Notte Stellata (The Swan)

yuzuangel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

quoting myself from the gen thread :8788161:

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

As for Notte Stellata, I'm probably biased because I fell in love with its spins at first sight LOL (I'm glad if my gif can nudge anyone into giving the program a second chance:laughing:)

First one I've watched was probably GPF2016, and it was my fave for a while, then it was replaced by the WC one was (spin hair! All the clapping!), then WTT...then, when I was wondering how could Yuzu do an even better Swan, pink COR2017 Swan come, the first I've watched live!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Then OWG Swan, which by now it's probably become the one I've rewatched the most. It's so serene, the whole performances is beauty and grace:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Anyway, maybe because of the lyrics, I don't really feel sadness in that program. The lyrics of Notte Stellata progress from "You don't know how much I love you" to "Now you know how much I love you" and end with "you already love me" so maybe I've been swayed by that :laughing:

What I feel is mainly a feeling of wistfulness and almost melancholy but also tenderness. The feeling changes a bit in every performance too.

The COR one was a bit more dramatic.

In the OWG one I felt there was more softness, and an understated, quiet joy. It felt the calm after the storm, after the pain and the struggle before Olympics and it also felt like a thank you. If HYK feels uplifting, to me the OWG Swan is utterly serene.

When Yuzuru spoke about how the title was also connected in his heart to that starry sky he witnessed after the earthquake, I thought that yes, I could really see it: the silence, the darkness all around, and then that finding unexpected beauty even in pain, and with that beauty also gratitude and a tiny spark of hope. In this sense, I feel HYK is some sort of continuation of both Requiem and Notte Stellata.

here some more NS gifs just because

Probably I should repost all of this in the Notte Stellata thread:tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Reveal hidden contents

Skate Canada: the first Swan, with beautiful angle of delayed 1A that some people mistook for a popped jump:10814716:

giphy.gif

Whops I should gif the NHK first twizze axel sandwich

GPF: Swan some arms details

giphy.gif giphy.gif

Oh no I still have no gif of Worlds Swan:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid::tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:

WTT: Swan spread eagles sequence and after spin

giphy.gif giphy.gif

WTT Swan has one of the best swan bows :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

giphy.gif

COR: Swan twizzling out of 3A and Dramatic swan

giphy.gif giphy.gif

OWG: Swan smiling

giphy.gif

OWG Swan final smile :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...