4 hours ago, Xen said:

I guess for ice dance we'll have compulsory dance patterns? o_O

They already do? I mean, the rhythm dance follows a compulsory dance pattern to perform, unless you mean compulsory pattern (of sorts) for pairs...

Anyway, bonkers proposals, this separation of technical and *artistry* programs is :animated-smileys-angry-041:. How hard is it to apply the rules properly really? The Code of Points?

I mean come on, the points system isn't rocket science, calculus or linear algebra, it's just basic arithmetics! :animated-smileys-angry-041:. It does make me wonder how come those judges survive adult life without basic necessary arithmetic skills on their own :v :v :v :v :v

Lakernik clarified some things in this new interview: 

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190826/1557921557.html

According to the vice president of ISU, in case of adoption of the changes, the principles of judging will not change fundamentally. “The judges will work with around the same principles as they are do now. Simply, components will play a smaller role in one program and a larger one in another,” said Lakernik. In the technical program components will make up 40 percent, and in the artistic program - 60 ".
“In the artistic program, complexity will be in the background. Skaters in this program will also jump, rotate and do other elements, but the number of elements will be less and their weight will be significantly lower."

Funny how there exists a skater who perfectly blends artistry and technicality and yet they do everything they can to twist the rules against him while rewarding the “artistry” of technical skaters and ignoring the technical flaws of others. This new proposal is a total farce and will change nothing. 

I wonder how the ISU might react if fans started bringing protest banners alongside their supporting skaters banners. Not agressive stuff as I'm not a fan of those, but something like "The rules aren't problem, it's how they're applied!" or "FS fans don't want programs to be separated in artistic and technical". Or even "FS fans aren't filthy rich. Stop taking advantage of fans wanting to support their favorite drivers!" re: increased prices. Because it seems they don't care about what fans think otherwise, maybe something like this wouldn't give them much of a choice? (Cameras would pick them up eventually...) And to think I'm not even a fan of protests, but this is just so ridiculous...

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

I wonder how the ISU might react if fans started bringing protest banners alongside their supporting skaters banners. Not agressive stuff as I'm not a fan of those, but something like "The rules aren't problem, it's how they're applied!" or "FS fans don't want programs to be separated in artistic and technical". Or even "FS fans aren't filthy rich. Stop taking advantage of fans wanting to support their favorite drivers!" re: increased prices. Because it seems they don't care about what fans think otherwise, maybe something like this wouldn't give them much of a choice? (Cameras would pick them up eventually...) And to think I'm not even a fan of protests, but this is just so ridiculous...

I think it would be smart to come up with a quote from Yuzu, where he said something like:

'A solid technique is the foundation of artistry. It's impossible to separate them.'

1. It's true 2. not offensive and 3. it throws shade on the ISU  :popcorn:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I think it would be smart to come up with a quote from Yuzu, where he said something like:

'A solid technique is the foundation of artistry. It's impossible to split them.'

I would love that, but it could be harder to get others on board, given how some seem to be allergic to all things Yuzu. But I'm now actually tempted to make a banner with that quote of his for ACI... :ohmygod:

Two Challenger entry lists are up:

Nepela Memorial:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111905.htm

Kolyada, Samarin, Aliev, Rizzo, Mitsuki, Deniss in the men, Kaori, Mako, Trusova, Konstantinova, Sotskova in the ladies and Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Hurtado/Khaliavin in ID. Pretty good list!

Nebelhorn Trophy:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111907.htm

Jason Brown, Nam, Han Yan, Koshiro, Julian, in the men, Marin Honda, Yelim, Dabin, Bell in the ladies, the biggest name in pairs is Moore-Towers/Marinaro, some bigger names in ID too (Hawayek/Baker, Smart/Diaz etc).

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

'A solid technique is the foundation of artistry. It's impossible to separate them.'

1. It's true 2. not offensive and 3. it throws shade on the ISU  :popcorn:

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!

3 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I would love that, but it could be harder to get others on board, given how some seem to be allergic to all things Yuzu. But I'm now actually tempted to make a banner with that quote of his for ACI... :ohmygod:

Same, should we coordinate? Maybe a few different Yuzu quotes?

On 8/27/2019 at 6:05 PM, yuzuangel said:

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!

Same, should we coordinate? Maybe a few different Yuzu quotes?

I watched yesterday the two post-Oly press conferences where he talked about this. The one subbed that's been on twitter is the Japanese press one, while I had fresher in mind the foreign corespondents one. Both need a bit of context, though, it's hard to use just one sentence, so I'm not sure yet which to pick... Also, Yuzu is very adamant that this is just his view, which I think is also necessary to make clear, just not to give people an excuse to attack him again. (Even though his view should be law in this particular case... IMO :P ) I'll watch again and write them down and see how it would work. I'm also thinking of the images to use... initially I was thinking of some of those frame by frame jump pictures, but now I think take off, mid-jump and landing, maybe as silhouettes, if I could make them look good, could be enough... I have several ideas actually, including the part where he specifically mentioned quad axel and quints... if you like, we could PM about it, though in case other fans might want to join in coordinating, I left this reply here ^_^

ETA: The result of my playing today, under spoiler because it's sort of OT:

Spoiler

sTdDtDb.png

It still needs fine-tuning, and I'm not entirely sure I like it, but this is more or less what I'm thinking now. The jump idea didn't really work as I had imagined it. Also, I did edit the quote a bit, but it's still mostly what the official translator said, while he was nodding along, so I feel a bit more comfortable with using it than fan translations (but that's just me, I usually have hang-ups about translations lol)

On 8/27/2019 at 12:54 PM, sallycinnamon said:

Two Challenger entry lists are up:

Nepela Memorial:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111905.htm

Kolyada, Samarin, Aliev, Rizzo, Mitsuki, Deniss in the men, Kaori, Mako, Trusova, Konstantinova, Sotskova in the ladies and Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Hurtado/Khaliavin in ID. Pretty good list!

Nebelhorn Trophy:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent03111907.htm

Jason Brown, Nam, Han Yan, Koshiro, Julian, in the men, Marin Honda, Yelim, Dabin, Bell in the ladies, the biggest name in pairs is Moore-Towers/Marinaro, some bigger names in ID too (Hawayek/Baker, Smart/Diaz etc).

Thanks a lot for this.  :img_20:

On 8/28/2019 at 11:13 AM, KatjaThera said:

ETA: The result of my playing today, under spoiler because it's sort of OT:

Hide contents

sTdDtDb.png

It still needs fine-tuning, and I'm not entirely sure I like it, but this is more or less what I'm thinking now. The jump idea didn't really work as I had imagined it. Also, I did edit the quote a bit, but it's still mostly what the official translator said, while he was nodding along, so I feel a bit more comfortable with using it than fan translations (but that's just me, I usually have hang-ups about translations lol)

I really like the quote and the picture selection with the two medals in the background :2thumbsup:

Maybe it would look even better, if the text was positioned as a block to Yuzu's right?