And I'll break the ice, until my soulmate arrives and then you can see what chaos twins create.

Please stay on topic :s_tongue

As for potential layout plans - I'm personally leaning very much to Yuzu including the 4Lz. He is not the type to say "I'm doing something" and then not doing it, he's a lot more the type to not say a word and just throw out a 2 quad SP with no warning. So whatever he says in interviews, I'd go more by what we heard and now saw in practices. At the WTT practices he had a bad succession rate, but it was at the end of the season, he was exhausted, and I'm sure some form of doing the 4Lz the first time before cameras pressure was there. So I wouldn't give that too much weight. Technique looks perfect (as ever though). So I'll brace myself for a 4lz spread eagle sandwich :whiteflag:

Regarding the 'keeping the SP layout but add 4Lz to LP' thing, that's personally my idea of the best balance between raising difficulty but allowing him to hit as consistently as possible. However, I have zero hops that he'll do that, it has so little crazy factor :rotfl:

(PS: since you're already talking about soul mates, I already befriended some of you here - and I do not need your permission or yes for that at all! So I will spam the friendship button and nobody is save :grin: )

I think he will keep the same layout for SP. He has not skate clean with 4lo, 4S3T/3A layout (GPF came close). As for the LP, it will depend on his 4Lz by the end of the summer. I heard that it will be very difficult to do a combo after loop jump, so I don't think we'll see 4lo3t, although he land it already. I have a headache when I try to think about his LP layout lol

Lol what am I to do without you and our forever lamenting at that combo :rofl:

:grin:

What do you think of SP layout like this : 4Lo /// 4S3T 3A or 4Lo3T/// 4S 3A

the first one is not much change just moving the combo in the second half. The second is more change but less risk of getting the +Combo. I think he should do his combo first because I get stressed otherwise lol.

Um. Do you really want me to say it? If he includes the 4Lz I think we'll get the usual 4Lz, 4Lo-3T, 3A. In fact if he includes the 4Lz next season, I am willing to bet on this one.

If there is no 4Lz, then your second option though do you really think he'll do the combo first? I just don't think the little monster has any regard for us so I am afraid you're going to have to flip those two around.

And we still haven't touched on what the last pass in the FS might be. Or rather when :lol:

4Lz height was excellent and the air position quite good though. It could also be the nerves of doing it in public for the first time, knowing all attention is on him and that he had failed 8 times prior. XD I think he's farther along than he looked.

I was thinking about this one too. First time in public, all attention on him and he knows it. I am sure it affected him. Which probably makes this the ideal place to try it for the first time, even more ideal than say during a show. It's still comp related but not quite. I do think he's further along too.

Please stay on topic :s_tongue

I choked on my tea, thank you! :rofl:

Regarding the 'keeping the SP layout but add 4Lz to LP' thing, that's personally my idea of the best balance between raising difficulty but allowing him to hit as consistently as possible. However, I have zero hops that he'll do that, it has so little crazy factor :rotfl:

(PS: since you're already talking about soul mates, I already befriended some of you here - and I do not need your permission or yes for that at all! So I will spam the friendship button and nobody is save :grin: )

Yes, I mean your idea is the best in terms of his new 'ideology' of raising the average. And it's a good thing to have, I totally understand why he's stuck on that one. But on the other hand, Yuzuru is Yuzuru so if the 4Lz comes, it'll come in the SP. The boy has zero chill.

(lol I did not even notice those, go forth and multiply! err, well something like that, the Minister gives you her blessing)

Ooh I like this thread. Layout talk always fascinates me even though I'm rubbish at it and it gives me headaches.

I think he might put the 4lz in and if it doesn't go well he'll take it out, instead of keeping it like with the 4S at Sochi.

Ooh I like this thread. Layout talk always fascinates me even though I'm rubbish at it and it gives me headaches.

I think he might put the 4lz in and if it doesn't go well he'll take it out, instead of keeping it like with the 4S at Sochi.

If he decides to put the 4lz in any of his programs you will never see him taking it out. Even if it does't work good from the beginning. He is stuborn like this. Look at the Ex CoD.

If he decides to put the 4lz in any of his programs you will never see him taking it out. Even if it does't work good from the beginning. He is stuborn like this. Look at the Ex CoD.

