2014-2015 Season Yuzuru Hanyu Competitions Streaming/Discussion Party

robin

This thread is to discuss Yuzuru's 14/15 season and organize the streaming parties.

Well, this season is a little special. If it were up to me I would leave out CoC from the streaming party and I know some prefer not to watch NHK. So I want to ask you guys, shall I include those competitions or nah? If there's interest we could pause before those comps start and the ones who prefer not to watch could take a break.

Eta: I'll include all competitions. :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Here's the doodle list, make sure to fill it out :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

https://beta.doodle.com/poll/m44c6qna4gg5bhgm

Previous Seasons

09/10

10/11

11/12

12/13

13/14

Protocols and Overview

On 24.6.2017 at 3:55 PM, kaeryth said:
2014 - 2015 Season
Club: Toronto Cricket Skating & Curling Club, ANA Coach: Brian Orser, Tracy Wilson
Short Program:
Chopin Ballade No. 1
by Frederic Chopin
Choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle
Planned Program: 3A // 4T 3Lz-3T | Alternate: 4T // 3A 3Lz-3T
Free Skating:
The Phantom of the Opera
by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
Planned Program: 4S 4T 3F // 3Lz-2T 3A-3T 3A-
1/2Lo-3S 3Lo 3Lz

Exhibition Program:

1. The Final Time Traveler by Sarah Alainn
     Choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto

2. Hana wa Saku by Fumiya Sashida
     Choreographed by Nanami Abe

3. Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore
Choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle

DATE/EVENT SP RESULT FS RESULT TOTAL MISC
2014 Cup of China
(November 7 – 9)
Shanghai, China

Asahi

B.ESP

(2) 82.95

Asahi

B.ESP

NBC

(2) 154.60 (2) 237.55  
2014 NHK Trophy
(November 28 – 30)
Osaka, Japan

Asahi

B.ESP

(5) 78.01

B.ESP

CBC

NBC

(3) 151.79 (4) 229.80

Interview

Domo-cam

-----

Ex: Hana wa Saku

Gala Finale

2014 Grand Prix of
Figure Skating Final

(December 11 – 14)
Barcelona, Spain

Asahi

Asahi (HD)

B.ESP

P.ESP

tdp

Universal

(1) 94.08

Asahi

B.ESP (+Interview)

CBC

I.ESP

NBC

No Commentary

P.ESP

tdp

(1) 194.08 (1) 288.16

Interview (Gold Medalist)

Interview (CBC)

-----

Victory Ceremony

Ex: The Final Time Traveler (B.ESP)

Ex: The Final Time Traveler (P.ESP)

Ex: The Final Time Traveler (tdp)

Gala Finale

2014–15 Japan Figure
Skating Championships

(December 26 - 28)
Nagano, Japan
FujiTV (1) 94.36 FujiTV (1) 192.50 (1) 286.86

Fluff

News Clip (Re: Gala Withdrawal &

T. Machida's Re-tirement)

-----

Victory Ceremony

2015 World Figure
Skating Championships

(March 23 – 29)
Shanghai, China

B.ESP

CBC

P.ESP

R.ESP

(1) 95.20

B.ESP

CBC

NBC

(3) 175.88 (2) 271.08

Fluff

Interview (CCTV)

FS Small Medal Ceremony

-----

Victory Ceremony

Gala Opening

Ex: The Final Time Traveler

Gala Finale

Quad Battle

2015 ISU
World Team Trophy

(April 16 – 19)
Tokyo, Japan
No Commentary (1) 96.27

Asahi (+Interview)

Asahi (DM Ver.1)

Asahi (DM Ver.2)

(1) 192.31 Team Entry

WTT Opening Ceremony

-----

Victory Ceremony

Gala Opening

Team Japan Ex

Ex: Parisienne Walkways (+Encore)

Ex: Parisienne Walkways (Asahi)

Gala Finale

Statistics

Chat Transcriptions
First Streaming Party

Second Streaming Party

1 hour ago, robin said:

Well, this season is a little special. If it were up to me I would leave out CoC from the streaming party and I know some prefer not to watch NHK. So I want to ask you guys, shall I include those competitions or nah? If there's interest we could pause before those comps start and the ones who prefer not to watch could take a break.

Yup, pausing before they start and letting everyone who prefers to leave the chat and then come back seems like the best option. I'd be one of those who would stay, since I already watched CoC a few times (and cried only the first time, surprisingly), and I think I've never seen NHK that year so actually I would be interested in watching it. I'd include everything because what's history is history. 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yup, pausing before they start and letting everyone who prefers to leave the chat and then come back seems like the best option. I'd be one of those who would stay, since I already watched CoC a few times (and cried only the first time, surprisingly), and I think I've never seen NHK that year so actually I would be interested in watching it. I'd include everything because what's history is history. 

Yeah history is history... I've watched CoC once for that reason and.... just the thought of watching it again makes my stomach churn :13877886:

But I can get over myself.

46 minutes ago, lilsailor said:

i'm ok with it being included, but if anyone feels uncomfortable that's perfectly ok :)

OK, we'll include those two then :smile:

17 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

yeah i think it's best to keep it in, and anyone who wants to leave can leave and come back, but it is a crucial part of the season/his career

7 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Same here. I've also seen CoC a few times, but not NHK yet. 

I think it's better to include too because painful as it is, it was part of Yuzu's journey. It was heartbreaking to watch, but each time I watched COC, my admiration for Yuzu grew.

Hanyu Yuzuru is who he is today, not only because of his triumphs, but also because of his setbacks. History comes as a whole package, and seeing his tears only make me love his smiles more. 

So I'm glad y'all decided to include those competitions.

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

I'll join the party and I'm for watching everything.

Yay you're back! 

Sure, I'll include everything. 

Actually since CoC and NHK are the first two comps I will give a second alternative starting time for the streaming party, so whoever wants to skip can join when GPF is on. :smile:

26 minutes ago, robin said:

Yay you're back! 

Sure, I'll include everything. 

Actually since CoC and NHK are the first two comps I will give a second alternative starting time for the streaming party, so whoever wants to skip can join when GPF is on. :smile:

I'm not yet back, but I will be this coming weekend. 😊

1 minute ago, Fay said:

I suppose crying together is therapeutic. 

:grouphug:

We might need the group therapy in preparation for the start of the season. (Although i'm sure we will have nough occasion for collective crying... happy tears, ofc)

1 minute ago, robin said:

Hey guysss I'm glad you guys seem to be having fun with this thread lately!

Just a heads up, I set the dates for the 14/15 season streaming parties this weekend:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Make sure to join us in our collective crying :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

A tip: If you prefer not to watch CoC or NHK (:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:) each will take abt 20 mins so you can tune in 20/40mins after the party starts and you'll be spared some heartache. 

Bringing this here!