What do you guys think? He can replace 4S3T by 4T3T or maybe 4lo3T. Just get rid of the one with least success rate.

I can easily see the 4S-3T being replaced by a 4Lo-3T in the SP in case he does the 4Lz. Otherwise, considering he loves it, I don't think he's going to get rid of it. About the FS, if he's doing the 5 quad program, and has the 4Lz, I guess it could go but I think he'd still keep the 4S-3T there.

You know how he is. He stuck with it the whole ruddy season, so I don't think it'll disappear now unless he's bringing in the 4Lz.

What do you guys think? He can replace 4S3T by 4T3T or maybe 4lo3T. Just get rid of the one with least success rate.

I can easily see the 4S-3T being replaced by a 4Lo-3T in the SP in case he does the 4Lz. Otherwise, considering he loves it, I don't think he's going to get rid of it. About the FS, if he's doing the 5 quad program, and has the 4Lz, I guess it could go but I think he'd still keep the 4S-3T there.

You know how he is. He stuck with it the whole ruddy season, so I don't think it'll disappear now unless he's bringing in the 4Lz.

Frankly I think 4lz or 4Lo3T :cry: might have better success rate in competition than 4S3T...

Frankly I think 4lz or 4Lo3T :cry: might have better success rate in competition than 4S3T...

Considering it was a mental block issue, I am not surprised at all the success rate went down the drain, as that then encompassed the SP as well.

I just have a weird idea that the 4Lz won't give him any more trouble than the 4Lo say did, if in fact even that much :think: but the 4Lo-3T is going to be interesting, if he decides to use it. That's not an easy combo but on the other hand, the 4Lo has settled really well, knock on wood.

I'm with you: after all the time spent on the 4S3T I don't think he'll downgrade back to a 4T3T (as long as the mental block is gone). The 4Lo3T is another beast entirely: if it's going well, it's a good option to keep in mind.

That is so not Yuzu. Anyway he could have done it this season, if he wanted to, after the success rate of his 4S3T became lower, but he chose not to change anything.

I also think he might keep the 4S3T in the free skate, but there is a possibility of the 4Lo3T in the SP. Depending on the 4Lz, too.

Idk, I have this gut feeling that Yuzu's not gonna use the 4Lz in competition next season.. ;(( As much as I'd love to see it perfected like we all do, what I get from his interviews is that he won't seriously try to put it in a programme. He'll still practice it, but not with the same intention he had with 4l. I'd love to be proven wrong of course. I just feel like he'll either try to repeat another quad, or maximise his GOE and PCS..

I will be very surprised if he includes the 4Lz in competition next season. I still feel this season never completely jelled for him, despite winning Worlds again. He was really, really lucky and you know that he's well aware of that. I think as fans we often underestimate just how risky these quads are for skaters, not just physically risky but mentally as well.

And based on comments both he and Brian have made, I'm pretty certain he'll have two new programs for the Olympics. Brian made Prince sound like a one-off, experimental music choice for him. And Yuzu has spoken of the downside of using H&L as the music for his FP.

Idk, I have this gut feeling that Yuzu's not gonna use the 4Lz in competition next season.. ;(( As much as I'd love to see it perfected like we all do, what I get from his interviews is that he won't seriously try to put it in a programme. He'll still practice it, but not with the same intention he had with 4l. I'd love to be proven wrong of course. I just feel like he'll either try to repeat another quad, or maximise his GOE and PCS..

I will be very surprised if he includes the 4Lz in competition next season. I still feel this season never completely jelled for him, despite winning Worlds again. He was really, really lucky and you know that he's well aware of that. I think as fans we often underestimate just how risky these quads are for skaters, not just physically risky but mentally as well.

And based on comments both he and Brian have made, I'm pretty certain he'll have two new programs for the Olympics. Brian made Prince sound like a one-off, experimental music choice for him. And Yuzu has spoken of the downside of using H&L as the music for his FP.

THIS. I think the sheer number of men doing so many quads and the number of quads EACH man are jumping growing in such a short period might have tilted our perception of quads to a degree. They're very hard and impossible to control ALL the time. Quads ARE risky; even an 'easy' one like 4S proved to be challenging at times. And the big O isn't the time to risk.

Whatever yuzu does for his SP I hope he would start with a combination just so that he doesn't paint himself into a corner if the second jumping pass doesn't go as cleanly. He would have been over 100 at worlds easily if he just had a combination at the start, even if he put his foot down a little on that second jump.

Agree with Dani there

Start with a combo first for the sake of everything lol. Less stress for me and less stress for him. XD It is always good to have a back-up plan. If he nails his combo first he could be more relaxed going into the solo jump. But Brian said Yuzu is a no safety net guy so I think I won't hope too much too. :(

I agree about the mental block issue for 4S3T though, he can do it fine in practice, but it does seem like he is affected after botching it so many times in competition. But at the same time I don't know if going back to 4T3T would make him more consistent. One thing is for sure, his 4T is more reliable than 4S, despite lysfranc and everything

Whatever yuzu does for his SP I hope he would start with a combination just so that he doesn't paint himself into a corner if the second jumping pass doesn't go as cleanly. He would have been over 100 at worlds easily if he just had a combination at the start, even if he put his foot down a little on that second jump.

I agree

But i don't think he will

I want to see more 4lz because that deep ass edge in the practice was so pleasing

I don't want him to keep prince....i did but now i don't. It's great when he's feeling it but when he can't get the jumps and hes frustrated the entire program collapses because it needs a light atmosphere. If he could do it perfect at the olympics, sure, but I don;t really know where else LGC can go other than clean...

I showed my friend a few SPs yesterday (Javi's, Boyang's, Patrick's and Yuzuru's) and she still liked Yuzuru's the best (even though I know she's no Prince fan). She said that by comparson Javi was more static, which surprised me. So it seems that despite the mistake he still managed to pull off the atmosphere. :s_smile

I don't want him to keep this SP either, Let's say GPF version is clean and move on, I don't like that he has the feeling : "I am not so good in SP" so better find something which will bring PW feelings for him, comfortable from the start. :yes:

It's quite telling of the kind of person Yuzu is that we're talking about how going for a combo as 1st jumping pass in the SP or going back to the reliable 4T could make his life easier BUT at the same time we know he probably won't.

Yuzu will do things the Yuzu way or not at all (and our cardiologists will keep getting rich at the expense of our streak of Yuzu-induced heart-attacks :rofl:)

I have given up hope for combo going first. It should because it offers a major safety net but lol, what is that? Also, lol what are my nerves? :whiteflag:

In terms of safety, I think the best bet is keeping the current layout but I don't actually believe even that will happen.