Very Bold Predictions for the 2017/18 Season - these things totally COULD happen!

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Touche. Though I was hoping that the casualty rate would be moderate.... 

You are awfully optimistic tonight. Though of course, some of the men would go to the happy hunting grounds along with the ladies.

Newspaper headlines the next day would be fab! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

You are awfully optimistic tonight. Though of course, some of the men would go to the happy hunting grounds along with the ladies.

Newspaper headlines the next day would be fab! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Just for the fun of it, top men swap ex costumes with each other - and the man who got Shoma's costume was... 

Just now, Sombreuil said:

Got to be Patrick

Poor Pat. :/ 

Right, running out of evil ideas for tonight - let me dream of some more. 

I was going to make up something with the Korean flower girls again, but nothing interesting was cooked up in my tired head. Maybe tomorrow.... 

16 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I actually already had this moment. My Mom's reaction to Nathan's EX: "He's great, why didn't he skate like that in the competition?"

HAHAHA Some judges and commentators, just like the saying goes, should listen to your mother! 

5 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

I actually already had this moment. My Mom's reaction to Nathan's EX: "He's great, why didn't he skate like that in the competition?"

I had a similar reaction. I don't think he suits the balletic stuff at all. He seems to have a better emotional connection to contemporary so I'm happy that's the direction he's going this year.

Not a prediction but an image that won't leave my brain is one of a beaming and somewhat bewildered Boyang in the middle of the podium with 2nd and 3rd place the tragic victims of a splatfest.

47 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Not a prediction but an image that won't leave my brain is one of a beaming and somewhat bewildered Boyang in the middle of the podium with 2nd and 3rd place the tragic victims of a splatfest.

Well Boyang opened his own season with a mini splatfest in China...T_T and that scenario is highly possible in any GP event he attends this year, plus GPF, plus worlds (if Yuzu yolos too much or not show up in Milan), as I consider him and the younger guys virtually tied.

5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

4) Yuzuru Hanyu skates to Sex Bomb as an EX for Olys. No, he doesn't have a fake muscles costumes. Yes, he's still way too ridiculous. 

--and then there is a costume malfuction so he has to wear the golden underwear without the skin colored tights, baring his real legs for all the world to see. And twitter really explodes this time. As too many people tweet and share full length videos of his ex program, while some hacker or anti-fan hacker probably got pissed and sends hacker bots to attack the twitter servers to stop the spread, which combined with all the full length videos being shared and retweet bots in use, fully overloads the twitter servers. That twitter servers are down, and require a full working day minimum with round-the-clock oversight to recover make the headline news. Yes, that a male figure skater, a waif of a japanese, managed to cause the snowball that took down a twitter server for a full day gets on the headline news.

And in the meantime, in great admiration of his thighs, UnderArmor decides that indeed Yuzuru's build is a great representation of their ideal and actually signs a sponsorship deal with him. Fanyus across the world all unite and say " Finally! About time!" Meanwhile in the corners of Italy, a certain B*** senior bemoans the lack of thigh flashing of the "ideal skater" and considerably revisits previous evaluation of Yuzuru's artistry.

There, fixed it for ya!

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

--and then there is a costume malfuction so he has to wear the golden underwear without the skin colored tights, baring his real legs for all the world to see. And twitter really explodes this time. As too many people tweet and share full length videos of his ex program, while some hacker or anti-fan hacker probably got pissed and sends hacker bots to attack the twitter servers to stop the spread, which combined with all the full length videos being shared and retweet bots in use, fully overloads the twitter servers. That twitter servers are down, and require a full working day minimum with round-the-clock oversight to recover make the headline news. Yes, that a male figure skater, a waif of a japanese, managed to cause the snowball that took down a twitter server for a full day gets on the headline news.

And in the meantime, in great admiration of his thighs, UnderArmor decides that indeed Yuzuru's build is a great representation of their ideal and actually signs a sponsorship deal with him. Fanyus across the world all unite and say " Finally! About time!" Meanwhile in the corners of Italy, a certain B*** senior bemoans the lack of thigh flashing of the "ideal skater" and considerably revisits previous evaluation of Yuzuru's artistry.

There, fixed it for ya!

UnderArmor is not sponsoring Yuzu yet? This is Madness! 

Another prediction: Milano Worlds single events tickets go out. They are cheaper than average. 

(I know, I know, I should be more realistic) 

7 hours ago, LadyLou said:

This one is more realistic:

Yuzuru does his "jumping on the podium" thing in PyeongChang but slips and falls on his face, becoming the ultimate meme.

and he does not want to get up... he kicks or rolls on the ice...

8 hours ago, LadyLou said:

This one is more realistic:

Yuzuru does his "jumping on the podium" thing in PyeongChang but slips and falls on his face, becoming the ultimate meme.

:rofl:Oh my god :rofl:

This thread is hilarious, I'm trying to imagine the costume switching scenarios and it is beyond ridiculous and funny :laughing:

Thanks for a good laugh everyone :laughing: