4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

>:( Ando and Radford.  At least we knew going in that this award is a meaningless farce so it's not quite so disappointing

That's an awfully small jury.  6 people doesn't seem at all representative of the community but I suppose the smaller it is, the easier it is to manipulate the results

16 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Dear God ... maybe they all need to be tested for alcohol before competitions ... pfff

His scores were quite OK compared to others, and he didn't even overscore Selevko.

It either means he sobered up for the next day, or in worse case, there isn't really difference between a drunk and a sober judge :rofl:

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Dear God ... maybe they all need to be tested for alcohol before competitions ... pfff

....when I talked about Russian judges' *doping* in another thread I certainly didn't mean that they actually *doped* (in this case drinking), and I certainly didn't think that the one who did it wasn't Russian.... :facepalm:

Olympic channel put a promo video for FS at Lausanne 2020. Petty me smirked at "wrong takeoffs being penalized", but overall it's a pretty nice simplified summary for people who never watched the sport. ISU should follow their lead if they want to promote their sport in the 21st century... But, well.

• 2 weeks later...

The ISU has revised the TES minimums for the World Championships and they raised it for the Ladies, in the SP from 29 to 30, in the Free Skating, from 49 to 51.

https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/rules/fsk-communications/23319-isu-communication-2302/file

12 Ladies are affected after the changes, most of them don't have either the SP or FS minimum now. 

One of them is Dasa Grm, who is not happy about the change.

I think it's really late to change the minimum in the middle of the season, since most of them reach the required points earlier in the Season, in Challenger or smaller events, and not later, shortly before Worlds.

I'm pretty sad about this, I love when a lot of skaters from smaller Feds get the opportunity to perform at Worlds... but sadly it is too inconvenient to have long competitions, why give them a chance... terrible.

Also, decision like that should be made before the season starts, if they really wanted it. At least it would allow skaters to plan, maybe take part in more competitions, if they want to get TES. Doing it now is just unfair to the skaters. They still have plenty competitions to do it, but still.

I don't get how they find it fair to announce it right now, in the middle of the season. How can they change the rules just like that whenever they want?! Probably they are afraid that there will be too many competitors to handle the female athletes event but they could have forseen it much earlier. Once again ISU prooves that they have zero competence in terms of strategic planning (unfortunately, frankly speaking, also in many other areas).