45 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/173068601884/omg-im-obsessed-with-the-back-counter-into-flyang

Another lovely gem from Alice about Yuzuru's flying camel spin, and his amazing back counter into flying camel spin from CiONTU!  :goe:

I noticed that wonderful counter into flying camel spin too! It's amazing and he should do it in future programs!! It seems as if the spin is coming out of nowhere :biggrin:

14 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/173068601884/omg-im-obsessed-with-the-back-counter-into-flyang

Another lovely gem from Alice about Yuzuru's flying camel spin, and his amazing back counter into flying camel spin from CiONTU!  :goe:

I love her on tumblr.

Anyone knw if she us in Planet Hanyu?? 

22 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Last paragraph, people. They are still negotiating. Don't get your hopes up just yet. (Me at me: >.>)

5 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I think several more knowledgeable people than me have been pointing this out a lot, but the decision doesn't depend on any one person only. On top of my head, there are at least 4 potential frontrunners in the men ONLY that Orser has taken on (Yuzu, Orzel, Gogolev, Cha). All of whom also have feds that might be lobbying for them just as hard as CSA, which Orser might not necessarily want to deal with. 2 direct competitors training under one roof was already tough to manage, let alone 4. There's also the fact that Orser is not the only coach at TCC. CSA might wish for Jin to be sent training under Orser, but that's not going to be the only thing factored into the decision.

Look, I am telling all of this to myself, too. But Murphy's law.:13877886:I just don't want a mass breakdown on the Planet if it didn't happen.

Crossposting my posts from Team China thread, and I am shutting up.

*whisper @Yatagarasu :help:

13 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

I heard that may yuzu and jin fans overlap. Is this true? Why is it so when they are competing against each other.

Also why is it that Nathan and yuzu fans rarely overlap but Boyang fans overlap with yuzu?

Opinions please

I... don't understand why you don't understand why we couldn't love several skaters at the same time ??? We love the sport, and those who excel at it, how is it difficult to understand ?

It's true I think that many Yuzu fan love Boyang too. At least on tumblr. I think that it is simply because Boyang visibly strives for the same cocktail of technical perfection and artistry as Yuzu, in the long term. Technically, his jumps are great. Artistically, he's not quite there yet, but he visibly wants to improve, and he gets kudos for it. There's also the fact that Yuzu visibly likes him best amongst the yound skaters. It helps :)

Also, Boyang never got any help from judges, so there's no bitterness involved regarding his scores (contrary to Shoma or Nathan).

As for Nathan... There are fans of both. But I think the fact that he abandoned artistry and transitions for the sake of mass jumping, this season, when he had such great programs at the beginning of the season, was a big cold shower for many Yuzu fans. It was for me, at least.

And all the politicking around Nathan has iritated many Yuzu fans, even if it's not his fault.

As for myself, I'm ready to love Nathan again if he puts back artistry and transitions in his programs. And a real choreo sequence, FFS !

2 minutes ago, Altie said:

I... don't understand why you don't understand why we couldn't love several skaters at the same time ??? We love the sport, and those who excel at it, how is it difficult to understand ?

It's true I think that many Yuzu fan love Boyang too. At least on tumblr. I think that it is simply because Boyang visibly strives for the same cocktail of technical perfection and artistry as Yuzu, in the long term. Technically, his jumps are great. Artistically, he's not quite there yet, but he visibly wants to improve so it, and he gets kudos for it. There's also the fact that Yuzu visibly likes him best amongst the yound skaters. It helps :)

Also, Boyang never got any help from judges, so there's no bitterness involved regarding his scores (contrary to Shoma or Nathan).

As for Nathan... There are fans of both. But I think the fact that he abandoned artistry and transitions for the sake of mass jumping, this season, when he had such great programs at the beginning of the season, was a big cold shower for many Yuzu fans. It was for me, at least.

And all the politicking around Nathan has iritated many Yuzu fans, even if it's not his fault.

As for myself, I'm ready to love Nathan again if he puts back artistry and transitions in his programs. And a real choreo sequence, FFS !

Amen to this - especially the last part.  Nemesis - what a waste of Shae-lynn Bourne's genius.

Also Yuzuru's only real competitor is himself.......

2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Amen to this - especially the last part.  Nemesis - what a waste of Shae-lynn Bourne's genius.

I was a big fan of this program at the beginning of the season. I couldn't wait to see how it would develop... I've been disappointed, to say the least.

8 minutes ago, Altie said:

It's true I think that many Yuzu fan love Boyang too. At least on tumblr. I think that it is simply because Boyang visibly strives for the same cocktail of technical perfection and artistry as Yuzu, in the long term. Technically, his jumps are great. Artistically, he's not quite there yet, but he visibly wants to improve, and he gets kudos for it. There's also the fact that Yuzu visibly likes him best amongst the yound skaters. It helps :)

Your last paragraph was why I asked this question. Ive seen many figure skating fans fight each other in where I live because of "my skater is better than yours" argument. 

So in someways it was surprising to see people love 2 competing skaters equally and root for them both.. I personally like Shoma because of his artistry but I support Yuzu. 

I am surprized you have seen yuzu and nathan fans overlapping. I haven't seen it on Golden Skate myself. 

6 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I envied that music and wanted to see yuzu perform it instead 😂😂

@AltieIt was disappointing- and it pointed up the difference between him and Boyang, sort of confirmed the impression that he wanted gold, right now and then he was going to be gone a la Tara Lipinski, whereas Boyang worked really hard on his programmes, even that uninspiring ( throwing roses at it tbh) FS.

@cinemacoconut  well every single fandom has its super obsessive groups which run in blinkers including Yuzuru's. As far as Nemesis is concerned I thought it had the potential to be N's Pari-San - in the same way that Jeff used that music to make the 19 year old YHs somewhat flailing arms a plus rather than a minus , SLB used Nemesis to capitalise on Nathan's tendency to abrupt slightly jerky movement into a stylistic thing rather than a negative one.  

RE: Nathan - I too had high hopes for Nemesis... mainly because I thought that the limit of 3 jumping passes in the SP meant he would have a bit more structure than the FS and boy did he prove me wrong. Until now I still don't understand why he/his team kept changing the layout of the SP.

RE: Boyang - Yay!!! I do have a bit of worry though. If Yuzu does decide to continue on to Beijing then Brian will have medal contenders from Japan, China, and South Korea... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: