Phantom of the Opera

yuzuangel

@yuzuangel thank you thank you for starting this thread - I LOVE POTO so much - Shae-Lynn's first choreo - how much more it suits Yuzuru than DWs R&J 2 (IMO!), that costume (number 2) is soooo gorgeous and Yuzuru looks so beautiful in it!! and I must admit to loving the music too, this programme gives me goose bumps galore!! If this had ben his Oly choice, I wouldn't have minded at all.......(though Seimei is a FAB choice for him :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

img%5D

On 9/11/2017 at 4:15 AM, Mastyaeva said:

You are brave. I only dare to watch it once in all that time. My reaction was exactly as the voice of that woman which can be heard in the K&C. I think, she embodied the feelings of all of us. But, for me, it's also because of this choice to skate no matter what, - he is who he is. Unstoppable.

I haven't really watched POTO from CoC2014 more than once or twice I think. So I don't think I'm particularly brave ^^; I can look at still photos or short gifs like this one though (though not ones of the more painful-looking moments). 

1 hour ago, katonice said:

I haven't really watched POTO from CoC2014 more than once or twice I think. So I don't think I'm particularly brave ^^; I can look at still photos or short gifs like this one though (though not ones of the more painful-looking moments). 

I'm terrible. I love it. It's so inspirational, even though it makes me sick to my stomach. I think I would have felt differently had I watched it live, though. The audience must have been terrified that he might die (it's happened before - I can't watch cycling live anymore.) Then to see him throw himself around and collapse off the ice afterwards, not knowing whether or not he would recover. I'm glad I didn't become a fan until the next season because that would have completely traumatised me. 

42 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm terrible. I love it. It's so inspirational, even though it makes me sick to my stomach. I think I would have felt differently had I watched it live, though. The audience must have been terrified that he might die (it's happened before - I can't watch cycling live anymore.) Then to see him throw himself around and collapse off the ice afterwards, not knowing whether or not he would recover. I'm glad I didn't become a fan until the next season because that would have completely traumatised me. 

If I'd been in the audience I would've probably cried. Seeing any skater go through that, ugh. These skaters are made of steel. 

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I totally agree. I've watched that video over and over and every time it makes me love him more.

Just been watching YouTube - PotO GPF version with various commentators, reliving the relief when all but the last jump was landed and we got the true idea of what it was supposed to look like for the first time.  Loved that costume so much, loved the choreo sequences, the way it flowed. :heart:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...