9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I would normally be jealous, but today I ate a bunch of ice cream from the ice cream shop in which I work and it was damn delicious. It's really one of the most delicious ice creams I have ever eaten - and in Italy, there are many good ones! 

Chocolate cake is good but I usually behave and manage not to overeat it. Something I cannot resist, though, are cinnamon rolls. That's why I never do them. I am damned if I do. 

What a coincidence, I baked cinnamon rolls two weeks ago. :D For my brother-in-law, mostly, because I did torture him by sending him photos the time before that, so this time when he was in town, I baked a batch that turned out really good. :D 

Though you know, a scoop of very good vanilla ice cream would be really very good with a slice of this cake... I have none, though! 

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

What a coincidence, I baked cinnamon rolls two weeks ago. :D For my brother-in-law, mostly, because I did torture him by sending him photos the time before that, so this time when he was in town, I baked a batch that turned out really good. :D 

Are you always stressed or do you just bake for fun? :peek:Kidding, it's awesome that you are so committed, although I spend like a lot of time on youtube looking at recipes of all kinds, I end up being too lazy to make for myself... So if I crave sweet, I'll just eat a spoonful of Nutella and that will be it..

I threw a birthday party for an elderly relative yesterday- made ice cream for the desserts because they all like it - most of the guests were in their 80s and a couple in the 90s,  the wartime kids who missed out on sweet stuff.  But theyre very conservative in their tastes - the most popular flavour was vanilla- it’s all gone.

22 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Are you always stressed or do you just bake for fun? :peek:Kidding, it's awesome that you are so committed, although I spend like a lot of time on youtube looking at recipes of all kinds, I end up being too lazy to make for myself... So if I crave sweet, I'll just eat a spoonful of Nutella and that will be it..

This is actually a post-big-deadline celebration cake. I baked banana muffins (vegan for extra points, I'm not vegan by a long shot but I do like to find ways to have a life that won't make my sweet tooth whine too much when I finally manage to go vegan one day eventually finally) when I was stressed out about the deadline earlier. :D  The cinnamon rolls were 'thank heavens relatives are gone'  relief baking.

13 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I threw a birthday party for an elderly relative yesterday- made ice cream for the desserts because they all like it - most of the guests were in their 80s and a couple in the 90s,  the wartime kids who missed out on sweet stuff.  But theyre very conservative in their tastes - the most popular flavour was vanilla- it’s all gone.

You know, I love all the flavours and I always try all of them and end up choosing the conservative ones in the end. I love vanilla so much. And caramel. 

I think I love baking partly because unlike cooking meals, you get more than you put in the oven or on the stove. :laughing: When you're cooking, you do all that prep and it's so much prep and then once you're done, what fit into four big bowls now fits into one pan. Baking, you half fill a pan with something, and you get twice as much! I love baking powder and baking soda. I even love yeast even if kneading makes me go slightly mad and yell at the dough.

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

This is actually a post-big-deadline celebration cake. I baked banana muffins (vegan for extra points, I'm not vegan by a long shot but I do like to find ways to have a life that won't make my sweet tooth whine too much when I finally manage to go vegan one day eventually finally) when I was stressed out about the deadline earlier. :D  The cinnamon rolls were 'thank heavens relatives are gone'  relief baking.

I have the house all to myself for 4 days next week, what shall I bake to celebrate? I might just fill my house with premade mochi because I'm garbage :embSwan:

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I have the house all to myself for 4 days next week, what shall I bake to celebrate? I might just fill my house with premade mochi because I'm garbage :embSwan:

I'd totally be garbage if I could get premade mochi, too! A good reason why I bake so much is because most good baked stuff is quite expensive. The cheap stuff is just overbaked, dry cake that have had too much syrup poured over and into them but that just makes it all around disgusting. If I could actually get okay desserts at a reasonable price, I probably would only bake for special occasions.

Hace 1 hora, WinForPooh said:

What a coincidence, I baked cinnamon rolls two weeks ago.

I love cinnamon rolls!!! :embSwan: but I’m so not able to bake!:facepalm:

hace 37 minutos , Murieleirum said:

Big party time!!! What about the delicious brownies you mentioned in the IdF thread?! I’m still kinda dreaming of them!:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

9 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Big party time!!! What about the delicious brownies you mentioned in the IdF thread?! I’m still kinda dreaming of them!:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Everyone invited in my house for brownies and big screen Yuzuru marathon! :embSwan:

25 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Yay!!!! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: that would be so cool! How to beam myself to Italy is the question now :laughing:?!!! 

try to go in front of a mirror and call Massimiliano Ambesi's name three times in a row, it may work :sipping:

10 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

So what other flavors were on offer? Homemade ice cream is a real treat. :grin_clapping:

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

Strawberry and raspberry ripple - my family are quite pleased that the raspberry ripple is left 

The Ice cream we ate yesterday was Coconut (so fresh), Pistacchio, Hazelnut+Nutella (holy), Orange Almonds, Sicilian cannolo and vanilla cream. 

I think though the ice cream that manages to make me lose my mind completely is Ben and Jerry's. Their flavours are to die for. The chocolate brownie fudge... the Peanut Butter cookie core... aaaaaahhhhhhhh