Since the general thread is moving like it's on steroids (which is fabulous, do carry on please, no doping tests present here), it is easy to get all the skating talk lost, including any and all information that we might receive, that others may want to catch up on quickly. So.

Skating talk only please.

-Layout talk

-Practices talk

-Competition discussion

-you get the drift and I'm lazy.

Skating info only please.

And I'll break the ice, until my soulmate arrives and then you can see what chaos twins create.

Back to where we were before it went big bada boom, I still think that it's up in the air over the 4Lz inclusion. Especially considering the modified translation we got, in re to that interview where it definitely sounds different than just the regular no I won't.

In which case, I'm still back to the 4Lz in the layout but only 4 quads. Except he seems to be intrigued by the 5 quad option. Gah.

If it's a 4Lz in the 5 quad layout, would you say he'll repeat the 4S then? If not, it's a no brainer. I suppose then Li'Kitsu's idea of keeping the old SP layout does have a lot of merit, as that remains stable and it really isn't that much of a difference BV-wise.

(sorry not the soulmate you're waiting for ^.^ but I'll help get the ball rolling..)

I think repeated 4S is not a bad idea, especially since he finally managed to break through the mental block. Honestly I'm leaning towards him including the 4Lz if he stabilizes it before summer ends. It's just a good thing, strategy-wise and especially if he hasn't decided, to more firmly refute those speculations for now.

Ah gladi! I can have more than one soulmate you know.

I think the 4S is just fine now too, that WTT pop was oddness, I actually went back and took a closer look and he had trouble with the takeoff, his edge slipped almost. But considering he loves his precious 4S so much now, I'm willing to bet on a 4S repeat too, in a 5 quad layout.

For the SP, if he decides to change it, then I think we'll see the 4Lz, 4Lo-3T combo appear with the 3A. Having the 4Lz in both does offer him double opportunity to practice it in competitions, which is invaluable experience really. But then if he's more for stability due to his highest average philosophy then keeping the LGC layout is better (provided of course he doesn't keep the whole damn thing).

Definitely good to refute it all now. It gets the ruddy J press off his back, at least for a little while. I mean I am sure they'll eventually find other things to moan about but at least for a little while, he should be in the clear.

Hey the soulmate is here, in weakness and strength, sickness and health, happiness or sorrow (or in landed 4S3T, 4S Fall, 4S+Combo, or 2S1Lo)

Anyway based on nanoka translation I actually get a different impression now about his 4Lz remark, and think he actually is considering to train the 4Lz and see how it go. I am also inclined to think about keeping the SP layout, because he has yet to be clean and will likely train it like no tomorrow in the off-season.

but well everything else is up in the air now. I actually think he will get the 4Lz fast if not for the crazy transition (I mean who did that anyway) but that's just Yuzuru for you.

I'll say I agree with the read re: 4Lz. To me it sounded like he has no set plans to include it, which is quite true. I'll bet he just finds it easier to do all things spread eagle sandwich #yuzuthings

I want to see more 4lz because that deep ass edge in the practice was so pleasing

I don't want him to keep prince....i did but now i don't. It's great when he's feeling it but when he can't get the jumps and hes frustrated the entire program collapses because it needs a light atmosphere. If he could do it perfect at the olympics, sure, but I don;t really know where else LGC can go other than clean...

From the video of his 4Lz attempt at WTT, look like he is training it similar with his 3Lz entry or not? I did not remember well. But if so, lol that is quite... something. Seriously not even everyone can land 3Lz with his entry hahahaha

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier, if he were to do a SP with 4Lz, to maintain the 4S3T there since he's already doing it in the FS. Unless he goes for a 4Lo3T in the FS.

Before the old thread was closed, I'd posted a few options of FS layouts with and without a 4Lz. Now that the calculator is back up, I calculated potential BV increase of possible permutations of layouts WITHOUT the 4Lz to see if there would be any worthwhile differences.

