39 minutes ago, itiahs said:

Made a slomo 4Lz comparison of these two from similar angles.

It is interesting that Yuzuru's last rotation is on the air longer. But maybe different videos have different frame rates. Hopefully, they will both jump perfect 4lz in one competition soon so we can have a better comparison. 

30 minutes ago, Sweetyuzupon said:

China ISU judge commented about Shoma Uno's program.

not surprised, China in general holds Yuzuru's skating as the standard for men's. And I suspect for ladies it is Mao. Of course, if you want to drag politics into it, there is no way for Boyang to compete with Yuzu, but he can against Shoma. 

15 minutes ago, Xen said:

not surprised, China in general holds Yuzuru's skating as the standard for men's. And I suspect for ladies it is Mao. Of course, if you want to drag politics into it, there is no way for Boyang to compete with Yuzu, but he can against Shoma. 

Huang as commentator of CCTV for Skate Canada that Hanyu and Boyang didn't compete in. I don't think something about politics. I agree you Yuzuru's skating as the standard for men's. :clap:

2 hours ago, Sweetyuzupon said:

Huang as commentator of CCTV for Skate Canada that Hanyu and Boyang didn't compete in. I don't think something about politics. I agree you Yuzuru's skating as the standard for men's. :clap:

China, I  think tends to hold yuzu, patrick as the standards, then javi, shoma and nate at roughly a same but lower level.  At least this is the impression I get from rinkmates and their various wechat groups. 

3 hours ago, Xen said:

China, I  think tends to hold yuzu, patrick as the standards, then javi, shoma and nate at roughly a same but lower level.  At least this is the impression I get from rinkmates and their various wechat groups. 

I think not only in China but also Planet Hanyu.:knc_brian1:

45 minutes ago, xeyra said:

The thing about Mikhail's 4Lz is that when everything aligns he has so much height he can check out with a lot of control to land it cleanly (when he lands it). If you notice, he seems to open rotation before he lands (so his knee bend is a bit less than Yuzu's who checks out a bit lower). He gives the feeling he could tack another rotation there. Almost. :laughing:

The first moment after the 4Lz I thought it was a triple bc he opened so early... then I realized it must have been a quad bc of that height

Well otoh Yuzu's 4Lz has a delay

On 11/3/2017 at 4:06 AM, Sweetyuzupon said:

I think not only in China but also Planet Hanyu.:knc_brian1:

Not this Planet Hanyu gal. As much as I appreciate Patrick's skating skills, I find his artistry/musicality to be lacking compared to many other skaters. What he does well he does very well but his range seems very limited to me. He should ask Eric Radford to compose all his music for him because Eric knows how to showcase his amazing skating skills.

20 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

Not this Planet Hanyu gal. As much as I appreciate Patrick's skating skills, I find his artistry/musicality to be lacking compared to many other skaters. What he does well he does very well but his range seems very limited to me. He should ask Eric Radford to compose all his music for him because Eric knows how to showcase his amazing skating skills.

Actually, Yuzu is still slightly ranked above Patrick as a whole in China, what I meant was that Patrick's skating skills, and specifically his edge control, is generally considered textbook in China, so it is used as a standard there. So in that sense, Patrick is the technical textbook standard after Yuzu. After Patrick and Yuzu, the other guys are kind of tied in a weird mess. In so far as artistry goes, I think Yuzu does tend to be ranked first among the men's field, but every position below that is a giant tie - though I'm tempted to say Jason and even Adam Rippon are placed higher than Shoma and Nate.

23 minutes ago, Xen said:

Actually, Yuzu is still slightly ranked above Patrick as a whole in China, what I meant was that Patrick's skating skills, and specifically his edge control, is generally considered textbook in China, so it is used as a standard there. So in that sense, Patrick is the technical textbook standard after Yuzu. After Patrick and Yuzu, the other guys are kind of tied in a weird mess. In so far as artistry goes, I think Yuzu does tend to be ranked first among the men's field, but every position below that is a giant tie - though I'm tempted to say Jason and even Adam Rippon are placed higher than Shoma and Nate.

Also, more love for Han Yan. The other day, Max was saying how the Italian judge gave him 9 in Skating Skills, which he appreciated. 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Also, more love for Han Yan. The other day, Max was saying how the Italian judge gave him 9 in Skating Skills, which he appreciated. 

Yeah, China hasn't had that many artistic male skaters, so PCS is suffering across the board. It took Chinese pairs a long time, and thanks to Zhao and Shen, Pang and Tong, finally climb out of the idea that Chinese skaters lack artistry. I'm hoping the men's take a shorter duration to jump out of that giant stereotype hole, especially since there is better training now and more emphasis on the art aspect, but it may seriously take till 2022 to go anywhere, while Boyang and Han Yan and any other new guys have their work cut out for them on choreography/artistry/PCS, probably need to go well above and beyond to get any candy.