3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

They know exactly what they're doing. 

Sure but like... Why now and why out of the blue? It's so random lol. Did they just meet up and go "Oh, let's change some BVs today!" Was there ever anyone who even raised an objection to the BVs for UR jumps, ever? Did anyone care at all? It's like some poorly written fantasy show.

12 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

ISU raised the base value of underrotated jumps for next season. 

2018-19

https://www.isu.org/docman-documents-links/isu-files/documents-communications/isu-communications/17142-isu-communication-2168

2019-20

Hard not to interpret this as a boost for some and an attack on others. 

Do they usually make these changes mid-quad? I thought they usually only change things at the beginning of each quad for fairness. :think:

3 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Sure but like... Why now and why out of the blue? It's so random lol. Did they just meet up and go "Oh, let's change some BVs today!" Was there ever anyone who even raised an objection to the BVs for UR jumps, ever? Did anyone care at all? 

Because someone from a certain country turned senior fairly recently. 

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Do they usually make these changes mid-quad? I thought they usually only change things at the beginning of each quad for fairness. :think:

That's what I thought too. :lol: well if they're putting in overtime out of dedication to the sport, I am so glad they're focusing on the truly important things that needed to be addressed! The sport is saved now, rejoice, ye who follow it! Rejoice!

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Weren't edge calls introduced mid quad in 07-08? 

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Because someone from a certain country turned senior fairly recently. 

Lol. I guess this is their solution to standardizing UR calls. Call them wrongly, make sure BV drop is lower. 

Sad that they didn't correct 4As and +Loop combos, because this is just so silly to do. Simply a way to say "Oh, we sure do care!"

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

FS stopped existing after Pyeongchang and this is all just a collective bad dream, right?

Nah, the Rostelecom Otonal was there and it was heavenly! 

Lol... So the ISU looked at the scores from last season and

Missed the terrible result of making the GOE value 50% of the element BV (especially for quads)

Missed the terrible injustice of the points rewarded for difficult combos and sequences

Missed all the many mistakes by the judges and the TPs

Missed the low BV and GOE for StSq and spins (to be fair they have been missing this for a while)

But totally noticed that URs when called correctly can destroy a skater's  score so they addressed this issue... How very nice of them :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Fay said:

So now you can underrotate and get +5GOE. Brilliant! 

They already could last season though... I'm frankly fine with them getting upto +2.

There's a lot to be changed, and idk if it will be, and I doubt I'll have the energy to say any thing more on this. Sigh.