2 and +3 for his poor spins so... :rant:

My friend Hillary said: "How come Shoma got many +3 for his traveling spins?"

Shoma is a good spinner. But his spins aren't always good. One more weird judging issue. Oh well but they also give Javi a lot of +2 and +3 for his poor spins so... :rant:

This time, I mean Championships, Javi got +3s or near for almost everything. If there wasn't that obvious mistakes he would get the gold, that's for sure. But his jumps are good.

Another one with poor spins is Boyang!

As about spins, I'm wondering will Yuzuru keep Bielmann in his LP next season? I think if there will be more difficult layout he could ruled it out. During this season he skipped Bielmann couple of times, when something went wrong.

All this coach talk reminds me, who has coach Abe Nanami come to teach after Yuzu's departure? Is she still even a coach? (Sorry I'm new at the scene) :cry:

Part of the reason Yuzu could blossom so fruitfully under Borser is bc of Yuzu's solid techniques acquired with his previous coach, right? I think Brian has once said sth about being lucky that his students (Yuna, Yuzu etc.) all have adequate skills before coming to him. So why aren't more skaters reaching out for coach Nanami? Is there no one in Japan who could teach proper techniques??

I don't think Nanami gets enough credit for what she gave Yuzu. Look what she's teaching him here? Alignment in his air position for his jumps :yes: If you don't have this during rotation, there is no way you can land your jumps correctly. How many times must she have done this for him?

tumblr_n5nj1fEl5Z1tyt85no3_250.gif

tumblr_n5nj1fEl5Z1tyt85no2_250.gif

All this coach talk reminds me, who has coach Abe Nanami come to teach after Yuzu's departure? Is she still even a coach? (Sorry I'm new at the scene) :cry:

Part of the reason Yuzu could blossom so fruitfully under Borser is bc of Yuzu's solid techniques acquired with his previous coach, right? I think Brian has once said sth about being lucky that his students (Yuna, Yuzu etc.) all have adequate skills before coming to him. So why aren't more skaters reaching out for coach Nanami? Is there no one in Japan who could teach proper techniques??

I don't think Nanami gets enough credit for what she gave Yuzu. Look what she's teaching him here? Alignment in his air position for his jumps :yes: If you don't have this during rotation, there is no way you can land your jumps correctly. How many times must she have done this for him?

I do think for some reason Miss Abe's teaching skills clicked with Yuzuru. Because I saw her other students and their jumps weren't that good. It's sure that Miss Aba and Mr Tsuzuki helped Yuzuru to become the Yuzuru skater these days. Their teaching might have some sparkle with him.

And of course... we might say Yuzuru has so much natural talents so he has gotten all the best from his coaches.

Natural talents for good technique :grin:

About Miss Abe: I heard that she is more of a choreographer now after her marriage. Her husband still helps Yuzuru with his blades.

Anyways, I've been meaning to ask something, not sure if it's the best place here for it. How many boots does Yuzu usually go through, do you guys know? Reading about how Nathan goes through a pair of boots every 1-2 months makes me wonder if this is normal or is it just because Nathan trains so many quads and/or seems to have heavier landings than Yuzu, Javi or Patrick?

I think it's hard to tell how many, cause unlike most of skaters he doesn't wear one pair until it falls aparts, then next pair and so on. According to Yoshida Toshinobu, person who sharpens his blades, Yuzu chooses several pairs that fit the best from boots send to him by maker (Edea) and uses them during the season. Every few weeks Yuzu sends Yoshida boots by air, Yoshida sharpens blades and sends back.

In article back in 2014 Yoshida said that each pair lasts for about 3 months for him, 4 pairs for one season.

Thank you. This actually seems like a logical procedure most skaters would take, which is why Nathan's situation seemed a bit atypical to me. I figure skaters would have at least one or two extra and broken in pair of boots so every time they'd need to sharpen their blades or whenever some were in poorer condition, they'd have another pair ready to go.

So, when do we think Yuzu will show us his new black blades. I mean, it seems we all believe one of the special edition John Wilson black blades that were given to Plushenko and Nathan Chen, were also for Yuzu, right?

Thank you. This actually seems like a logical procedure most skaters would take, which is why Nathan's situation seemed a bit atypical to me. I figure skaters would have at least one or two extra and broken in pair of boots so every time they'd need to sharpen their blades or whenever some were in poorer condition, they'd have another pair ready to go.

