3 hours ago, Lunna said:

Nate seems to be quite down-to-earth guy... and I wonder how he feels when it's so obvious who gets more cheers from the public despite not getting the gold (this time)... Of course cheers for Yuzu are always loud but during GPF or Worlds the difference wasn't THAT drastic to me

2 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

I still remember the end of the men's practice last Saturday. Yuzu started his bows just three seconds before Nathan ended his ones and the difference in the level of cheers was simply dramatic. Maybe I'm imagining things a bit, but for me it looked like Nathan just gave up his bows that moment and left the ice. Even if I'm not correct, sure, the situation should to be a bit unpleasant for him. But, frankly, in any case, if we compare the level of ovations, sorry Nathan, but between mens, the second seems to be Misha Ge)

In addition, I think, there were not so many American fans in Moscow (except some Japanese with American flags). But Nathan still has home grand prix to give justice to him. 

Even cameraman didn't really focus on him that much. I am a little bit sorry for Nathan but I can't help but wonder what would Yuzu do in this situation.  And I just happened to see this on tumblr:
http://yuzuruspoohsan.tumblr.com/post/166787493082/source-in-this-interview-with-shuzo-matsuoka. So Yuzu would probably jump some crazy combos or his 3a sequences during gala and be like "BAM! Look at me! I am the winner!".  Nathan should just roll in those gold streamers to show that he won gold. Or he should skate in that polar bear onesie he promised to some time ago. Then I am sure he would get more screentime and attention. 

3 hours ago, Yoa said:

Even cameraman didn't really focus on him that much. I am a little bit sorry for Nathan but I can't help but wonder what would Yuzu do in this situation.  And I just happened to see this on tumblr:
http://yuzuruspoohsan.tumblr.com/post/166787493082/source-in-this-interview-with-shuzo-matsuoka. So Yuzu would probably jump some crazy combos or his 3a sequences during gala and be like "BAM! Look at me! I am the winner!".  Nathan should just roll in those gold streamers to show that he won gold. Or he should skate in that polar bear onesie he promised to some time ago. Then I am sure he would get more screentime and attention. 

Nathan will get more and more fans. If he does not r***** after Olympics, his fan base will grow fast :) (Hope he won't:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

Every young skater goes through same thing when they are young.

I discovered some good Nathan banners in CoR!! I am sure Nathan appreciated all those fans' love like Yuzu did many years ago when most of the fans came to see others. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

And yes! please do the polar bear onesie!!!!

Last season I did a comparative table of the men's GOE/PCS averages and I'm doing the same this year, only this time during the season instead of at the end. I still need to create a jump section and tighten up some other tabs that I had in the previous google sheet, so they're hidden for now, but so far this is the data available. I have also added Kolyada and Zhou in.

AVERAGE GOE/PCS OF THE TOP MEN 2017-2018

Although 'official' averages will only account for official ISU competitions (Challengers, GPs, Championships and Olympics), I have added an extra table to Shoma, Nathan and Javi's sections for some averages that include their JO FS. 

Check back here after each competition for updated averages.

Adding to the above analysis. At this point, as you can see, Yuzu's less than stellar ACI FS has lowered his averages quite a lot, especially in terms of BV. Surprisingly, though, his Rostelecom FS, despite the low BV with 2 pops, a missed combo and the darned 4S landing, garnered almost as much GOE as Shoma's FS at Lombardia. So did Nathan's FS at US Classic, actually!

If you count JO, Javi seems to be in an upward trend in his FS. Nathan also has an upward trend if you count both his official competitions (he's also increasing his BV with each competition), though slightly less so if you count JO. Shoma didn't do so well at JO but if you only count his one Challenger, he's definitely winning the race at the moment. :laughing: 

Patrick and Shoma will be competing this week at SC so we shall see how they'll do! 

4 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Do we know what layouts the men are going for at SC? I think I read somewhere that Patrick is dropping the 4S, if that is true then Shoma is going in with a big advantage.

Patrick will probably do the same layouts he did in 2015-2016 (1 4T in the SP, 2x 4T and 2x 3A in the FS). Shoma will also drop the 4S and do a 3Lo, I believe, instead of it. Shoma is going with a BV advantage, though, since he'll still be doing 4 quads (4Lo // 4F 2x 4T) and Patrick might need to be very clean in both programs, since Shoma's BV allows him for a bit of a mistake cushion.  