Original FS BV: 103.43

Layouts without 4Lz:

4Lo 4S 3F // 4S3T 4T2T 3A1Lo3S 3Lz 3A - BV: 103.43 (+ 0.00) - only difference is to remove the 3A2T combo, which is not garnering as many GOE anymore

4Lo 4S 3F // 4Lo3T 4T 3A2T 3A1Lo3S 3Lz - BV: 105.08 (+1.65)

4Lo 4S 3F // 4S3T 4T 3A2T 4T1Lo3S 3Lz - BV: 105.41 (+ 1.98)

4Lo 4S 3F // 4Lo3T 4T 3A2T 4T1Lo3S 3Lz - BV: 107.06 (+ 3.63) or use 4T2T and 3A1Lo3S

4Lo 4S 3F // 4Lo3T 4T 3A2T 4S1Lo3S 3Lz - BV: 107.28 (+3.85) or use 4S2T and 3A1Lo3S

Now have fun with those WITH the 4Lz!

Idk, I have this gut feeling that Yuzu's not gonna use the 4Lz in competition next season.. ;(( As much as I'd love to see it perfected like we all do, what I get from his interviews is that he won't seriously try to put it in a programme. He'll still practice it, but not with the same intention he had with 4l. I'd love to be proven wrong of course. I just feel like he'll either try to repeat another quad, or maximise his GOE and PCS..

From the video of his 4Lz attempt at WTT, look like he is training it similar with his 3Lz entry or not? I did not remember well. But if so, lol that is quite... something. Seriously not even everyone can land 3Lz with his entry hahahaha

Ahhh I feel complete now that you're here and I can rest! You forgot the downgraded half Loop in our pledge, it's distressed now, poor thing, so let me add it, in the downgraded 1Lo too :)

And ... do you really think he's not going to do something crazy if he decides to include it? I am not sure he's physically capable of having a 'simple' entry. His brain would just go lol no and refuse to function. And watch the exit be into a s-e. But I just have the feeling the 4Lz itself will come along just fine. It's not like he's starting with it now.

Yeah, at 0.26 on this video you see him going into the 4Lz. Seems like the same entry as his 3Lz in the FS, with very short setup.

Ahhh I feel complete now that you're here and I can rest! You forgot the downgraded half Loop in our pledge, it's distressed now, poor thing, so let me add it, in the downgraded 1Lo too :)

And ... do you really think he's not going to do something crazy if he decides to include it? I am not sure he's physically capable of having a 'simple' entry. His brain would just go lol no and refuse to function. And watch the exit be into a s-e. But I just have the feeling the 4Lz itself will come along just fine. It's not like he's starting with it now.

Lol what am I to do without you and our forever lamenting at that combo :rofl:

I don't know what to feel about that jump tbh. From that one video we saw it seems like it is still a long progress. But then again many other skaters manage to get them just by grinding it over and over (nathan, vincent etc I heard dima had it too? and daniel?) Then again I am not sure that is the road he wants to take at the olympic year, he seems to be very clear about how he wants to stay healthy (and boy how glad I am that it is his main priority now).

What do you think of SP layout like this : 4Lo /// 4S3T 3A or 4Lo3T/// 4S 3A

the first one is not much change just moving the combo in the second half. The second is more change but less risk of getting the +Combo. I think he should do his combo first because I get stressed otherwise lol.

Yeah, at 0.26 on this video you see him going into the 4Lz. Seems like the same entry as his 3Lz in the FS, with very short setup.

All I want to say to this is... LOL YUZU PLS

4Lz height was excellent and the air position quite good though. It could also be the nerves of doing it in public for the first time, knowing all attention is on him and that he had failed 8 times prior. XD I think he's farther along than he looked.

4Lz height was excellent and the air position quite good though. It could also be the nerves of doing it in public for the first time, knowing all attention is on him and that he had failed 8 times prior. XD I think he's farther along than he looked.

Lol considering the entry that is quite good. :p

It still makes me cry for his knees when he land it like that though. But he will be a skating hermit in Toronto for a while and who knows what he is up to. :crazy: