Of Seers & Cassandras lost in space – prophesize the GP series!

Startled to find my mix of personal favourites, sentimental picks and the obvious bookies picks put me so high up the list - but then it has been the weirdest GP series.  Thanks @Joey for organising it and well done to the winners.

Regarding the National prediction game... given that there are a lot more competitors then in the GPs, I'd like to change the format. Having 3 questions with 30 choices to pick from each for gold, silver & bronze seems kind of... needlessly complicated and long "xD So I'd rather list the entries and everyone has to list their own top choices. Personally, I think top 6 makes sense given the huge number of competitors - everyone fine with that? Or rather just top 3? I'd keep the bonus question like they were in the GP game.

Given that change up there, do you want to keep the prediction game on that external side, or do you want to switch to posting your predictions in a thread here? Both is fine with me (I'd just post the bonus question together with the list of entries here as well then).

Also, looking through the schedule, I'd like to keep it to the 4 biggest nationals: Japanese, Russian, US & Canada. Everything is so close together because of the Olympics this season that I don't think I'd get to handle more then those ^^" And regarding Japanese nationals - do you want to guess the men too, or would you all rather leave that discipline out?

2 minutes ago, Joey said:

Regarding the National prediction game... given that there are a lot more competitors then in the GPs, I'd like to change the format. Having 3 questions with 30 choices to pick from each for gold, silver & bronze seems kind of... needlessly complicated and long "xD So I'd rather list the entries and everyone has to list their own top choices. Personally, I think top 6 makes sense given the huge number of competitors - everyone fine with that? Or rather just top 3? I'd keep the bonus question like they were in the GP game.

Given that change up there, do you want to keep the prediction game on that external side, or do you want to switch to posting your predictions in a thread here? Both is fine with me (I'd just post the bonus question together with the list of entries here as well then).

Also, looking through the schedule, I'd like to keep it to the 4 biggest nationals: Japanese, Russian, US & Canada. Everything is so close together because of the Olympics this season that I don't think I'd get to handle more then those ^^" And regarding Japanese nationals - do you want to guess the men too, or would you all rather leave that discipline out?

Well, I'd go for men too with Japanese Nationals - doesn't change a thing now. :( 

no lists of competitors for Russian nationals yet - though they did promise them today. 

And yeah, I'd say that top six competitors should be enough. But we can shorten it to top three, if it should feel too unwieldy. 

46 minutes ago, Joey said:

All 4 of those sounds fab! (and yes, men too for the JNats) :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Personally I'd say top 3, apart from perhaps J & R ladies and USA men as an exception for 6?

Oh @Fay thanks for saving me the trouble of checking. Tbh though, the planned content has a deadline on Friday so I kind of didn't expect anything prior to that anyway. Maybe they'll grace us with the numbers tomorrow, as a treat, a whole day early.

1 hour ago, Joey said:

Top 3 would be best for me, I think it would be too much if we go for more

And I don't know most of the skaters in those competitions anyway :smiley-ashamed005:

@Joey @Yatagarasu we have the lists for participants - shall I get them translated? 

http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1718/rusnat1718_training_groups.pdf

Zhenya is there... 

ok, here's the roster: 

Men: 

First group: Artem Lezheev, Andrei Lazukin, Mikhail Kolyada, Anton Shulepov, Dmitri Aliev, Makar Ignatov

Second group: Alexei Erokhov, Vladimir Samoilov, Roman Savosin, Andrei Zuber, Alexander Petrov, Artur Dmitriev

Third group: Egor Murashov, Konstantin Milyukov, Alexander Samarin, Maxim Kovtun, Sergei Voronov, Murad Kurbanov 

Pairs:

First group: Poluyanova/Sopot, Lukashevich/Stepanov, Lyireva/Selkin, Panfilova/Rylov

Second group: Mishina/Gallyamov, Zabiyako/Enbert, Stolbova/Klimov, Tarasova/Morozov

Third group: Efimova/Korovin, Boikova/Kozlovsky, Astakhova/Rogonov, Pavlyuchenko/Khodykin

Dancers: 

First group: Evdokimova/Bazin, Bobrova/Solovyev, Stepanova/Bukin, Sinitsyna/Katsalapov 

Second group: Popova/Mozgov, Morozov/Bagin, Loboda/Drozd, Solovyeva/Vlasenko

Third group: Luchina/Bragin, Sosnitskaya/Golovishnikov, Zagorski/Gureiro, Safronova/Zimin, Shestakova/Ugryumov

Ladies: 

First group: Lidia Yakovleva, Maria Sotskova, Elena Radionova, Valeria Mikhailova, Anna Tarusina, Anastasia Gulyakova

Second group: Alena Leonova, Serafima Sakhanovich, Alisa Fedichkina, Stanislava Konstantinova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Sofia Samodurova

Third group: Anastasia Gubanova, Alena Kostornaya, Evgenia Medvedeva, Darya Panenkova, Alina Zagitova, Polina Tsurskaya 

Thank you very much Fay! :thanks:

Then I'll get the Russian & Japanese rounds started over the weekend ^^ And to summerize: I'll list the participants and ask you to list your top 3. Because of possible WDs, I'll add a 2nd question asking for 2 substitutes (so basically 4th & 5th), in case one or even two of your top 3 WDs, those will "move up". Bnus question will still be there too. And if noone screams "NO" withint the next days, then the game will stay on the flexiquiz site and you'll get links as before :smile:

Hey everyone - here comes the first round of the nationals prediction game, Russian nationals:

https://www.flexiquiz.com/SC/N/5d2e9955-ab76-4154-842f-9f3a2336b725

As said before, now you have to fill in the names yourself (or just copy form the list, you know :biggrin: ). Scoring stays similar to the GP, except one thing: I'd like to raise the points for getting someone right in the top 3 from 1 to 2 points, given that we have a higher number of skaters then in the GP, so I think it's more appropriate to give a bit more points for getting a name in the top 3 right at all. Have fun and good luck!

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Choosing substitutes for men and pairs is... quite entertaining. 

Another round of guessing game completed! 

I'll be honest, I took my dance and pairs guesses straight from last years results :headdesk:
I'm putting Medvedeva behind Zagitova as of now because of the injury and lack of training etc. but I hope she WDs or makes it work because it'd be kind of sad to have her streak end right before Olys