Oh no my poor nerves wouldn't be able to take it :cry:

As if the Olympic season wasn't already stressful enough :cry:

This was supposed to be all fun and games, urgh, I blame Kubo Mitsubou for dragging me into this :roll:

I know but I hope he decides to learn some lessons. The Olympics are not a good time to try and land a jump you've never or once landed in competition. I hope he sees that from his 4S at Sochi but then again, he is really stubborn

I know but I hope he decides to learn some lessons. The Olympics are not a good time to try and land a jump you've never or once landed in competition. I hope he sees that from his 4S at Sochi but then again, he is really stubborn

It's Yuzuru. I do think there's only so much he can bend on this matter. I am just grateful that he's so focused on his own health and making sure it's his top priority. If he includes the 4Lz though, I don't think there's going back but on the other hand, I really do not think that it'll be a problem in that case. Well, as much a new jump can not be a problem, ie it'll have the usual growing pains but I think it'll slot in there just fine.

It's Yuzuru. I do think there's only so much he can bend on this matter. I am just grateful that he's so focused on his own health and making sure it's his top priority. If he includes the 4Lz though, I don't think there's going back but on the other hand, I really do not think that it'll be a problem in that case. Well, as much a new jump can not be a problem, ie it'll have the usual growing pains but I think it'll slot in there just fine.

Yeah I guess I can't ask him to change too much. Hopefully the 4Lz will be more like his 4Lo and not cause too much trouble.

Yeah I guess I can't ask him to change too much. Hopefully the 4Lz will be more like his 4Lo and not cause too much trouble.

4Lo behaved okay, a few impediments at the beginning of the season, than it stabilized. His problems on Ex CoD, on the other hand was more of a timing and mental issue. At the ending of season it stabilized as well (SP on WTT doesn't count). I belive that the same thing will happen with the 4Lz if he really wants to put it on one of the programs. But, in the Oly season is risky IMO.

My friend says, in order to skate clean, Yuzuru should get rid of that 4S3T combo.

She thinks that the main reason Yuna went clean at Olympic Vancouver was because she got rid of the 3Lo. She won 4CC test event at Olympic arena but fell on the 3Lo. So by getting rid of the 3Lo, she was clean at Vancouver 2010 and won.

I agree that being cleacheese hole man of the night will help. And that 4S3T makes me scared. If it's truly a weakness, should he get rid of it, since he messed the 4S3T at the test even (also 4CC).

What do you guys think? He can replace 4S3T by 4T3T or maybe 4lo3T. Just get rid of the one with least success rate.

I believe the 4Lz is still on the air: he will put it in somewhow if he feels it's stable enough in practice (it's definitely advantageous, re BV), then try to get enough mileage with it before PC; if it's not stable, I think he won't (too risky, too little time).

He and his team got very valuable experience this season with adding the 4Lo and they should follow a similar pattern, but with the Oly being much sooner in the season, everything needs to be as settled as possible much faster. I think he has more to lose by putting it out there before its ready than he stands to gain by adding it :think:

Yuna hated the loop, that's why they decided to left it out from the layout for the Olympic season.

Yuzu doesn't hate 4S or the 4S3T combo. Also I don't think that Yuzu would choose the easier way, 4T3T. I don't know about 4Lo3T though, maybe he practices it in the summer and if the success rate is high then it would be an option.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to imagine that he won't get the 4Lz if he tries. "Can't do it" isn't a concept I apply to him, aside from injury.

4S3T combo will be fine. He will be careful to have the timing work perfectly with his new music, and that will solve the problem. For him, doubting and watering down to go clean won't help. Better to push through, dare all, overcome. That's how I see it.

I'd keep the SP layout the same though.

Yuzu doesn't hate 4S or the 4S3T combo. Also I don't think that Yuzu would choose the easier way, 4T3T. I don't know about 4Lo3T though, maybe he practices it in the summer and if the success rate is high then it would be an option.

I'm with you: after all the time spent on the 4S3T I don't think he'll downgrade back to a 4T3T (as long as the mental block is gone). The 4Lo3T is another beast entirely: if it's going well, it's a good option to keep in mind.