3 hours ago, Xen said:

May I say that I'm so *not* surprised that some of the most consistent biases are coming from the larger feds? Specifically 3 feds can't seem to find that many judges without biases, but also kind of proves some stat someone posted long ago that for major competitions, Feds do send judges who already have more national bias than avg. 

I am amused however at the Geo and Isr judges you have listed. 

Sometimes small/medium fed judges can be as bad as big fed judges, but big fed judges do tend to be more consistently biased, whereas in my experience small feds can be all over the place. ISR judges tend to be pretty consistently bad though.

I added in a bunch more judges. Says a lot that only two of them have a bias below 0.1 raw goe/pcs or 1 score. Of the two, one seems to have a personal grudge against their one home country skater 😂 what did Michal Brezina do to you to deserve -11, Czech judge?

41 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Sometimes small/medium fed judges can be as bad as big fed judges, but big fed judges do tend to be more consistently biased, whereas in my experience small feds can be all over the place. ISR judges tend to be pretty consistently bad though.

I added in a bunch more judges. Says a lot that only two of them have a bias below 0.1 raw goe/pcs or 1 score. Of the two, one seems to have a personal grudge against their one home country skater 😂 what did Michal Brezina do to you to deserve -11, Czech judge?

:xD:

Didn't finish all the judges in time, but I gotta fly out for GPF so I figure I might as well post my (mostly kind of partly finished) judge data now. I made a separate thread for it because I wanted to keep updating it without it getting confusing to follow and I think it would be a little too difficult to do that here since there are a lot of things discussed on this thread. So here's the thread. Conclusions: Boo Russian and American judges, Japanese judges are mostly okay.

• 2 weeks later...

I am posting this here because I don't want to rain on people's parade celebrating Kovtun's return. But it's also applicable to many other skaters in many other competitions, so I guess it properly belongs here...

Yuzu said that artistry is the result of great technique. But what we are seeing is people getting high components scores without even trying to learn/practice/demonstrate the technique that is supposed to constitute artistry. Eteri's team did sort of teach the judges what transitions are, in the ladies' competitions. Brian tries to talk about the importance of skating skills. A number of skaters are very good at musical interpretation. And we even have some amazing performers. However, it seems that only a few exceptions, especially few in men, are even trying to be good at all of the components. Yet, everyone who can successfully land their jumps gets high PCS across the board. This makes me so sad because I know what Yuzu is doing is superhumanly hard, but even he is oftentimes not properly rewarded for his efforts, and the scores do not encourage the others to follow in his footsteps. How is he not the example to be emulated? What are we going to do without him? :sadPooh: The judges are ruining his legacy. :sadPooh::tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg::8122879: He achieved that perfect technique that translates into "artistry" only for them to discourage everyone from ever trying to attain it (in men singles at least). I know this is overly dramatic and pessimistic. But how many would go after Yuzuru components-artistry, when empty programs with quads get over 90 PCS?

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this isn't the right thread to post this but, I remember hearing there was talk of making a fs archive, or building a video base on another site since the Korean company were deleting them... did anything come out of that? I would check on Twitter but I don't use it :runaway:

On 12/30/2018 at 4:23 PM, yuzuangel said:

So is Nathan not going to 4cc?

Can Boyang defend his title now that he got 4lz back?

I don't think it's confirmed that he won't go to 4CC but he it's likely that he won't be there.

It'd be nice if Boyang defends his title! :cheer: If he goes well like he did at Nationals, it's possible I'd say. It'll also depend on the others though.

We have the entry list for Europeans from the Belorussian fed's page (it's not up on ISU yet):

56 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Me, too ... I was kinda having hopes that she could medal ... a bronze at least ... :cry: but now I guess this is gonna be a russian 1,2,3

Yes, the chance for an all-Russian podium is now even higher. 

I hope she'll get better soon and will be back for Worlds. 

ETA: Belgium had two spots and Vandersarren is not on the list anymore either. I think she doesn't have the TES minimum for the free skate.