Tips for not dying in winter

SparkleSalad

13 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

It's beautiful tho in the winter, when you wait for the Christmas time to have a little cold and snow ... not -14, but I like when it snows ... 

yeah not the rainy cold thing it is at around 6°C. around -5°C and a crisp sunny wintermorning after a snowy night... it's magical

edit: but then again I also love summer

15 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yup, it increases your blood volume which increases BP but in order to retain it you have to eat a lot of salt, too. My day is just drinking sports drinks and drenching food in soy sauce and salt. I also take medicine to constrict my blood vessels. I have a pretty extreme case, though, so I don'tbknow how much of this to recommend.

I can't handle heat or hot drinks/hot soupy food without energy going splat. The energy you get from the cold would be your BP rising.

ETA Also, wearing compression clothing or just tight undergarments helps, too.

Wow, this is interesting. I hope it doesn't bother you too much.. 

I never got diagnosed with anything (because I avoid doctors as much as possible lol) but I often end up feeling very meh with my generally low BP...

Mmmm now I have soy sauce cravings :laughing:

To not be completely off-topic I can add that winter is really quite lovely when it's not windy. If it's windy - it's hell and you'll hate your life :laughing:

1 minute ago, Smultron said:

Wow, this is interesting. I hope it doesn't bother you too much.. 

I never got diagnosed with anything (because I avoid doctors as much as possible lol) but I often end up feeling very meh with my generally low BP...

Mmmm now I have soy sauce cravings :laughing:

To not be completely off-topic I can add that winter is really quite lovely when it's not windy. If it's windy - it's hell and you'll hate your life :laughing:

Feel free to PM me with any questions if you like. :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg: It can be a huge problem but everyone is so focused on high BP that they don't know how serious low BP can be.

3 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

hehe, do like Yuzu does, guys!

head not big enough 

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

haha, you dont like the snow?

I like snow in theory to look at from inside my home while sipping some hot cocoa or something (or to go skiing) but I do not enjoy actual snow when I have to leave my home especially as it tends to turn into dirty mush real quick most of the time here

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yup, it increases your blood volume which increases BP but in order to retain it you have to eat a lot of salt, too. My day is just drinking sports drinks and drenching food in soy sauce and salt. I also take medicine to constrict my blood vessels. I have a pretty extreme case, though, so I don'tbknow how much of this to recommend.

I can't handle heat or hot drinks/hot soupy food without energy going splat. The energy you get from the cold would be your BP rising.

ETA Also, wearing compression clothing or just tight undergarments helps, too.

Oh now I'm curious: how low of a BP are we talking about?

I just did the conversion...-14 C is 6.8 F. That's nothing you pansies!! jk

as for tips hmm...

if you're traveling, layers! this way, you can shed layers for different temperatures, indoors vs. outdoors, and it'll be easier to pack that way. for example, you can layer thermal tights inside your pants which really helps.

boots with thick socks...

try to travel light because a rolling suitcase will probably be annoying (can't put your hands in your pockets...or you can wear gloves i guess).

jacket with hood too and buttons on the hood so it doesn't blow off your head all the time!

if it gets sloshy or icy, shoes without heels or shoes with grips...don't want to be doing a skating routine on the sidewalk