Really good pistachio is my favourite but a lot of what you get in the supermarket is that terrible vivid green fake flavour, not the real thing.

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Really good pistachio is my favourite but a lot of what you get in the supermarket is that terrible vivid green fake flavour, not the real thing.

Oh, our version is legit all right! I watch them do the icecream all day long right in front of my eyes. It's just sugar, milk, heavy cream and the highest quality of pistachios or hazelnuts or almonds or whatever flavour we're doing. Top Notch! 

Something else that's delicious with pistachios is pesto, maybe lasagna with pistachio pesto, but that's going into savoury territory so it's off topic LOL. 

Nice! Italian icecream is really good huh. I'm jealous. All the icecream shops in Germany are gelateria (or they pretend to be). 

I don't stress-bake at all, my hubbie does that and I just mooch off his product. :) 

When I'm stressed out because of work, I just ... work more. My friends don't get it, but it makes perfect sense to me: if that's the source of stress, then I got to address it! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi.

I love you all and I love this thread.

Now, I feel like I gained weight with all the delicious food talk :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

So, everytime I watch Notte Stellata I get this need to get fit and start skating, but I am fat as hell and I love eating so getting fit has been an issue.

And everytime I stretch or try some exercise I feel much better anxiety wise! But I hate exercising and gyms are terrible for my lack of social skills :13877886: Sooooooooo...anyone here has any kind of advice on home-based exercising that doesn't include yoga (I tried, didn't like it) and/or running (I tried, killed both of my knees because of the weight) and that helps one get fit and avoid overeating because of anxiety? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

15 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

Hi.

I love you all and I love this thread.

Now, I feel like I gained weight with all the delicious food talk :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

So, everytime I watch Notte Stellata I get this need to get fit and start skating, but I am fat as hell and I love eating so getting fit has been an issue.

And everytime I stretch or try some exercise I feel much better anxiety wise! But I hate exercising and gyms are terrible for my lack of social skills :13877886: Sooooooooo...anyone here has any kind of advice on home-based exercising that doesn't include yoga (I tried, didn't like it) and/or running (I tried, killed both of my knees because of the weight) and that helps one get fit and avoid overeating because of anxiety? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I’m nowhere near fit but that hasn’t kept me from skating maybe just give it a try :winky:

For the overeating I’d gladly take tips as well other than just stress so much you cease to function and thus forget to eat

16 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I’m nowhere near fit but that hasn’t kept me from skating maybe just give it a try :winky:

For the overeating I’d gladly take tips as well other than just stress so much you cease to function and thus forget to eat

I'd really love to, but I wasn't joking about the knees being busted because of the overweight and I was thinking that maybe skating will mess them up more? I went skating a few months ago and all seemed well, but I'm not sure if doing it daily will stress them to the point of injury. It's that line of thinking that made me want to get fit before actually enrolling in classes or something...

13 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Quite literally my two modes, no, I don't recommend it at all.

@LeadenMyr Do you have access to a pool, because any kind of water aerobics would be gentle on your knees? My husband has a screwed up knee and he feels better when we occasionally have access to a pool somewhere. But what limited fitness I have is mostly down to having two dogs, cleaning up after them and chasing after them and taking them for walks and all the extra laundry because of them kind of add up a bit. :lol:  Before the dogs, I'd try to follow YouTube tutorials for dances. I mostly sucked at it but it was fun and it was free, and there are so many different kinds of dances that there was usually one that fit my energy level for the day. (Now my energy level is either 'scrub every surface' or 'don't care, won't move'. Sometimes both in the same day.) 

Just now, WinForPooh said:

Quite literally my two modes, no, I don't recommend it at all.

