8 hours ago, ICeleste said:

That second jump is literally a 1A. I don't understand why it was marked as a 2T. Not even a UR call?

I'm not sure the 3A is actually UR. It's 90 degree prerotated, but that's acceptable for an axel, and seems to land more or less perfectly backwards if you count from the point she starts pre-rotating into the jump rather than the point she actually leaves the ice. but yeah the 2T is a textbook toe-axel

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

The In the Loop guys really say it as it is. They have some clear opinions on the biased and incorrect judging that happens more and more often these days.

And a Yale Professor talked about corruption in the ISU during a lecture.

!!!!!!! does the Yale Professor have a name?

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I went through the thread on Twitter but it wasn't mentioned who held the lecture or whether it was a Yale professor, lecturer, guest lecturer or something.

I think it got deleted. That time we saw a name for sure.

9 hours ago, SSS said:

I think it got deleted. That time we saw a name for sure.

well, some sleuthing tells me that a professor named John Emerson and a doctoral candidate named Taylor Arnold from Yale co-authored an article on figure skating judging bias in 2011

hm, might be worth contacting them once my data project is in an acceptable state of completion

14 minutes ago, shanshani said:

well, some sleuthing tells me that a professor named John Emerson and a doctoral candidate named Taylor Arnold from Yale co-authored an article on figure skating judging bias in 2011

hm, might be worth contacting them once my data project is in an acceptable state of completion

that name sounds familiar. might be the name of that professor. I remember their project was about 2010og?

What data project are you working on?

btw, I remember long time ago, our planet has a great judge scoring project. I didn't have time to go back to the original post, are you the original author of that project?

13 minutes ago, SSS said:

that name sounds familiar. might be the name of that professor. I remember their project was about 2010og?

What data project are you working on?

btw, I remember long time ago, our planet has a great judge scoring project. I didn't have time to go back to the original post, are you the original author of that project?

yeah, you're probably thinking of the older version of the project I'm currently working on. and yeah the yale prof's project was on 2010 olys 

the project I'm working on aims to collect a complete record of each judge's scoring history relative to their peers since the judging change after 2018 olys. basically, we're computing a measure of how much each judge over or under scored a skater relative to the rest of the panel, and put all that information together in one place so we can review whether a judge shows evidence of systematic bias in favor of their own federation's skaters. the idea is to be able to flag problematic judges and have concrete evidence of their bias. 

5 minutes ago, monchan said:

This is so accurate lol :LOL:

I don't even get that. Choreographers think this culture appropriation is "cool" and "creative"? I hope they gain their sense back next ss and come up with truly sensible ideas :knc_brian3:

I don’t think it’s that - more desperately trying to put something new out there - let’s face it the internet resounds with complaints about warhorses, and I’m fairly loud about that myself - Moulin Rouge/ tango ( shudders) .