Eurovision Song Contest

Hydroblade

I'm in love with Victor Crone:slinkaway:

Awful singing but daaaayum....

I wanted Iceland and San Marino to qualify so i can have fun on the final :rofl: glad they did ahahaha.

Can't get Poland's song out of my head.

I really liked Hungary's entry :( and Australia :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I haven't watched Eurovision in at least twenty years, probably much longer. I don't even remember if I ever really watched the competition for real. 

However, all that's gonna change this year. I am going to watch tomorrow night at a friend's. Why? Because I desperately need time away from shi**y Real Life, and apparently Eurovision is so silly and bad, it's just the thing to make me forget about real life. :joy:

It's entirely coincidental that the news reports here all seem to think the Dutch entry is going to win. That would actually be a reason for me NOT to watch, but hey, I got invited to come watch before I heard anything about this singer, so... Plus it'll be fun to see the Dutch press eat their words when this guy ends up ranked last or something. ;-)

38 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

It's entirely coincidental that the news reports here all seem to think the Dutch entry is going to win. That would actually be a reason for me NOT to watch, but hey, I got invited to come watch before I heard anything about this singer, so... Plus it'll be fun to see the Dutch press eat their words when this guy ends up ranked last or something. ;-) 

Oh, he definitely won't finish last, and definitely has a strong chance to win. I would even say that's the best song for me this year (along with Slovenia), but not the best as performance, I guess...

Since my fav San Marino probably can't win, I'm rooting for the two above :D

Eurovision 2019 results:

https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovision/2019

And the winner is .... Netherlands. Congrats!!! :7562096:

Well, if you ask me, the public vote ruined everything... I mean, Duncan's song was okay but how in the world Sweden finished only in 6th place ... and Iceland,  in front of Denmark or Czech Republic and UK in last place ... just MO

My personal ranking:

1. Sweden

2. Netherlands

3. Czech Republic

4. Australia (for the show)

5. Denmark

BUT

It was a great contest with good songs and good voices! One of the best in the last 5 years IMO. Congrats, Israel for the great show! And wow Madonna!!

17 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Eurovision 2019 results:

https://eurovisionworld.com/eurovision/2019

And the winner is .... Netherlands. Congrats!!! :7562096:

Well, if you ask me, the public vote ruined everything... I mean, Duncan's song was okay but how in the world Sweden finished only in 6th place ... and Iceland,  in front of Denmark or Czech Republic and UK in last place ... just MO

My personal ranking:

1. Sweden

2. Netherlands

3. Czech Republic

4. Australia (for the show)

5. Denmark

BUT

It was a great contest with good songs and good voices! One of the best in the last 5 years IMO. Congrats, Israel for the great show! And wow Madonna!!

In my opinion the public vote saved the whole thing somewhat. If not for them, North Macedonia (can we say "political"?) would have won - it was a decent song, but kinda... forgettable, a knock off Rise Like A Phoenix but not as good. Jury has some kind of unreasonable hard on for Sweden, they always vote Sweden high. The public verifies it. If the song's good, Sweden remains high, if not, it flops. This year Sweden's proposition was something we've heard million times before. Good vocals? There have been many good vocals. Modern Swedish pop production? The show was chock full of modern Swedish pop production - just like current radio. Hot guy on stage? There were quite a few hot guys on stage. The indifference of the public shows that if you want to show up with something like that, you'd better give the public something that stands out. Otherwise, fans of that sound will  go or something more intersting like the Italian song, or Swiss, or Norwegian, or one from Azerbeijan or Estonia.

The problem is, in my opinion, that Netherlands also had a generic sensitive-guy ballad. Nice vocals, nice staging with the fake piano, but the song was bland. And it showed in the public vote, which went with Norway. Which, to be honest, would have been the better choice. It was at least fun to listen to. Nothing like a good old disco banger.

They should do away with the judges. The argument that they counteract the block vote has lost all merit when judges became more political than the public. Besides,  before the jury, no one ever won due to block voting. The song had to be universally liked to win. 

That said, I always enjoy Eurovision, the bad is just as entertaining as the good. 

My favs: 1) Norway. 2.) Azerbeijan  3). Iceland  (for the show and the destroy-capitalism trolling and the refusal to cater to the Swedish pop rule, not exactly my sound, lol)  4) Australia (for the staging, the song was meh) 5. Serbia

The new formula of the televote reveal is both entertaining and cruel. I didn't care for either the Swedish or the North Macedonia song but I felt for the singers when they saw how few votes they got.