The delay in rotation seems entirely fabricated. Not only do I not know how they calculated with such precision, not one of them "delays" a jump. The delayed technique -- proper one where they close right at the apex of the jump as seen on singles and doubles in far, far older competitions, instead of closing just slightly later after the vault which several textbook jumpers (+ Polina Tsurksaya, who isn't a textbook jumper) kind of do anyway -- hasn't yet been accomplished on triples and quads, and probably won't be (and they don't even have that other type of "delay").

According to those stats, Trusova is 0.06 seconds less than halfway through the completion of the arc of her 4T before she closes, and Shcherbackova is 0.02 seconds away on her 4F. Lol.

ISU has published the official calendar for the next season:

https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/21148-isu-communication-2250/file

• There'll be 10 Challenger competitions (ACI, Lombardia Trophy, US Classic, Nepela Trophy, Nebelhorn Trophy, Finlandia Trophy, Ice Star, Asian Trophy, Warsaw Cup and Golden Spin is the last one).
  • GP series as we know (SA, SC, IdF, CoC, CoR, NHK Trophy in this order & GPF in Torino).
  • Junior GP Series (Courchevel/FRA, Lake Placid/USA, Riga/LAT, Chelyabinsk/RUS, Gdansk/POL, Zagreb/CRO, Egna/ITA & JGPF in Torino).
  • Europeans will be in Graz/AUT between 20-26 January, 4CC will be in Seoul between 3-9 February, Junior Worlds in Tallinn/EST between 2-8 March and then Worlds as we know in Montreal (16-22 March).
  • Some new or relatively new small competitions are in the calendar, like Tayside Trophy in GBR in August, Mexican Open in September, Denis Ten Memorial Challenge in Almaty in October, Budapest Trophy in October etc...

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

ISU has published the official calendar for the next season:

https://www.isu.org/inside-isu/isu-communications/communications/21148-isu-communication-2250/file

• There'll be 10 Challenger competitions (ACI, Lombardia Trophy, US Classic, Nepela Trophy, Nebelhorn Trophy, Finlandia Trophy, Ice Star, Asian Trophy, Warsaw Cup and Golden Spin is the last one).
  • GP series as we know (SA, SC, IdF, CoC, CoR, NHK Trophy in this order & GPF in Torino).
  • Junior GP Series (Courchevel/FRA, Lake Placid/USa, Riga/LAT, Chelyabinsk/RUS, Gdansk/POL, Zagreb/CRO, Egna/ITA & JGPF in Torino).
  • Europeans will be in Graz/AUT between 20-26 January, 4CC will be in Seoul between 3-9 February, Junior Worlds in Tallinn/EST between 2-8 March and then Worlds as we know in Montreal (16-22 March).
  • Some new or relatively new small competitions are in the calendar, like Tayside Trophy in GBR in August, Mexican Open in September, Denis Ten Memorial Challenge in Almaty in October, Budapest Trophy in October etc...

Thank you for the information @sallycinnamon

:smiley-happy105::figure-skating-smiley::smiley-happy105:

Tayside Trophy, Dundee, Scotland GB.  Open to Seniors.... Wonder if Yuzu

would consider.....   :wut:

Where??????            :english1:

No way .....               :yuck:

I think even if we lie a bit and say it's near where Nessie lives.... it would still be a no!!!!

One can dream.  :10814716:

On 5/10/2019 at 1:20 PM, Yume said:

Instagram is a competition now

O1aJH4Xsszo.jpg

I'm confused as to what they mean by "delay" in rotation.  I thought "delayed rotation" referred to jumps where the skater jumps into the air first then completes all the rotations in the air.  If the rotation is starting on the ice, how can you argue that there's any delay?   I think heavy pre-rotaters also essentially spin off the take off because they're relying on rotational momentum to complete the jump.  I can't think of one that turns forward, then pauses to stop the rotation, takes off, then completes the rotation - and if they are doing that, isn't it essentially a different jump?  Nevermind that at 180 degrees pre-rotation, the skater would be taking off forward so the jumps should technically be called "downgraded" and therefore how can you even call it a quad (unless they're going for a quint)?

So, I suppose Nathan has not given US fed guarantees that he'll take two years off college and focus solely on preparing for the Olys, huh? Because this isn't fair to the few usually clean jumpers out there and he's one of those usually clean jumpers.