So, when do we think Yuzu will show us his new black blades. I mean, it seems we all believe one of the special edition John Wilson black blades that were given to Plushenko and Nathan Chen, were also for Yuzu, right?

Yes, knowing Yuzuru's OCD personality, I wouldn't be surprised he has had like 5 pairs each season just to be safe.

I think the issue with Nathan might be that he is still growing so his boots couldn't fit after a few months?

One interesting point about Yuzuru, we never ever heard he says anything about boot issues. And we know Yuzuru is super picky and that his foots have special sizes. He once said he wore EDEA and has to choose bigger size than his true size because their boots are narrow. I am sure Yuzuru has boot issues just like any other skaters. He just doesn't tell us.

wasnt she also the one who teach yuzuru the 'cross' thing to check body axis at the start of his program? and now it becomes his habit? i saw her reminding yuzu of it when she gave the 'coach pep talk' (either at gpf 2011 or world 2012 i dont remember)

Anyways, I've been meaning to ask something, not sure if it's the best place here for it. How many boots does Yuzu usually go through, do you guys know? Reading about how Nathan goes through a pair of boots every 1-2 months makes me wonder if this is normal or is it just because Nathan trains so many quads and/or seems to have heavier landings than Yuzu, Javi or Patrick?

I think it's hard to tell how many, cause unlike most of skaters he doesn't wear one pair until it falls aparts, then next pair and so on. According to Yoshida Toshinobu, person who sharpens his blades, Yuzu chooses several pairs that fit the best from boots send to him by maker (Edea) and uses them during the season. Every few weeks Yuzu sends Yoshida boots by air, Yoshida sharpens blades and sends back.

In article back in 2014 Yoshida said that each pair lasts for about 3 months for him, 4 pairs for one season.

I totally forgot about this omg.... Come oooon we need at least one appearance at an ice show, bby Yuzu!

Yes, knowing Yuzuru's OCD personality, I wouldn't be surprised he has had like 5 pairs each season just to be safe.

I think the issue with Nathan might be that he is still growing so his boots couldn't fit after a few months?

One interesting point about Yuzuru, we never ever heard he says anything about boot issues. And we know Yuzuru is super picky and that his foots have special sizes. He once said he wore EDEA and has to choose bigger size than his true size because their boots are narrow. I am sure Yuzuru has boot issues just like any other skaters. He just doesn't tell us.

I think he has at least 2 or 3. During on of the documentaries, he mentioned he mails his boots back to Sendai for blade sharpening so at the very least he has 2 sets ready to go.

Yeah, that is a good point. Nathan can't really have many spare pairs of boots because who knows when they'll stop fitting, so he can only order spare boots shortly before he may need them.

I remember, when I was still lurking in GS and backtracking through the 2016/2017 season to find out more about what was going on in Hanyu world that Yuzu did have some issues with his Edea Piano boots, that he changed to at the beginning of the season, around the time of ACI. But it wasn't him mentioning this; I think it was Shirota.

I do think for some reason Miss Abe's teaching skills clicked with Yuzuru. Because I saw her other students and their jumps weren't that good. It's sure that Miss Aba and Mr Tsuzuki helped Yuzuru to become the Yuzuru skater these days. Their teaching might have some sparkle with him.

And of course... we might say Yuzuru has so much natural talents so he has gotten all the best from his coaches.

Natural talents for good technique :grin:

About Miss Abe: I heard that she is more of a choreographer now after her marriage. Her husband still helps Yuzuru with his blades.

She did say he was a genius :bow:

wasnt she also the one who teach yuzuru the 'cross' thing to check body axis at the start of his program? and now it becomes his habit? i saw her reminding yuzu of it when she gave the 'coach pep talk' (either at gpf 2011 or world 2012 i dont remember)

Yes, he got that from her. Also, his attitude to always have the mindset of a beginner: https://goo.gl/H42PM3.

I have just noticed this precious guy has been Yuzuru's fans ever since 2012

All hail Enrique CoMa and his wonderful fancam (and his comments).

i love this guy as well! his fancam for worlds 2017 fs was the one i first watched after fuji tv blocked all those videos, it's so touching when he cried that i also cried. when i checked his videos i was so surprised that he had the fancam of R&J 1 from world 2012 (although it was short...)

Yes, he got that from her. Also, his attitude to always have the mindset of a beginner: https://goo.gl/H42PM3.

oh i didnt know that one, thanks! Abe is such a good influence on him and we can see how yuzu himself treasure her a lot :yes: