To the Russian speakers out here ( @Fay ?), did this part really translate to "but we do not have a height and length competition" literally (which would mean "we don't judge height or length")? I took it to mean "but we do not have a height and length comparison" which is to say they might not have a database currently. Or maybe that it meant "it's not (*just*) a high jump or long jump competition". Could someone confirm one way or the other?

Relevant excerpt:

Пока речь идет не об этом, пока ISU проявил интерес к этим разработкам. Мы слушали представителей разработчиков, но мы задали определенные вопросы. Например: высота, длина – это важно, но у нас не прыжки в высоту или длину. Мы спросили, могут ли разработчики измерять докруты прыжка? Тогда это нам будет интересно.

Because if it's the first, then it's ridiculous. I just assumed they were trying to get all these things together, and then would try to go for a database...

“Skaters/Couples who have placed 1 – 6 in each of the 4 disciplines (Men, Ladies, Pair Skating, Ice Dance) at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2019 will be considered to be Seeded Skaters/Couples and will be assigned, by draw, to skate in two events.”

Am I reading this right? Did they change how they assign GP events to the top 6?

Instead of 1-3 not meeting and 4-6 not meeting, skaters choosing, and feds playing politics, it looks like they’re just drawing two events for each of the top 6. Of course, who knows what happens behind closed doors at the ISU.

2 hours ago, river said:

“Skaters/Couples who have placed 1 – 6 in each of the 4 disciplines (Men, Ladies, Pair Skating, Ice Dance) at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2019 will be considered to be Seeded Skaters/Couples and will be assigned, by draw, to skate in two events.”

Am I reading this right? Did they change how they assign GP events to the top 6?

Instead of 1-3 not meeting and 4-6 not meeting, skaters choosing, and feds playing politics, it looks like they’re just drawing two events for each of the top 6. Of course, who knows what happens behind closed doors at the ISU.

If we take those words very literally, it does sound like a rules change. But Lakernik gave an interview recently where he said the first place skater at worlds gets to pick, and then the 2nd place, and so on? Plus they're still "seeded" which should mean they're still being kept apart from each other?

2 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

I am happy for Australia for 4CC '21, but I am disappointed about France 2022. They had many big competitions in the past years (or decades if we consider there was Worlds in 2000 and then 2012 there, 3x GPF since the 1990s). There would've been chance for a smaller fed from the non-Western/Northern side of Europe to organize Worlds. And not sure France will be that better when it comes to organization.

22 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

There would've been chance for a smaller fed from the non-Western/Northern side of Europe to organize Worlds. And not sure France will be that better when it comes to organization.

We're having Sweden right before it in Europe. I wish they'd gone to Korea or something. 

Austria maybe?

21 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

We're having Sweden right before it in Europe. I wish they'd gone to Korea or something. 

Austria maybe?

Yes, but Sweden is another Western/Northern European country. Bidding cities for 2022 were Marseille, Torino, Minsk, Sofia, Bratislava and Budapest. I thought Italy is out of question because they already organized Worlds last year + they'll have GPF too. And then France + the other Central/Eastern European countries remained. 

39 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I guess I would have liked Minsk, simply because I don't even know if Belarus has any skaters.

They have some skaters, Yakau Zenko competed at J Worlds and Europeans this season, an ice dance couple, Kublikova/Hulitski also competed at Europeans, and they have another couple + a lady skater in the juniors now.