6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

@cinemacoconut... you know what's funny? Yuzu usually lands his new jumps in his first competition trying it with +GOEs.... then it goes a bit awry before becoming stable. He actually got the 4Lo stable much faster than anticipated (probably because he does it both in the SP and FS unlike when he started the 4S). The success rate of the 4Lo only went down during the '17-18 season because he only jumped it at COR'18 and that was after having the knee pain at ACI and because he was concentrating too much on 4Lz. I'm not saying he'll be able to jump 4A and get +GOE immediately but let's just say he does have a pattern and we should never underestimate Mr Hanyu :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

4T

NHK'10  1.29
COR'10 (popped to 3T)
JNats'10 (popped to 3T)
4CC'11  2.00

Nebelhorn'11 -2.57
COC'11  2.00
COR'11 -2.57
GPF'11  1.14
JNats'11 1.60
WC'12  2.43

4S

Finlandia'12  1.83
SkA'12 -3.00
NHK'12 -1.71
GPF'12 (popped to 2S)
JNats'12 -1.80
4CC'13 (popped to 2s)
WC'13 < -1.86

Finladia'13 1.50
SC'13 -3.00
TEB'13 (popped to 1s)
GPF'13 -3.00
JNat's 13 -3.00
OWG'14 -3.00
WC'14 0.00

COC'14 -2.86
NHK'14 (popped to 2S)
GPF'14  2.43
JNats'14 -3.00
WC'14 (popped to 2S)
WTT'14  2.57

ACI'15  1.80
SC'15  1.71
NHK'15  2.86
GPF'15  3.00

4Lo

ACI'16  SP 0.80  FS 0.40

SC'16  SP << -2.10  FS << -2.10

NHK'16  SP -2.63  FS  1.57

GPF'16  SP -1.03  FS  1.14

4CC'17  SP  2.29  FS  2.14

WC'17  SP  2.43  FS  2.43

WTT'17 SP (popped to 1Lo)  FS 2.57

COR'18  SP < -2.06  FS (popped to 3Lo)

4Lz

COR'18 1.14  :smiley-laughing021:

What a painful history with 4S. :laughing:

34 minutes ago, Xen said:

Well considering when he tried that...was that before 15/16 off season?

I'm now soo suspicious of that look he gave when they did that projection of his 4A. I guess he figured out the height already, but I think he might have had trouble with the distance calculation. A certain glee that he was so close to being right....

Yes, very suspicious. It was a smirk, when they showed him that projection. A real smirk. 

2 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

It's either 2A or 3A for Senior Ladies. It has to be 3A for Senior Men.

For junior, it has to be 2A for Junior Ladies, it's either 2A or 3A for Junior Men.

It can be 2A for senior men too, by the way. 

Um...I think Alice (aka the-real-xmonster) on Tumblr already had an SP layout for Yuzu that is almost all axels. Since he could theoretically do Nessie and a 3A pass. However, realistically Yuzu no longer has a 2A. So I uh, put a layout for him. Under spoilers because I don't want to scare people. And um, if a certain person does lurk, no, this is not recommended, unless you really want to kill your fans. You do care about us don't you, or were all those thanks in the books lies? :peekapooh:

Spoiler

Layout: 4A//4T3T 3A   Spins: FCCoSp4  CCSp4  CCoSp4

Base BV:  54.51

with +2 GOE average: 65.31

He will likely exceed that, since we're not sure how that +5/-5 GOE will work for GOE points, but it's highly likely he'll exceed 65 if he goes clean.

I can see the 4A in the FS but not the SP. It might take a while for Yuzu to be able to SE sandwich a 4A to meet the solo jump steps requirement. Not that the requirement is obeyed and judged correctly as it is by judges but it's the principle of the thing. 

10 hours ago, Xen said:

If he suddenly gets that random idea that he wants to land a 4A on Olympic stage, then we better grab our wigs and get ready for the wild ride. He's very forward thinking of what he wants in terms of his skating, but I don't know if he's completely crystal clear on everything in terms of life goals.

2020/2021 season finished, interviewer: "Well Hanyu, now that you've managed to land your 4A consistently this season, going into the Olympics next season, do you have any plans?"

Yuzuru: "No plans yet!"

Interviewer: "But don't you want to land 4A at the Olympics? Wouldn't that be glorious? You're still the only athlete capable of landing it."

Yuzuru: "Uhmmmm yeah! Who knows! I haven't made up my mind yet."

Interviewer: "Two years ago you said that, if you attended Beijing Olympics, then you'd win. Are your eyes set on that third Olympic gold?"

Yuzuru: "I still have to decide if I will be able to attend after all."

Yuzuru: 

Trollzuru: *mwhahahaha I'm so gonna land 4A with +5 GOE at the Olympics and win, I'm so evil mwhahahahah*

42 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I can see the 4A in the FS but not the SP. It might take a while for Yuzu to be able to SE sandwich a 4A to meet the solo jump steps requirement. Not that the requirement is obeyed and judged correctly as it is by judges but it's the principle of the thing. 

I think FS is more likely too, but who knows >_>

8 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

2020/2021 season finished, interviewer: "Well Hanyu, now that you've managed to land your 4A consistently this season, going into the Olympics next season, do you have any plans?"

Interviewer: "But don't you want to land 4A at the Olympics? Wouldn't that be glorious? You're still the only athlete capable of landing it."

Interviewer: "Two years ago you said that, if you attended Beijing Olympics, then you'd win. Are your eyes set on that third Olympic gold?"

Yuzuru: 

Trollzuru: *mwhahahaha I'm so gonna land 4A with +5 GOE at the Olympics and win, I'm so evil mwhahahahah*

*sigh* let's not go there, I want my hair to stay on longer. But then again, like Brian's expression in that interview, "That would be amazing..."

21 минуту назад, Murieleirum сказал:

Yuzuru: 

I was laughing so hard. Thank you :)

11 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

I have this notion that Yuzu is going to land 4A.... Then no one else will for quite some time. And we will be getting commenters going like "and now the 4A.... He is still the only one in the world to do it....marvelous! Smooth as silk!" 

I wonder if anyone will ever land it again if he does.