Team Spain

7 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

You're right. I also just remembered he's doing that ice opera in Italy those days, with Plush and co.

I guess we'll see, yeah... IIRC, last year, Kolyada was losing steam by Euros - I think he'd been doing much better in the earlier competitions? Or was that just an impression?. It'll be interesting to see if he'll figure out his peaking. I'm in a way more concerned about Aliev. He seemed somewhat unpredictable... I think that aside from being fit, what could help Javi a lot is if he's relaxed. Some of his best skates happened when it seemed he had nothing more to lose. Boston free, IdF last year. And I think avoiding the stress of competitions might just make him zen enough to get an upper hand... But then again, I'm sure he does want that 7th title and on the contrary, being away from competition for so long might instead make him nervous ^_^; But he's already 6 times European Champion, so whatever happens is fine. As long as he enjoys it and doesn't have any regrets!

He did. But he also said some time back that he wouldn't do Japan Open anymore. That's why I said he might change his mind lol But I'm not sure about those... they're very close to ROI shows and he'd have little to no time to train before them. I suspect after the last show he'll go to Toronto right away and start intensely training for the little less than a month he'll have... That's why it would have made sense to try an event before the season - maybe even one where he has about the same amount of time to prepare. Basically a test drive. But it won't happen with ACI and probably not with any other competition either...

Kolyada's best form was around CoR-CoC-GPF and he also had to do well at Nationals. His season was long because he went to both Nepela and Finlandia and I think he peaked earlier and couldn't do well at Europeans (his Olympic performaces weren't the best either). But this might change in the coming season and it's possible that both him and Aliev will be in very good shape in January.

Javi can change his mind of course, but yeah..I forgot that two ROI shows will be in November, somehow I thought all of them would be in mid/end of December. This makes schedule in November also very busy. 

And I agree while it's good if he's relaxed but not competing for almost a whole year could make him more nervous too. But whatever happens I hope he can have two good skates and say farewell to competitive skating without any regrets. I'll cheer for him :) 

30 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

:68468287:

Seriously though, he actually says he is only wearing it because it's for children's cancer research. 

I know ^_^ Javi's an amazingly great sport! (Though, looking at it seriously, I'm not sure I agree with the approach of this CM...)

19 hours ago, Sammie said:

:68468287:

This made my day :xD:

Rough translation (not entirely accurate, it's from what I remember,  but I'm at work):

"Dear me. Here I am. Javier Fernandez. Dressed up as a chicken to announce Huawei's latest phone. I don't even know what's special about it. But it must be really good if they're paying me to do this. Why do I need to do this? After all my success as a two-time world champion and Olympic medallist, all the respect I've earned in the skating world. The truth is, there's a very good reason; helping children with cancer. Everytime you buy a Huawei phone, money is donated for cancer research. Come on, wouldn't you get dressed as, say, a Madagascar rat, for kids with cancer? *CUT* Oh, come on, a platypus this time?!?!" Text: "Not everything is as it seems."

:happy0007:

33 minutes ago, guitarist said:

Rough translation (not entirely accurate, it's from what I remember,  but I'm at work):

"Dear me. Here I am. Javier Fernandez. Dressed up as a chicken to announce Huawei's latest phone. I don't even know what's special about it. But it must be really good if they're paying me to do this. Why do I need to do this? After all my success as a two-time world champion and Olympic medallist, all the respect I've earned in the skating world. The truth is, there's a very good reason; helping children with cancer. Everytime you buy a Huawei phone, money is donated for cancer research. Come on, wouldn't you get dressed as, say, a Madagascar rat, for kids with cancer? *CUT* Oh, come on, a platypus this time?!?!" Text: "Not everything is as it seems."

Bless him (and Huawei for making it happen)  :embSwan:

Feathery Javi! :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg: I love that, and I don't even like birds that much. And the faces he makes are priceless :laughing: 

Also stumbled upon this. Makes me happy to see Javi relaxing and having fun and getting to spend time with his girl, he deserves it :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

On 8/17/2018 at 8:26 AM, guitarist said:

“Dear me. Here I am.” as he skates on a lonely frozen pond in a bird suit. 

I wonder if birds think similar: Hello me. I am sitting on a branch.”  

Too funny. 

20 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

“Dear me. Here I am.” as he skates on a lonely frozen pond in a bird suit. 

I wonder if birds think similar: Hello me. I am sitting on a branch.”  

Too funny. 

Just to clarify, he doesn't literally say "Dear me." It's more of an exclamation. What he says is the Spanish version of the much better known Italian "mama mia!" So more of an "Oh, boy!" sort of thing ^_^

And in other news, seems Javi is back in Canada, judging by his new instastory. I'm guessing he's getting ready for Brian's show on Saturday... (I wish I lived around there... $60 to see the show and hang out with them? What a bargain! I'm paying 130EUR to meet and hang out with Javi and whoever else will be at his show lol)