Of Seers & Cassandras lost in space – prophesize the GP series!

Closing out the "general" GP predictions, results for Skate America are here!

We actually did a bit better then at IdF again, so congrats everyone! ;)

Winners of the SA round with 28 points are Hannah, Kizuna & SallyCinnamon. Close 2nd goes to YuzuPon & Neenah with 27, followed by Sayu93 with 26 points in 3rd.

Sally won the men's with 13 points; Kaeryth the ladies with 8; golden, Hannah, YuzuPon & YT Pairs with 9; and Kizuna & Nennah Dance with our only perfect scores, 14 points. Congrats! :party2:

As for the bonus questions & answers:

How many clean 3A will we see in the Mens SP? It were only 5 (hopefully Yuzu didn't see that!), so the right answer is 3 - 5. (Since the question had 5 possible answer, right answer gave you 3 points. Being 'one off' still got you one point)

Will all the US ladies place in the top 6? No, Karen finished 8th.

Will D/R & S/M have the highest TES overall? No, Y/Z did.

Will the top5 after the SD be the same as the overall top 5? No, they were not.

Going over to the overall standing after the 6 GPs, this time everyone included so you see where you are going into the final:

1. Yatagarasu - 173

2. Joey - 170

3. Sally Cinnamon - 169

4. Kelly - 167

5 ralucutzagy - 164

6. kitsune - 161

7. Xeyra - 158

8. golden - 157

9. Moni - 156

10. Lily Ng - 155

11. Hannah, YuzuPon - 148

12. Crazykuroneko, Fayruza, Sombreuil, Neenah - 147

13. Kaeryth - 145

14. Lil Sailor - 140

15. Sayu93, YT - 139

16. Oh Yuzu - 137

17. Singcarcom - 135

18. Kizuna - 134

19. Smultron - 129

20. novana - 121

21. LadyLou - 116

22. nuitsuki, Xen - 105

23. PapiandPooh421 - 72

24. freeyafan - 53

25. Murieleirum - 46

26. Yaminoqueen - 36

27. layli gilpatrick - 33

28. Altie - 32

29 mafura Ra - 31

30 Moria Polonius - 29

31 Saya - 29

32. norwhite Zhao - 25

33 GinaBright - 24

34 sublimeskating, kaerb - 22

35. Aoto Shiro - 17

36. Syless Jinx - 15

37. Maja Hled - 13

38. axelnojutsu - 11

39. robin - 7

It's so close in so many places! Top 10s for the single disciplines in spoiler tag, to make the post not too long:

Spoiler

Men:

1. Sayu93 - 35

2. Lil Sailor - 34

3. Oh Yuzu - 30

4. Fayruza - 29

5. Hannah, Sally Cinnamon - 28

6. Kelly, YuzuPon - 27

7. Sombreuil, ralucutzagy, Singcarcom - 26

8. Kaeryth, kitsune, Lily, Monidi - 24

9. Neenah, Xeyra - 23

10. Kizuna - 22

Ladies:

1. Yatagarasu - 43

2. Singcarcom - 42

3. Joey - 39

4. Kelly, Sally Cinnamon - 38

5. kitsune - 36

6. Xeyra - 34

7. ralucutzagy - 33

8. Monidi - 32

9. Lily - 31

10. Fayruza, Kaeryth, Sombreuil, Smultron - 30

Pairs:

1. Crazykuroneko - 57

2. ralucutzagy - 55

3. Joey - 54

4. kitsune - 53

5. YuzuPon - 51

6. Kelly - 50

7. Oh Yuzu - 48

8. Moni, Sally Cinnamon - 47

9. Yatagarasu, Smultron - 45

10. golden, YT - 44

Ice Dance:

1. golden - 66

2. Yatagarasu - 64

3. Neenah - 61

4. Joey, Lily - 60

5. Xeyra - 58

6. Sally Cinnamon - 56

7. Kaeryth - 54

8. Fayruza, Monidi - 53

9. Kelly - 52

10. Sombreuil, ralucutzagy - 50

Anyone better in the disciplines she/he watches the least then her/his favorite ones? Would look that way, given that Pairs and Dance gave us more points then Men & Ladies. Even the points to get into the top 10 at all in those disciplines are higher then the top spot ones from the single disciplines :laughing:

Some more random stuff:

The event we did best in overall is Skate Canada, Internationaux de France was the worst one. As for the single disciplines, the lowest average we ever had was in the SA ladies event, with only 2.43 points from 14. Next lowest being Men in IdF (3.65), Men in SC (4), Ladies in IdF (4.07) and Men in CoC (4.25). The best one was Ice Dance in SC - by far! - with an average of 12.62. Next 2 highest are in Ice Dance too, at CoC (9.87) and NHK (9.14). Guess the trends are very obvious :biggrin:

I will post the questions for the GPF next weekend. Since it's the last round and the ~grand finale~ (even though it doesn't feel that way I guess ^^"), I'd like to raise the stakes a bit: first, guessing all the placements, not just the top 3. It's only 6 participants anyway, so you'd basically have to answer 3 more questions with who is 4th, 5th & 6th. The point system for the podium would be the same, you'd get 2 points for guessing the 3 lower placements right. I'd also like to include more bonus questions (though at this point there will be some repetitions from earlier GPs coming in, because I'm running out of ideas :PikachuLayingDown:), maybe 3 per discipline instead of only one. I'd keep the points the same though instead of applying a factor, like GPF points count double.

Everybody fine with that, or do you want something else? If not, speak now or forever hold your peace :biggrin:

LOL, I screwed up the most in Pairs and then my favorite discipline (Men) and moderately so in Ladies. My best results were in Ice Dance, which I don't even really follow. Also, I have managed to not hit a single podium in any discipline correctly. What even... 

Looking at it properly I did better in ID than pairs and I didnt watch them much before this season- but I suppose there's less opportunity for the top teams to really bomb in ID compared to singles/pairs so it's not quite such a gamble?  All the talk of jinxing did make me think a few times but I'm not really superstitious, just susceptible to atmosphere, so I just started to do my predictions before reading anything!  Surprised to be at no.12.

19 hours ago, Joey said:

Winners of the SA round with 28 points are Hannah, Kizuna & SallyCinnamon.

I.. I'm first? :knc_yuzu1: I'm first? :knc_yuzu2:

Also won the Ice Dance with perfect score :darklordyuzu: Talk about discipline I watch the least.

Well, at least I managed top 10 overall for the Men's, definitely the discipline I watch the most :P