Eurovision Song Contest

Hydroblade

9 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Oh was it Conchita? 

The Dutch was definitely better that year, but you know, usually not the best song wins...

I actually preferred Conchita's because it was so James Bond. One of my favs in the entire time I've watched Eurovision.

Tonight I can't make up my mind between The Flaming Coffin Piano and The Dress. As for the actual song I think I liked the Bregovic/Musical mashup one best so I voted for all three whereas my mom threw a vote to the marching chanting vikings. (Mom's not a fan of Israel either, said it'd be ok for a henhouse commercial, lol. I couldn't get past the irritating singing either.)

49 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I totally lost Eurovision this year :c does someone want to suggest me the highlights? ccc: 

The Burning Coffin Piano, The Dress, The Marching Chanting Vikings, The Goran Bregovic Musical, The Attempt at Political Incident, The Henhouse, The Whip My Hair, The Politically Relevant Song 1 and The Politically Relevant Song 2. Maybe The Trying to Get The Nirvana Demographic if your ears can stand it.

You can also watch The Is That Seriously What The Jury Wanted W-T-F?

Also, the host finshed dead last, and a former winner finished second to last.

Also also, in the words of Polish comentator, "In true American style, the Naetherlands!"

11 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Better than what the public wanted!

At least I somewhat understand the public. Personally, I didn't like the song but it was clever, had a gimmick and was at the end of the show. But Austria? It was pleasant, listenable, but it didn't stand out much. 

• 1 year later...