Just now, xeyra said:

Patrick will probably do the same layouts he did in 2015-2016 (1 4T in the SP, 2x 4T and 2x 3A in the FS). Shoma will also drop the 4S and do a 3Lo, I believe, instead of it. Shoma is going with a BV advantage, though, since he'll still be doing 4 quads (4Lo // 4F 2x4T) and Patrick might need to be very clean in both programs, since Shoma's BV allows him for a bit of a mistake cushion.  

is there some 4S allergy inflicting the men or something :laughing:

I thought that Shoma was going for 5 quads, any idea why he is dropping it?

2 minutes ago, Neenah said:

He said before leaving for Canada a week ago that he was going to replace the 4S for a 3Lo without explanation, I think. I thought he was just going safe because it's Canada and he wants to be clean (and 4S might be an unstable element at this point) but I saw on twitter that the BV reduction may also be related to new boots. If Shoma is removing the 4S, then he'll be doing 4 quads instead of 5 (so he can keep his 2x 3As). Still a big BV advantage over Patrick, especially combined with 2 quads in the SP. 

7 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Because he doesn't need it to win against PC if he goes clean which is his goal for SC afaik

If anyone's interested, I posted this at the predictions thread but I'm bringing it here too. I made a Ladies BV and SB table. I've updated it since the version I posted earlier, adding Anna Pogo, because stupidly I didn't add her before, as well as updated Marin's SP BV to the one she attempted at practice in SC. I will update it as necessary. 

13 minutes ago, xeyra said:

If anyone's interested, I posted this at the predictions thread but I'm bringing it here too. I made a Ladies BV and SB table. I've updated it since the version I posted earlier, adding Anna Pogo, because stupidly I didn't add her before, as well as updated Marin's SP BV to the one she attempted at practice in SC. I will update it as necessary. 

It gives me a permission error.

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Sorry! I updated the link. Should work now. 

There is this analysis video of a guy in Sweeden. He has calculated a lot of numbers regarding Yuzuru here in this video:

So apparently, Yuzuru has reduced his number of crossovers: 28 crossovers in the free skate compared to other guys who do 36 crossovers in general. Yuzuru does 53 rotation by skating, compared to the number of 40 that most other male skaters do. Yuzuru's ice coverage was 705 m in his free skate, while most guys are 620m. And this is just the number of the early season. As Yuzuru at his great condition in GPF 2015 did travel up to 720m.

For your reference, I talked with the guy and he said, in the free skate Shoma Uno does 44 crossovers (as he counted them all). 

4 minutes ago, meoima said:

There is this analysis video of a guy in Sweeden. He has calculated a lot of numbers regarding Yuzuru here in this video:

So apparently, Yuzuru has reduced his number of crossovers: 28 crossovers in the free skate compared to other guys who do 36 crossovers in general. Yuzuru does 53 rotation by skating, compared to the number of 40 that most other male skaters do. Yuzuru's ice coverage was 705 m in his free skate, while most guys are 620m. And this is just the number of the early season. As Yuzuru at his great condition in GPF 2015 did travel up to 720m.

For your reference, I talked with the guy and he said, in the free skate Shoma Uno does 44 crossovers (as he counted them all). 

This is an interesting analysis. I wonder if the reduced crossovers (which I guess is very visible in the second half with how packed the elements are together) is what's making those two 4Ts more difficult to land right now. I'm sure he'll get them done. He already managed to only pop 1 instead of both at Rostelecom AND hit the 3As. :biggrin: 

I'm confused about what he means by revolutions by spinning and why a lower number is better? As well as what rotations by skating means here. 

16 minutes ago, xeyra said:

This is an interesting analysis. I wonder if the reduced crossovers (which I guess is very visible in the second half with how packed the elements are together) is what's making those two 4Ts more difficult to land right now. I'm sure he'll get them done. He already managed to only pop 1 instead of both at Rostelecom AND hit the 3As. :biggrin: 

I'm confused about what he means by revolutions by spinning and why a lower number is better? As well as what rotations by skating means here. 

I do not think he says lower revolutions by spinning is better, it just means that Yuzuru can hit the level of the spin faster than others (or that Yuzuru feels he hits the level enough). And it varies, for example, I think Javi does more spin revolutions to ensure that he gets the level done.

And rotations by skating means the total number of times Yuzuru turns his body or simple, the number of times he uses "turns and steps".