Team Spain

but of course, never skating a new(and still unfinished) SP and FS with time cut in competitive environment before Euros, what could possibly go wrong!

YOLOcomp is the way to go!

:13877886:

Javi may be retiring after Euros, but his Chaotic!TCCbrothers energy is stronger than ever :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

well, it will be kind of weird to see his new competitive program only once, but I guess Javi's gonna use it in show too with a few tweaks :67638860:

any news about new programs in ROI? Anything that could look like a new SP? skating in shows would be a good opportunity to test the choreo, even doing triples instead of quads... Has he skated the 4 min version of his FS after japan Open?

sadly I don't think there's any plan of going to TCC for intensive training (like I hoped before the start of the season) :smiley-sad016: He's basically doing ROI till new year and then it's only 3 weeks to Euros:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

I really think Javi's gonna YOLO the whole thing... being relaxed usuall works well for him and anyway I feel Euros will be more about saying goodbye than proving he can ward off the other contenders. But you can bet he'd want to aim for that title, and at the moment the most dangerous competitors haven't delivered as expected...tho there are a few names on the rise, so please, Javi, do train and don't forget the new requirements for spin levels! :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

Javi has said that if he competes, he competes to win. Given that Spanish Nationals are in between a series of ROI shows, there's no way he'd be competition ready there. He'd probably still win, but I doubt he'd want to win like that. Also, given that he's only going to Euros, he might feel like it's time to make room for a new Spanish National Champion to represent Spain at Worlds. (It'd definitely be a lot less impressive if a distant vice-champion represented them because the champion retired.)

As for Euros, he will probably head to Toronto after New Year's. I suspect his programs could be ready, because David and Sandra have been part of the ROI crew and they actually went to Spain about a week before the shows started, IIRC. So it's quite likely they've had time to work on that. Additionally, Jeff was also there, for good measure, in case. I believe Prometo wasn't confirmed as an SP, but it was said it'd be either that or something like it.

If nothing changes until Euros - unlikely, though - his greatest rivals will possibly be Michal and Sergei... Battle of the Uncles? (though I still have hopes that seeing them so competitive might make him have some doubts about retiring :devilYuzu: Though if he knows Yuzu's doing well, then surely he knows about them, too)

For now, I choose to believe Javi, that he wants to win and will actually do things in that direction, i.e. go to Toronto and train hard for those few weeks. Maybe by then Yuzu will be ready to start training properly, too, and they'll push each other again, one last time... I do worry about Javi's motivation. He's the greatest sweetheart ever, but he does have a reputation of losing motivation unless challenged and it's been so long since he was last challenged. He might think now that three weeks is enough, but I'm not sure it will be. He might think it's fine to do shows, because they keep him in shape, and train by himself in Spain, to stay close to his family and girlfriend, but training by oneself is so very different to training with a coach, especially in a competitive environment. But like I said, I'll choose to believe him that he is motivated and wants to win... It's all I can do...