46 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

ACI is so close and convenient that even if it's "too soon" I think it's the most attractive option.  And if we're going to learn the new rules in June that still feels like plenty of time to me, especially for a guy who only had 3 weeks to really pull himself together to compete at the Olys.  

I think if he gains his 4Lo back in time, it should be fine points wise, since he's one of the few guys who can probably land +4/+5 GOE 3As , which should help offset any downsides if the "no repeat quad" rule passes, and give him some breathing room (especially since his 3As are all second half). 

It would depend on which GPs he goes to. Would ACI coincide with the Russian test skates? In which case, both of them can go to Finlandia in early October, and then go to SC in late Oct 2018. And if necessary, one may go to Rostel in mid Nov too. 

Actually scheduling wise it would depend on recovery, but another possibility is to go ACI-->Skate America-->NHK-->GPF. 

If they go Finlandia, then it would be Finlandia--> SC--> Rostel--> GPF

The one I'd be worried about is if one of them ends up at IdF, in which case, the time between IdF and GPF is too close, even though thanks to being in Canada, they won't have to travel as much to get to GPF. 

14 minutes ago, Xen said:

Actually scheduling wise it would depend on recovery, but another possibility is to go ACI-->Skate America-->NHK-->GPF. 

If they go Finlandia, then it would be Finlandia--> SC--> Rostel--> GPF

The one I'd be worried about is if one of them ends up at IdF, in which case, the time between IdF and GPF is too close, even though thanks to being in Canada, they won't have to travel as much to get to GPF. 

I kinda want Yuzu to finally get that SC gold tbvh. ><

3 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

ACI is so close and convenient that even if it's "too soon" I think it's the most attractive option.  And if we're going to learn the new rules in June that still feels like plenty of time to me, especially for a guy who only had 3 weeks to really pull himself together to compete win at the Olys.  

Fixed

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

ughhhhh this makes it so hard for me since I'm contemplating whether I should stay an extra month abroad to catch ACI (literally...only to catch ACI)....watch me do that and then have him go to Finlandia aslkfajs :13877886:

ya tell me about it, i was thinking whether or not i should move to another city (maybe continent), but i think i'll wait until Yuzu's schedule comes out for the season :13877886:

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Not really. He's had that quirk since he was a novice.. I doubt Machida had anything to do with that.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

That's why I put the 'probably' there, which you didn't bold :winky:

I should've just put, 'here's another skater who did the outward-pointing-toe-pick on his Lz and F, Machida', my bad :peekapooh:

9 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Ah, Yuzu took the outward-pointing-toe-pick on his Lz and F from Machida, probably.

Here's another skater who did the outward-pointing-toe-pick on his Lz and F: Machida.

Alice's.

Interesting, I think Machida has an even more outward toe pick than Yuzu does. He has a very pretty lutz.

14 hours ago, xeyra said:

Interesting, I think Machida has an even more outward toe pick than Yuzu does. He has a very pretty lutz.

Tara Lipninski, Dick Button and some other skaters in the past also point the toe outward in the Flip and Lutz. It is rare but not something no one did.