7 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

What's that? I never heard of it! xD 

A sorta Russian ravioli. Stuffed meat or fish dumplings boiled in water. Very simple to make - it made me wonder why a person who can make meringue rhubarb cakes can't make pelmeni. Especially when she loves them. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelmeni

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

A sorta Russian ravioli. Stuffed meat or fish dumplings boiled in water. Very simple to make - it made me wonder why a person who can make meringue rhubarb cakes can't make pelmeni. Especially when she loves them. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelmeni

Oooh they are so cute. And I absolutely love stuffed pasta in general. Each country has its own version, so really it's weird that any cooking fan would have trouble making this! xD In Asia they have dumplings, in Turkey they have the smallest tortellini-like filled pasta I have ever seen, in Italy they have lots of different shapes cause we love them carbs... also, I think I've seen these when I had a stopover in a Moscow airport for 9 hours, but I didn't remember their name. These, I'd love to try, together with blini and Russian desserts. I'm always making sure to load up on borsht every time winter comes around. 

9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Oooh they are so cute. And I absolutely love stuffed pasta in general. Each country has its own version, so really it's weird that any cooking fan would have trouble making this! xD In Asia they have dumplings, in Turkey they have the smallest tortellini-like filled pasta I have ever seen, in Italy they have lots of different shapes cause we love them carbs... also, I think I've seen these when I had a stopover in a Moscow airport for 9 hours, but I didn't remember their name. These, I'd love to try, together with blini and Russian desserts. I'm always making sure to load up on borsht every time winter comes around. 

Well, these at least have got some protein as well - but my absolute favourite is nothing but carbs. Which is kinda sad.... 

Yes, for the hell of it, people who come to CoR should probably try Russian cuisine. It's pretty simple and very calorie-rich, but it's still there! 

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

Well, these at least have got some protein as well - but my absolute favourite is nothing but carbs. Which is kinda sad.... 

Yes, for the hell of it, people who come to CoR should probably try Russian cuisine. It's pretty simple and very calorie-rich, but it's still there! 

If you like carbs, I can't imagine you don't love gnocchi. My absolute favourite carb will always be potatoes. When I was a kid, mash potatoes was my absolute comfort food. 

Honestly, I love travelling as a whole, but my favourite thing about it is food tourism. Tasting foreigner cuisine just does it for me. I would gladly do it for a living. 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

I can't wait to try Russian cuisine! :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:  Soups, salads, blini, smetana, chocolates, caviar, champagne and vodka! 

7 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

If you like carbs, I can't imagine you don't love gnocchi. My absolute favourite carb will always be potatoes. When I was a kid, mash potatoes was my absolute comfort food. 

Honestly, I love travelling as a whole, but my favourite thing about it is food tourism. Tasting foreigner cuisine just does it for me. I would gladly do it for a living. 

Gnocchi? What's that? 

Yeah, potatoes are 90 percent of my favourite food! 

9 minutes ago, Fay said:

Gnocchi? What's that? 

Yeah, potatoes are 90 percent of my favourite food! 

Oh dear! Brace yourself.

It's little balls of potatoes and flour (the less flour, the softer and more potatoy the balls) with which you can use any kind of sauce. 

Gnocchi-with-Roasted-Pumpkin-Spinach-3.j

A classic is butter, sage and parmesan. It's a delicate and addictive taste.

Gnocchi-With-Pomodoro-Sauce-foodiecrush.

A typical roman dish is 'gnocchi alla sorrentina', which uses tomato sauce and mozzarella. You know us Italians, we put tomato and mozzarella on carbs and we're happy. 

gnocchi-1-4.jpg

These last ones are with pesto. Cheesy and aromatic. To die for. 

Okay, sorry if now everybody is hungry. I had to spam gnocchi for the sake of humanity. 

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

You guys are very productive in managing stress :bow:

While I de-stress by playing mindless games, listening to music and lately added watching Yuzu videos to the list (no wonder I don't get much done) :smiley-ashamed005:

I've been watching a lot of Yuzu as well and by that I mean I've been quietly crying over how beautiful H&L is and mourning LGC :sorrow:

Talking about destressing and baking I was thinking about making a red wine chocolate cake to get me through ACI :drink2: (I swear I'm not an alcoholic..)
I'm gonna have to meal prep too or something because I am not getting anything done after Thursday let's be real :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I've been watching a lot of Yuzu as well and by that I mean I've been quietly crying over how beautiful H&L is and mourning LGC :sorrow:

Talking about destressing and baking I was thinking about making a red wine chocolate cake to get me through ACI :drink2: (I swear I'm not an alcoholic..)
I'm gonna have to meal prep too or something because I am not getting anything done after Thursday let's be real :facepalm:

Have you ever baked one? It sounds the perfect combination but I have never eaten something like this before!  :eeking: 

(and I swear I'm not an alcoholic either but a little glass wine is tasty and healthy too :drink2:

18 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Talking about destressing and baking I was thinking about making a red wine chocolate cake to get me through ACI

I don't think I've ever done wine + chocolate combo, so definitely give it a try and let us know - but I know for sure chocolate is divine with Rhum, so if you want to go a little heavier with the alcohol... y'know which superalcoholic to search for xD 

7 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Have you ever baked one? It sounds the perfect combination but I have never eaten something like this before!  :eeking: 

(and I swear I'm not an alcoholic either but a little glass wine is tasty and healthy too :drink2:

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I don't think I've ever done wine + chocolate combo, so definitely give it a try and let us know - but I know for sure chocolate is divine with Rhum, so if you want to go a little heavier with the alcohol... y'know which superalcoholic to search for xD 

I've actually done it a bunch of times and it is delicious, would definitely recommend :winky:
the alcohol gets baked out so it's not like I'd get any more effect from rum than wine but I love those chocolates with rum and raisins!

8 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

the alcohol gets baked out so it's not like I'd get any more effect from rum than wine but I love those chocolates with rum and raisins!

Yup, it's more like an aftertaste or aroma. I don't drink any type of alcohol, so I always get mad when my father puts too much alcohol into desserts... 

For those who, on the contrary, search for alcoholic desserts, may I suggest Babà's? They are submerged in rhum syrup xD

baba-au-rhum.jpg

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Yup, it's more like an aftertaste or aroma. I don't drink any type of alcohol, so I always get mad when my father puts too much alcohol into desserts... 

For those who, on the contrary, search for alcoholic desserts, may I suggest Babà's? They are submerged in rhum syrup xD

baba-au-rhum.jpg

Sticky, sweet and intoxicating. What a combination! :joy: