48 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Do they usually make these changes mid-quad? I thought they usually only change things at the beginning of each quad for fairness. :think:

Yes. In 2015, they raised BV for 3T/3S ( from 4.1/4.2 to 4.3/4.4) and 4T< (7.2->8), 4S< (7.4->8.1). Alot people said the increase BV for UR quad is gonna benefit Jason Brown- #1 US man at that time.  

Tbh, I dont think the new SOV would affect much. Its not like they gonna call all URs anyway. 

Edit : for reference, some SOV changes in 2015/16 season https://soyouwanttowatchfs.com/post/121595149845/2015-16-singlespairs-scale-of-values-and

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Tbh, I dont think the new SOV would affect much. Its not like they gonna call all URs anyway. 

Yeah, IDC about something that is so dependent on their bogus "training". I'm just tired with them apparently doing a review, and then not even changing the combo BVs... I know a person who's been following this sport for more than a decade, right from the first few years of the CoP, and that's been a major complaint for all that time in their words, that +Loop combos are still basically pointless, and that a combo out of a quad gets the same bonus (zilch) as one out of a triple, a double, or a single. It's just tiring.

You can't even say Nathan Chen or Vincent Zhou can't do +Loops and therefore it doesn't matter to the ISU. Zhou was practicing 4Lz<+3Lo< and Chen did a 4T+3T+3Lo<< once in training. I know the judging won't ever be fixed. I know it's a lost cause to want to see good programs because the PCS is judged poorly. At least promote new combos. No one will try 3A+3Lo or 4Lz+3Lo (real ones).

22 minutes ago, Paskud said:

How much money USA paid? 

OK. Come on. Seriously. How many of Zhou's (and Uno's) URs were called last year, and how does this affect anything?

I just read that the document from 2018-19 said that you can't go above +3 for UR jumps. Well, that was good while it lasted, even though I didn't even know it was a thing. But I doubt anyone's going to give +5s (EDIT: the maximum is +4) for UR jumps anyway. We barely ever even saw +2s for UR jumps IIRC last season (but I've deleted most of it from my brain by now anyway).

ETA: I found something to compliment! 1Eu won't be called URed anymore, unless lacking rotation entirely (then it's a <<). I always found it weird that an edge change was considered for rotation.

Or for BV. Next step, stop considering these 3 jump combinations again. Put them as two jump combos, with an edge change in the middle if you must. Please bring back nice airy +2T+2Lo combos, or the rarely seen +2Lo+2Los. I'm sick of ugly half loops.

28 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

OK. Come on. Seriously. How many of Zhou's (and Uno's) URs were called last year, and how does this affect anything?

After WC, WTT, changes in ice dance and now THIS - nothing will suprise me.

4 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

Weren't edge calls introduced mid quad in 07-08? 

I wonder if there was a strong USA contender with a true lutz in that era. Flatt maybe. Meissner too.

I too was thinking if it was more because of wanting to promote quads and 3A in ladies, and to maybe signal they're willing to be lenient on quints. But it's still so silly? It's not even a significant change if that's the case? What exactly does a point more on a UR 4Lz do? Even in the Zhou case? Literally who cared about this?!

7 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

What exactly does a point more on a UR 4Lz do? Even in the Zhou case? Literally who cared about this?!

It's sometimes the difference between the first and 2nd place or third and 4th place.

I wonder how they explain that they punished skaters, mainly ladies, so hard for URs 10 years back but now they are basically telling them, you can underrotate almost as much as you want.

11 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

ISU raised the base value of underrotated jumps for next season. 

2018-19

https://www.isu.org/docman-documents-links/isu-files/documents-communications/isu-communications/17142-isu-communication-2168

2019-20

Hard not to interpret this as a boost for some and an attack on others. 

...hard not to say/do nasty things after just seeing this post — just what did they consume daily exactly? Why did they do this so suddenly?? Do they lack arithmetical/mathematical literacy or what?? Seriously WHERE WERE YOUR BRAINS????

If it were up to me I'd round up all those lunatics and toss them into the madhouse, lock 'em up and making sure they never ever be able to get out :animated-smileys-angry-033::animated-smileys-angry-041:

7 hours ago, Yume said:

Why are they doing that? Because they know that there will be many UR quads by ladies next season or because US fed wants to push Zhou harder?

Zhou.  he can't fix it so the USFS pushed to 'fix' it.  That's my theory...

Well, the extra harsh penalty for falls was introduced after the US media manufactured that controversy over Adam Rippon not winning the Olympics with a clean* quadless program (he’s still referred to as “Olympic champion” and “Olympic gold medalist” every now and then in US publications) so I don’t think it’s unbelievable that they would have such influence over the rules. We all know who the quad repetition limits and no steps before single jump in SP were brought in to benefit.

16 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Well, the extra harsh penalty for falls was introduced after the US media manufactured that controversy over Adam Rippon not winning the Olympics with a clean* quadless program (he’s still referred to as “Olympic champion” and “Olympic gold medalist” every now and then in US publications) so I don’t think it’s unbelievable that they would have such influence over the rules.

Do you think this was a good rule?

6 minutes ago, katonice said:

A feature on Zhou, from a Japanese paper no less. Sigh... I want to go back to my nap 

Look, I don't like him or his skating, but he's recently medaled at worlds in Japan, won WTT in Japan, and is co-coached by someone Japanese. I have absolutely no clue why the Japanese media focuses so much on foreign skaters, but it's hardly breaking pattern.