16 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

A harcore fan on another platform (but you can find the quote somewhere in twitter also), with other people essentially agreeing with it.

Ohhhhh, I know who this is, then. I thought you were going to quote an official. Also funny given whom that person stans :rofl:

On 4/3/2019 at 3:55 PM, yuzuangel said:

5. Medvedeva is basically forced to add quads if she's skating for Russia. Quads or perish, basically.

I think that really is it in a nutshell. With all the young skaters coming up she really has no choice but to add a quad if she wants to continue competing.

The same goes for Jason. I love his skating but he needs quads to stay relevant.

There’s a whole handbook of regulations that’s reviewed and updated regularly but sure. GOE is subjective. Let’s just burn the handbook and hand scores based on the judges personal preference of skaters only :3:

On 4/1/2019 at 12:59 PM, Neenah said:

I think the most important contribution Icescope can have in its current design is to provide accurate data on ......., how different entries affect the jumps size, is the height and body type of the skater important for a jumps size, and many other questions that when answered can help refining the rules and score skaters more fairly.

Maybe after this data is collected and analysed the software and its numbers can be used for scoring like @Old Cat Lady suggested, but it is important to make sure that the numbers are understood first, so that we do not discriminate against any skater because of their body type or technique.

That's the thing I've been wondering about the stats - how do they relate to body type? What if a skater has excellent technique but is of a small (ie short) body type. Are they still able to get the same height? 

OTOH I think its fairly apparent when a jump is just skimming across the ice rather than getting proper lift off.

47 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Ohhhhh, I know who this is, then. I thought you were going to quote an official. Also funny given whom that person stans :rofl:

Yes, I know 😒.

The problem was that she/he told that but a lot (too many for my taste) of the others after practically said that's was right. If considered in itself, it is not so relevant or not so much as what other representative of skaters, coaches or officials have said in these last weeks/days. But taken in the whole context, this also gives me the feeling that everything is not objective and measurable / quantifiable in figure skating. There is no point in competing and scoring following rules - or guidelines  🙄 - ...and for a lot of fans, skaters and officials everything is really fine in this way.

44 minutes ago, Yume said:

Ballet should be an olympic sport too. Since we have a 100% subjective olympic sport.

I actually do think ballet should be an Olympic sport with guidebooks to ensure objective scoring as there is good technique and bad technique

15 minutes ago, anski said:

I actually do think ballet should be an Olympic sport with guidebooks to ensure objective scoring as there is good technique and bad technique

Well, actually, if we're on this train: I don't think figure skating, ballet, dancesport etc. etc. should be Olympic sports.

6 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Do gymnastics and diving have this extent of a problem? I don't watch so can't say.

Yes. When you see Simone winning with an huge gap at the last worlds while she fell twice, there is a problem.