Spins

I've come across this old video with Nicole Hassler - and while most of her skating looks far too simple, though quite elegant, for us now, the speed of most of her spins is just mind-boggling. I wonder if our current top spinners can beat this. 

Nice seeing her skate to a Russian song too. 

Well, who is your favourite spinner among men or women, retired or still competing? 

Stephane Lambiel, obviously! I consider him one of the best spinners of all times! Here is a compilation of his spins. Fast, centered, great positions!

Lambiel, talking abt his spins ...

Satoko Miahara is amazing spinning, she rotates both side, which is rare and she is very flexible ... I love her spins...

ofc, those were the first that came to my mind, but there are many great spinners out there active or retired: Sasha Cohen was great and ofc Yulia Lipnitskaya! That little japanese girl, Akari Matsuoka has awesome spins ... the speed is astounding ...

Naomi Nari Nam- trained together with Sasha Cohen for a while, beautiful spinner and had lovely spirals. Too bad videos aren't very clear. 

On the men's side, I'm going to make a mention of Todd Eldredge, the guy could pull a spin out of nowhere. And he had beautiful soaring 3As that had wonderful ice coverage. And the guy was competing for the Olys right up to his 30's!