Yoa said:
meoima said:
For fans who don't understand how cheated Shoma's 4F is, I will just leave this here

I have to say it's quite unfair to Nathan honestly. And let me tell you that Shoma's 3Lz is sort of taking off the same. He never has a true lutz. How can he get a 4lz. It's 3.2 flutz you mean?

I am amused at the level of ignorance.

Shoma Uno almost never has toe jumps. Because he pre-rotates almost 2/3 rotation on the ice and does not use toe lick but whole blade to leaves the ice.

Judges ignore his cheated 4F. That's why I am worried he will include 4Lz... I mean 4Flutz and judges will ignore the wrong edge and 3.2 rotations...

With Nathan Chen and Boyang Jin being there with huge 4lz with correct edge, if judges ignored Shoma's cheated flutz... there will be outrage. :s_crazy:

All this upgrade talk makes me anxious. I fear for the day when Yuzu can't keep up with the technical stuff anymore. I don't want him to be injured but at the same time I don't want him to stay behind. I know he is really wise to analize these things so I'm reeeeeally curious about what he is gonna do

Believe me, Yuzuru already skated clean 5 quads in practice at CC last season. He also might have tried 6 quads or the 4lz. For people to think that he couldn't keep up... he can even go ahead of them. :tongue:

Yeah but it's never the same in competition. And as someone said earlier, trying a new quad (4Lz) in the olympic season is very risky. Do you personally believe he'll add 4Lz?

All this upgrade talk makes me anxious. I fear for the day when Yuzu can't keep up with the technical stuff anymore. I don't want him to be injured but at the same time I don't want him to stay behind. I know he is really wise to analize these things so I'm reeeeeally curious about what he is gonna do

Believe me, Yuzuru already skated clean 5 quads in practice at CC last season. He also might have tried 6 quads or the 4lz. For people to think that he couldn't keep up... he can even go ahead of them. :tongue:

Yeah but it's never the same in competition. And as someone said earlier, trying a new quad (4Lz) in the olympic season is very risky. Do you personally believe he'll add 4Lz?

He will definitely add 4lz or he will definitely have 5 quads or even both. :coffee:

This is what the judges are promoting with the way they're scoring GOEs and PCs lately, so while I'm mad I'm not surprised. Shoma will keep on adding "quads" as long as he doesn't get called on them, Nathan will keep on adding quads as long as the PCs come with them. And I can not blame them for sticking with what clearly works.

(And then there's Boyang, who has clean jumps and is actually trying to work on some of the other stuff too but gets mostly overlooked *facepalm*)

I don't say this with any pleasure, but I believe Patrick Chan is right. Shoma and Nathan are going to break themselves. They are rushing to get these big elements in, speeding ahead to the next before solidifying what they already have, or balancing their programs and their bodies. It's an all out race to the Olympics. On the other hand, Boyang has a strong foundation to continue to 2022.

This is what the judges are promoting with the way they're scoring GOEs and PCs lately, so while I'm mad I'm not surprised. Shoma will keep on adding "quads" as long as he doesn't get called on them, Nathan will keep on adding quads as long as the PCs come with them. And I can not blame them for sticking with what clearly works.

(And then there's Boyang, who has clean jumps and is actually trying to work on some of the other stuff too but gets mostly overlooked *facepalm*)

I feel so sad for boyang. he's always not talked about...hello can you people consider the guy who's a world medallist too (and is actually doing things right) :s_shout :smile:

also when will judges start doing their job fairly. forget his jumps, shoma's landing is so cringe... and they way Nathan and shoma is going pains me too :nah:

Look, even if Shoma really does go ahead and train a 4Lz, I don't think the technical panel is going to be as lenient to a 4Flutz as they are with a pre-rotated 4F. Especially if Yuzu decides to bring a 4Lz into Oly season too. And Kolyada manages to land his. That'd be two new (potential) textbook perfect 4Lz there, adding to Boyang's (and in a lesser way, Nathan's), and would fuel comparisons.

Unless he fixes his edge in one off-season at the same time he learns the 4Lz, which doesn't seem like such an easy thing to do, to learn both a new quad and fix a long-standing edge issue. He's better off just going for the 4S no matter that he thinks a higher BV quad is the way to go, and I hope he will eventually see that too.

Anyways, I've been meaning to ask something, not sure if it's the best place here for it. How many boots does Yuzu usually go through, do you guys know? Reading about how Nathan goes through a pair of boots every 1-2 months makes me wonder if this is normal or is it just because Nathan trains so many quads and/or seems to have heavier landings than Yuzu, Javi or Patrick?

I don't say this with any pleasure, but I believe Patrick Chan is right. Shoma and Nathan are going to break themselves. They are rushing to get these big elements in, speeding ahead to the next before solidifying what they already have, or balancing their programs and their bodies. It's an all out race to the Olympics. On the other hand, Boyang has a strong foundation to continue to 2022.

Youngsters have always tried to get to the top quickly by upgrading their tech since it takes less time than upgrading PCs, but this quad race is nuts. And, as Patrick indeed says, we won't see the effects of it until later.

At least Yuzuru's sticking to his plan, and while he'll always upgrade something it's been gradual and I do believe he's taking care of himself now.

As for Yuzuru, his SP layout's ok. The real headache will be LP layout. 4lz will do a wonder to his BV, he can attach combo on every jump and doesnt have to worry about the +REP

I think all top men will upgrade their layout next season, maybe minus Javi. I'm a bit surprise to hear 4lz from Shoma, but hey, 4lz has higher BV than 4S, he can try to test the water aka will he get edge call or not. He has the momentum right now, next year might be his best chance for an Oly medal. Who knows what happen in the next 4 years, with all the quads he has been done for the past few years. I don't like his direction, but I can see why he's going for it. And Nathan will get big PCS if he go for 6 quad LP. Its not fair, but its not really skater's fault either. If judges stop give them too many points than they should have, they will have to work on qualities

Thank you. I don't see that he is at his limit. I don't even know what his limit is. But he has nothing to prove to me. I will sit back and enjoy.

I don't worry much about Nathan since it looks like he doesn't want a long career. I don't know about Shoma.

Shoma would definitely be better off sticking to the 4S and avoiding the problematic lutz, but we'll see.

(Just know that if he does try the 4(f)lutz and doesn't get called on it I will probably set myself on fire :rotfl:)

Shoma would definitely be better off sticking to the 4S and avoiding the problematic lutz, but we'll see.

(Just know that if he does try the 4(f)lutz and doesn't get called on it I will probably set myself on fire :rotfl:)

:empathy: There, there. No need for that. Set the tech panel on fire instead!

Wasn't he supposed to have tried 4Lz at the end of some of his successful runthroughs at TCC, instead of the 3Lz? I wonder how that went.

Yep. Stamina training + 4Lz training, killing two birds with one stone. Apparently it went good enough to make some people worried at Worlds :D