Of Seers & Cassandras lost in space – prophesize the GP series!

4 hours ago, Joey said:

Hey everyone - again sorry for the long delay, but results for the Japanese & Russian nationals prediction are finally finished.

Starting with RusNats, these are the overall winners: 1.) ralucutzagy - 40 p; 2.) kaeryth - 38 p; 3.) Kelly - 36 p.; 4.) crazykuroneko & xeyra - 34 points; 5.) Yata - 33 points. Sammie won the Men's event with 12 points, kaeryth & ralucutzagy & YT ladies with 12 too, and several posters got the full 14 points in Pairs (crazykuroneko, Kaeryth, Kelly, ralucutzagy, xeyra). In Dance, nobody got over 8 points, but half of our hobby Cassandras got that!

Looking at JNats, 1.) goes to Sombreuil with 42 p; then 2.) golden - 40 p; 3.) LadyLou - 39 p; 4.) moni - 37 p; 5.) singcarcom & YT - 35 p. Men turned out to be a "predictable" case for a change, with all of Kelly, LadyLou, moni, singcarcom & Sombreuil getting full points. Crazykuroneko & golden managed 14 in Dance. Ladies broke all our necks (and hearts I guess :cry:) because nearly everyone predicted a certain lady on the podium and Oly team... Waka kind of burned our predictions, and the highest anyone had was 8 points (golden & YT). Pairs is a bit special, and with 1 WDing, we were only left with 3 - therefor I didn't give bonus points for "getting all the names on the podium correct" because... well. Several posters, 10 in fact, managed to get the highest possible of 9 points.

Overall, our leaders so far are:

1.) ralucutzagy - 72 p

2.) Kaeryth & Sombreuil - 69 p

3.) LadyLou - 68 p

4.) Kelly & Yata - 67 p

5.) golden & xeyra - 66 p

As you can see, all pretty close together so far! ;) The numbers are in a new spreadsheet for the nationals game, here

Results for US nationals will follow tomorrow :)

:laughing: I just blindly picked. Maybe next time I would look into their ranks or something. Last place in this and in life. :13877886:

I forgot to do US predictions (would have failed miserably there anyway with the way things turned out) so my ranking in the Nationals games will go down. Am sad. There goes my mediocre 5th place. :laughing: 

I'll try to do Canadian Nationals, though.

And as promised, the 3rd round of results is up - US nationals! It wasn't exactly a good round overall, with especially Pairs being rather "eh, no", and Men and Ladies weren't all that glorious either "xD

Overall, golden won the event with 33 points, congrats! She's followed by kaeryth, moni & Yata with 30 points, and then crazykuroneko, LadyLou & me with 28.

Highest points achieved in men were 8, by crazykuroneko, moni, golden & me (and no, nobody predicted Ross to be on the podium. Absolutely nobody "xD); in ladies it's 8 as well by YT, followed by 7 posters with 7 points; and in Pairs it was Sammie who got the apparent new limit of 8 points, followed by LadyLou, golden & singcarcom with 7. Dance is the only outlier and saw a perfect score, since kaeryth got everything correct. Sombreuil got the podium correct too and has 12 points. Congrats! :)

Also, crazykuroneko pointed out a mistake in my scores for Russian nationals: I tricked myself and completely forgot that SinKats had to WD! So I forgot to check the substitutes there, I'm sorry for that. I went through the RusNats ID predictions again and corrected the points for everyone, so there was a bit of movement in the overall points as well ^^"

Updated list of overall standings with only one round to go:

1. crazykuroneko - 108

2. kaeryth - 106

3. ralucutzagy - 104

4. LadyLou - 102

5. Moni - 101

6. golden - 99

7. Kelly - 98

8. Yatagarasu - 97

9. Sombreuil - 94

10. Neenah 93

And also thanks everyone again for your well wishes, that is very sweet <3 recovery is going fine and I'm a lot better already :)

2 hours ago, Joey said:

And as promised, the 3rd round of results is up - US nationals! It wasn't exactly a good round overall, with especially Pairs being rather "eh, no", and Men and Ladies weren't all that glorious either "xD

Overall, golden won the event with 33 points, congrats! She's followed by kaeryth, moni & Yata with 30 points, and then crazykuroneko, LadyLou & me with 28.

Highest points achieved in men were 8, by crazykuroneko, moni, golden & me (and no, nobody predicted Ross to be on the podium. Absolutely nobody "xD); in ladies it's 8 as well by YT, followed by 7 posters with 7 points; and in Pairs it was Sammie who got the apparent new limit of 8 points, followed by LadyLou, golden & singcarcom with 7. Dance is the only outlier and saw a perfect score, since kaeryth got everything correct. Sombreuil got the podium correct too and has 12 points. Congrats! :)

Also, crazykuroneko pointed out a mistake in my scores for Russian nationals: I tricked myself and completely forgot that SinKats had to WD! So I forgot to check the substitutes there, I'm sorry for that. I went through the RusNats ID predictions again and corrected the points for everyone, so there was a bit of movement in the overall points as well ^^"

Updated list of overall standings with only one round to go:

1. crazykuroneko - 108

2. kaeryth - 106

3. ralucutzagy - 104

4. LadyLou - 102

5. Moni - 101

6. golden - 99

7. Kelly - 98

8. Yatagarasu - 97

9. Sombreuil - 94

10. Neenah 93

And also thanks everyone again for your well wishes, that is very sweet <3 recovery is going fine and I'm a lot better already :)

Not bad, it looks like my brilliant strategy of picking the names I recognize for the podium and pray they win actually worked :laughing:  

Thanks @Joey :thanks:  Glad to hear that you are feeling better and your recovery is going well :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

And to finish my recent prediction game spree - the final round of the nationals prediction game is up!

Clicky here~: https://www.flexiquiz.com/SC/N/123c0440-be32-4b46-800f-09f48dba0146

As always, have fun and good luck everyone! :fourleafclover:

Also, we are reeeeaaaally close to the first big ISU competitions, Europeans & 4CCs, and there basically won't be a break for all our fortune telling. Would everyone be fine with keeping the format from the nationals prediction game? Or do you want any changes - predicting more then top 3, more/no bonus questions, anything else? :smiley-dance018:

ohhhh thank you @Joey for doing all this hard work!

OMG I couldn't believe I was on podium after Rus + Jpn Nats, iirc it was my first overall podium :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: but then US Nats happened and I slipped out of overall podium again:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:  the Universe fixed its mistake:13877886: (Adam and Jason, Ashley, et tu, Shibs!)

Still, looks like ransacking ISU datas works quite well for me:tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:

and I still bring luck to the lady I place in 4th...I wonder, if I place Gabby 2nd, will she bomb? Should I place her in 4th so she gets silver? Of course I'm (half)kidding:animated-smileys-cheeky-041:

I will do my canadian predictions tomorrow, when I'll awake enough to go through the ISU rankings without them blurring before my sleepy eyes:smiley-greet023:

Thank you @Joey for everything. I can't believe I went from 10th in GP series to 1st in Nationals, our overlord has taught me how to come from behind well :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

For Championships, i think the format for Nats has been hard enough and a lot for you. So, I'll take anything really.

Now Canadian Nats, i thought it would be easy but the moment I start thinking about men's silver and bronze, I'm :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: