Of Seers & Cassandras lost in space – prophesize the GP series!

1 hour ago, Xen said:

The mens field is the odd one, the other ones are still all in the realm of predictable.

I think even with other fields being more predictable, I haven't actually predicted a podium in any discipline correctly yet since this began. :facepalm:

I predicted Kaetlyn for gold because I trust judges and their PCS :P (judges I'm rooting for you! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:Aren't you happy? Or maybe it's my evil secret plan to jinx the whole panel :tumblr_inline_np9uqfin9j1qid2nw_75sq:).

Of course I hope Kaetlyn can have two clean skates and deserve all her scores (it would be interesing to see how close to Evgenia's scores she can get). But I'd forgive Mai if she screws up my prediction by running away with gold :acceptable:

Predicting silver and bronze for pairs and ID was harder than I though. And bronze for men too. As for gold and silver, Shoma is pretty un-jinxable (is that even a word?) and I've already jinxed Javi once, so...:smiley-scared003::smiley-scared008:

@Joey could we have the answers to the extra questions, too? Because most of the time I forget what they were about and I'd like to know the answers (and I've missed those about nhk, I'm curious :laughing:

If I've missed them in your previous posts please ignore me and my dumbness :smiley-scared005:

5 hours ago, LadyLou said:

@Joey could we have the answers to the extra questions, too? Because most of the time I forget what they were about and I'd like to know the answers (and I've missed those about nhk, I'm curious :laughing:

If I've missed them in your previous posts please ignore me and my dumbness :smiley-scared005:

Ah sorry, I never remembered putting them in ^^"

NHK:

Ladies. Will Mirai get a rotated 3A? Yes, she did.

Pairs. Will we have at least one twist from any Pair with maximum GOE? No, we did not.

Dance. Will Kana & Chris manage top 5? No, they did not (:sad-smiley-046:)

CoC:

Men. Will the winner win both, SP & LP? No, Mika didn't, he won the SP, Max the LP.

Ladies. Will the winner stay without any call from the technical panel - !, e, < or <<? No, Alina didn't, she had a 3Lz<.

Pairs. How many of Sui/Hans elements will get at least a +2 on average from the judges (without factoring)? It was 13 from 19, IIRC, so the right answer was 12-15.

Dance. Will the Team winning the LP have both the highest TES & PCS? Yes, P/C did.

SC:

Men. Will we see a 300+ score? Yes, Shoma scored 301+.

Ladies. Which will be higher in the winning ladies LP, TES or PCS? Kaetlyn had higher PCS then TES.

Pairs. Will the winning team manage to have 0 falls in the whole competition? Yes, D/R stayed fall-free.

Dance. Will the winning team have maximum levels on all elements in at least one segment? Yes, V/M did in the SD.

CoR:

Men. Will we see the full set of clean quads? No, no clean 4Lo.

Ladies. How big will Evgenias winning margin be? It was 15+ points, so the 10-20 margin.

Pairs. Will there be synchronized side-by-side falls? No, there were not.

Dance. Will we get a podium with 3 different nationalities on it? No, we did not, Russia had 2 teams on it.

And btw, if you want to have the questions posted here I can also regularly post the new ones + answers. Also, playing around a bit with the flexiquiz side, if you want to see the questions there again, you can also register (with any nick) again and then just don't submit any answers. I can sort by "submitted or not", so these empty registrations wouldn't show up at the end. And again, if you don't remember what you answered anymore but want to know, write me, I can look it up and tell you :)

So, well, uhm.... how do I start this? Let's say we weren't all thaaaaaat successful this week... let's say our points look pretty much as if we were a Japanese ladies skater, judged by the ISU. But I guess that makes sense, because looking at that cursed GP, I think we're representing it perfectly? :goe:

Anyway, of course there are winners - and for the IdF prediction round, those are:

1. freeyafanfan - 30 points

2. Crazykuroneko, Fay, YuzuPon - 26 points

3. novana, SallyCinnamon - 25 points

As for the single disciplines: YuzuPon won the men, with 12 points, followed by Sayu93 & singcarcom with 9. In ladies, the highest point total was 7 points, by YT, novana and Sally. Pairs had exactly one perfect 14, by Crazykuroneko. She's followed by Murieleirum with 12. And in Dance, we have 1 perfect 14 again, by freeyafanfan - which is majorly responsible for her IdF win, given that the next highest point total achieved is 8, so quite the difference!

Congrats to all the winners here! :congratualtions:

As for the answers to the bonus question:

Men - will we have at least one medalist who didn't land any clean quad? Yes, we did, Misha (who was lovely!)

Ladies - will we see more calls for lutz or flip edges, or none/equal number? The answer is flip, since we had the amazing amount of... 1 call overall. It was a ! for Yunas 3F in the LP.

Pairs - will the 3rd podium Pair manage to beat J/C or T/M in at least one of SP or LP? No, they did not. T/M & J/C occupied the first 2 placements in both segments.

Dance - will P/C get a new WR? They did, in FD & overall.

Last part - the overall leaders so far after 5 out of 7 events.

Men: 1. Sayu93 (26 p), 2. LilSailor (25 p), 3. YuzuPon (22 p)

Ladies: 1. Yata (40 p), 2. Singcarcom (39 p), Joey (37 p)

Pairs: 1. Crazykuroneko (52 p), kitsune & ralucutzagy (48 p), Joey (47 p)

Dance: 1. golden & Yata (58 p), Lily (54 p), xeyra & Joey (52 p)

Overall, showing the leaders with 140+ so far:

1. Yata - 151 points

2. Joey - 148

3. kitsune - 143

4. Kelly - 142

5. ralucutzagy, Sally - 141

6. Xeyra - 140

And again, thank you everyone for participating. I'll probably get the SA round out on monday as usual:smiley-dance018:

13 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

:goe: :rofl:

This makes it worth getting that one wrong! 

(thank you Joey)

Yep, ehm... it holds a special place in my heart too :smiley-laughing021: