Team Spain

I've been very emo about Javi lately. I knew the retirement talk was coming because duh, but I'll miss him so much when he finally steps back from competition. Not only has he always been one of my faves, as a fellow Spaniard it will mark the end of an era in our non-existent FS history.

...I really, really want him to get a medal in PC. More than anything, tbh :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

(Sorry about the flood of feels in the middle of entertaining ice-football, I'll go cry elsewhere now)

Javi articles/interviews post Euros.

Javier doesn’t think too much about his sixth crown, though. He acknowledges the performance and he’s proud of it – “It means a lot, it is always nice to make history in figure skating for Spain, and it is nice to skate well and win another title” – but his mind, his eyes are already set on the Olympics. And so, in his books, this year’s Europeans might have been just a phase in his preparation for PyeongChang.

“Of course, I have a lot of things to do in Spain and a lot of things I want to work on to keep building the sport. We have a show in Spain that we did this past December, and we want to continue doing that. I still want to do some shows and I want to try coaching. I also have Brian saying, ‘you should stay in Toronto and help me teach here.’ So, I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

• 2 weeks later...