47 minutes ago, airi said:

If I calculated right, the base value should be 91,43, and the max GOE 37,15 with the planned layout... So it would be very hard. It's one jumping pass less than before after all...

Mmh well, he should be perfectly clean. I think he can do it, and if not tomorrow, he can do it some other day. Mentally he's the strongest in the game right now. 

Guys, I accidentally saw an interview by Russian ice dancers Betina Popova and Sergei Mozgov (a couple with power rangers costumes for the gala) and Betina said next year rythme dance topic is "musicals". Sorry if everybody knows about this already, I just want to say wow about this for now, because I can't decide if this is a good news or not. :think:

Interview is in Russian. Link: https://rsport.ria.ru/interview/20181121/1146292666.html 

11 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

Guys, I accidentally saw an interview by Russian ice dancers Betina Popova and Sergei Mozgov (a couple with power rangers costumes for the gala) and Betina said next year rythme dance topic is "musicals". Sorry if everybody knows about this already, I just want to say wow about this for now, because I can't decide if this is a good news or not. :think:

Interview is in Russian. Link: https://rsport.ria.ru/interview/20181121/1146292666.html 

:peekapooh:I've fully embraced my musical-loving self and i'm looking forward to that

1 hour ago, airi said:

It's out of the blue question, but, do you maybe know if video of WC2018 is available somewhere in the internet? Like full coverage or at least a little more than top groups on youtube?

Try this channel, it has a lot of videos from WC18 cut into warmup groups (not sure if all groups are there though)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_2Zs8zU2EvhU1WIby7VGog

14 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

I absolutely love musicals but I'm a bit against this one. Mainly because there is no set pattern to it so it's harder to compare which ice dancers are doing the pattern correctly - meaning judging is going to be veeeeeeeeery muddled for next season.

yay i'm finally finished with compiling my grand prix event judging data. Special thanks to @WinForPooh for her help! Here's a preview of the judges datasheet I'm putting together. Currently doesn't have very many judges and only has data from GP events, but I'm going to keep adding stuff this week and next.

relatedly, I'm going to have an conniption fit the next time I see Olga Kozhemyakina on a judging panel. she has horrible bias statistics but she keeps getting judging assignments. and it turns out that Deborah Currie, the US men's judge a lot of us were side-eyeing at Rostelecom is pretty bad too.

20 minutes ago, shanshani said:

yay i'm finally finished with compiling my grand prix event judging data. Special thanks to @WinForPooh for her help! Here's a preview of the judges datasheet I'm putting together. Currently doesn't have very many judges and only has data from GP events, but I'm going to keep adding stuff this week and next.

relatedly, I'm going to have an conniption fit the next time I see Olga Kozhemyakina on a judging panel. she has horrible bias statistics but she keeps getting judging assignments. and it turns out that Deborah Currie, the US men's judge a lot of us were side-eyeing at Rostelecom is pretty bad too.

Holy shit Olga Kozhemyakina does not like Mai! 

4 hours ago, shanshani said:

May I say that I'm so *not* surprised that some of the most consistent biases are coming from the larger feds? Specifically 3 feds can't seem to find that many judges without biases, but also kind of proves some stat someone posted long ago that for major competitions, Feds do send judges who already have more national bias than avg. 

I am amused however at the Geo and Isr judges you have listed.