@LeadenMyr Do you have access to a pool, because any kind of water aerobics would be gentle on your knees? My husband has a screwed up knee and he feels better when we occasionally have access to a pool somewhere. But what limited fitness I have is mostly down to having two dogs, cleaning up after them and chasing after them and taking them for walks and all the extra laundry because of them kind of add up a bit. :lol:  Before the dogs, I'd try to follow YouTube tutorials for dances. I mostly sucked at it but it was fun and it was free, and there are so many different kinds of dances that there was usually one that fit my energy level for the day. (Now my energy level is either 'scrub every surface' or 'don't care, won't move'. Sometimes both in the same day.) 

I feel you regarding the energy levels :13877886:

Sadly I don't have access to a pool, but it definitely would help! I used to swim a lot when I was a kid and I was pretty happy, I miss swimming but it's very costly around here, I'll look for options regarding that...and the dance option seems very enticing too, it would also help the skating effort :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: are there any particular YT channels you recommend for this? 

I also draw a lot when I'm stressed, small ballpoint pen drawings, and coloring books help too, but those I use only when I'm at peak anxiety because I tend to obsess over them and stop doing anything else for a day or two :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I wanna try baking! What do you guys think is the easiest thing to bake? To start up with that!

2 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

I feel you regarding the energy levels :13877886:

Sadly I don't have access to a pool, but it definitely would help! I used to swim a lot when I was a kid and I was pretty happy, I miss swimming but it's very costly around here, I'll look for options regarding that...and the dance option seems very enticing too, it would also help the skating effort :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: are there any particular YT channels you recommend for this? 

I also draw a lot when I'm stressed, small ballpoint pen drawings, and coloring books help too, but those I use only when I'm at peak anxiety because I tend to obsess over them and stop doing anything else for a day or two :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I wanna try baking! What do you guys think is the easiest thing to bake? To start up with that!

Oooh you should try something like this to start with! Better than the videos I tried, and belly dancing is good for posture and core. Also more of a workout that it seems.

I really admire people who can draw, I suck at it completely. :bow: 

For baking, I personally find muffins the easiest to bake. Most people find cookies easier but for some reason my cookies are pretty hit and miss but my muffins are usually good. They're much more forgiving if you want to cut down on plain flour and use oatmeal, and cut down on butter or sugar. Though I stress-baked this pretty easy bread  the other day after Waka's skate, that worked out okay, too. Those instructions are really easy and well explained, I'm not that used to baking with yeast but that blogger made it very easy.

8 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Oooh you should try something like this to start with! Better than the videos I tried, and belly dancing is good for posture and core. Also more of a workout that it seems.

I really admire people who can draw, I suck at it completely. :bow: 

For baking, I personally find muffins the easiest to bake. Most people find cookies easier but for some reason my cookies are pretty hit and miss but my muffins are usually good. They're much more forgiving if you want to cut down on plain flour and use oatmeal, and cut down on butter or sugar. Though I stress-baked this pretty easy bread  the other day after Waka's skate, that worked out okay, too. Those instructions are really easy and well explained, I'm not that used to baking with yeast but that blogger made it very easy.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I wanna eat that breadddddd

Do you use an oven thermometer? The main reason I've never baked is because I don't really know how to use the oven and I'm a bit scared of it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: so maybe having one of those will help because I've been told by a friend who baked at my house once that my oven lies!!! :14066882:

I'll try and bake that bread. I'll also look for muffin recipes, I love them to death...

Bread is a great stress buster.  There’s a recipe in Marcella Hazan’s ‘Classic Italian Cooking’ which has very long complicated and quite brutal kneading instructions- you periodically have to pick the dough up and throw it at the table you’re kneading it on.  It makes a very fine grained loaf!   It is extremely good if you’re feeling very kuyashii.

If you have a tricky oven an oven thermometer is your friend - I have a very old Aga and translating gas mark or degrees C into which bit of the ovens to use is real trial and error stuff.

i feel you on the bad knees - had to give up Zumba because the twisting moves killed my knees.  Swimming is best because you’re supported but it’s not particularly convenient.  I found Pilates very good - can’t get to the class I used to go to anymore but I keep meaning to see if I can find something on YouTube that would do the same job at home.