Sorry, if this has been discussed before, but I'm curious: why did Yuzu get level 3 for the Seimei step sequence? (Or rather why do you think, because I don't think those calls get justified somewhere?) Wasn't that an issue with Seimei 1.0 as well?

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

Sorry, if this has been discussed before, but I'm curious: why did Yuzu get level 3 for the Seimei step sequence? (Or rather why do you think, because I don't think those calls get justified somewhere?) Wasn't that an issue with Seimei 1.0 as well?

http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/166694122764/anonymous-said-hello-i-was-just-wondering-do 

;)

Apparently he has this bad habit of letting himself be carried away by the music a bit too much to bother about doing those darn steps right :13877886:sorry zuzu I know you have gorgeous steps, it's what makes the whole thing more kuyashii...well, for you too, I'm sure:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

Likely it's only a matter of timing/music, really, because we know he's (almost) never had issues executing lv4 in LGC and that was one breakneck speed StSq (and Chopin's too... tho he did have his troubles with Chopin 2.0 too:13877886:)

11 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Well maybe with the time she spent just skating and no jumping he was refining that stuff more. 

silver lining :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

btw iirc this season there were a couple StSq lv3 even for Shoma, one Patrick too :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

We have to remember also that this year some rules changed also for StSq. I can remember at least this:

"4) Two different combinations of 3 difficult turns on different feet executed with a clear rhythm within the sequence. Only the first combination attempted on each foot can be counted."

Shoma in the FS/LP has the StSq less rich in difficult turns and steps than the others top men, just the amount necessary for StSq Lv4 (that is 11): so if he miss or if he does one of them not so well - like in the example of realmonster for Yuzuru - is easy to get a Lv3 (for the FS he had Lv3 through all the GP serie and Lv4 at WTT, Lombardia and Nats).

Just for fun I started new countings, this time related to ice coverage and speed of the top men in their FS/LP. 

As trial I counted for now just the ice coverage and the speed of the transitions made in diagonal or in serpetine before the jumps in Yuzu's and Nathan's programs at CoR (At SA, GPF and Nats Nathan seemed slower to me). If I am right these are the first results.

Y. Hanyu --> TR ice coverage around 346 m; speed 5.18 m/s = 18.64 Km/h

N. Chen --> TR ice coverage around 324 m; speed 4.68 m/s = 16.84 Km/h

Nice, knowing also the difference in difficulty in their tranistions...Now I am curious to check also the others. Do you have any data about this?

On 1/15/2018 at 2:46 PM, LadyLou said:

silver lining :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

btw iirc this season there were a couple StSq lv3 even for Shoma, one Patrick too :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Shoma actually got lv2 at Nationals, and Javi got lv3 at Europeans yesterday :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: In Shoma's case it was entirely justified, he really messed it up. I don't know why, though. Shoma's not exactly known for his footwork, but that day it was especially bad. In Javi's case it's a harder to tell, but it did look a bit sloppier than usual.

Some statistics on Shoma and Yuzu... I've seen some doubt the accuracy of the numbers, can someone help with that? According to the numbers given here, it seems to me that the height and size of Yuzu's jumps are a lot smaller than I thought. I know Yuzu doesn't have the biggest or highest jumps, but I never thought that his jumps are smaller than Shoma's?

27 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

Some statistics on Shoma and Yuzu... I've seen some doubt the accuracy of the numbers, can someone help with that? According to the numbers given here, it seems to me that the height and size of Yuzu's jumps are a lot smaller than I thought. I know Yuzu doesn't have the biggest or highest jumps, but I never thought that his jumps are smaller than Shoma's?

They're not. I can't understand the article anyway but they're definitely not smaller on average. May be Shoma's best 4Lo is higher than an average of Yuzu's, though. Are they comparing 4Los or quads in general?

Edit: Apparently data is from a Chukyo professor so... err... And I didn't even notice they actually say Yuzu's jumps are 48cm in height. Maybe his 3Lz on a bad day......

34 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

48 cm???? Yuzuru's 3Lz is at least 50+, 48 cm on a f*cking quad don't make me laugh.

29 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

I see that other side of JPN media that likes to talk badly about Yuzu has emerged (I forgot about them). There was a Russian article about jump analysis of the top men (mostly focusing on height and rotation though because this was Mishin's method... would love to have an analysis with distance as well..). And if you check the article, while Yuzu's jumps aren't always on top, he is on average within the top 10... /I won't comment on Shoma just read the article/ https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/ternovblogfk/1442944.html