Eurovision Song Contest

Hydroblade

42 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Oh, look, when Spain's song actually represented our feelings towards our participation in Eurovision: TROLOLOL :darklordyuzu:  (We don't talk about what happened last time, we're still pissed we didn't get our deserved 0 points. Really, Europe? ¬¬)

(I'm so sorry you guys had to endure that. I'm so sorry us guys had to, too.) 

At least Australia had the courtesy to put forth a song so incredibly boring and forgettable that the only reason anyone noticed we were there was because of that Ukranian streaker wearing our flag.

5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, this year public vote demonstrated both that people don't care but they also do care, which is actually encouraging! A song like Moldova's song, which has everything but culture in it, and uses a meme to obtain votes, was voted by a looot of people. But then, a lot of people also voted Hungary's song which took Eurovision's theme to heart and whose artist wasn't afraid to use a language different from English - and hey, it wasn't even such traditional music, it mixed different genres, it represented a minority that is veeery discriminated in a lot of European countries (Romani people). Curiosly, Hungary was barely taken into consideration during National votes, and was re-evaluated by popular vote. Who knows why.

But I also did like Portugal's song very much! It was a fair and deserved win. Doesn't happen every year though.

I loved both of those for different reasons: Hungary's because is different but still very good, a nice mix of things we're not used to seeing (plus the cultural baggage, which is nice :2thumbsup:); Moldova's was plain fun, catchy as hell, and the return of the Epic Sax Guy :rofl:

Contrasts like this show that, as you said, people do care: they either appreciate uniqueness and creativity or go for the mainstream-but-good ones (Euphoria is another example of this).

5 hours ago, xeyra said:

I don't remember who gave you points. It was a sacrilege. Not even Portugal gave you points, that should tell you something. :laughing:

5 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

(I'm so sorry you guys had to endure that. I'm so sorry us guys had to, too.) 

Spain as a whole is very sorry. It's a pain we're part of the big 5 and automatically in the final :facepalm:  Only good thing is the whole country takes it as a joke and the flood of memes is glorious every year...

(I don't remember who gave us points, either. Why would you even do that, shame on you, shame on your cow. We wanted that perfect 0, dammit)

• 3 weeks later...
On 29.08.2017 at 7:01 PM, Emzie said:

Came here to poke this thread a little, this is for @Hydroblade

So many people hated it - even my Mom because she thought it objectified women. I enjoyed it, because I thought the song itself was very creative sound-wise, I've never heard such a folk/rap combo before, and it was so ridiculously  here's-your-eurovision-gimmick  just-doing-it-for-the-lolz  we-re-not-trying-to-be-sexy-we're-trying-to-be-funny that I couldn't see any objectification in it, just pure over-the-top  lolz.

(Wow, that was a lot of hyphens.)

4 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

So many people hated it - even my Mom because she thought it objectified women. I enjoyed it, because I thought the song itself was very creative sound-wise, I've never heard such a folk/rap combo before, and it was so ridiculously  here's-your-eurovision-gimmick  just-doing-it-for-the-lolz  we-re-not-trying-to-be-sexy-we're-trying-to-be-funny that I couldn't see any objectification in it, just pure over-the-top  lolz.

(Wow, that was a lot of hyphens.)

That's exactly why i like it :laughing: the butter churning is a classic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Idk how many Romanians are on here, but does anyone like the number from Romania? 

I don't think it's bad, but it just seems so dated. 

I just feel like a lot of the songs try to be over the top magnificent or edgy, when in reality it would be so much better if they had a fun song to which people could dance to maybe, like that Ukrainian singer's song before on this thread. But then again maybe those wouldn't be pointed so well...

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/08/2017 at 7:15 AM, SparkleSalad said:

Don't know why but I feel at home listening to these guys...you can tell I'm rather bored tonight :13877886:

When I think of Eurovision, I immediately think of Aldi shops. I used to go there to get dead cheap food and stuff.

You'll find familiar products but somehow packaging or names are different to the ones that you get at a normal supermarket.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the products that Aldi sells but they look very familiar but they are different...I don't know if you get what I mean but anyway.

The video reminded me these guys. They are more commercially successful but the flavour I get from these two videos are somewhat very similar. Mind you, Eurovision guys look like having more fun :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

There's a Eurovision thread on the Planet? :rubeye:

As every European, I love it, some years I get more into it than others, especially if I end up having a fave. My favourites usually either win or get the most votes by the public, so it seems my taste is that of the general European audience :1:) If I don't have one, I just enjoy memeing with everyone else when the event is happening :P 

As far as our country is concerned, there weren't many strong entries, but I quite enjoyed that one.