SEIMEI

9 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Bringing this over from the gen thread:

It has to be this way, though. Japanese, or oriental Asian traditional clothing (as in ancient traditional..not belonging to more recent history) in general, as far as I know, are layered and don't show off the physique. So long as he is going for wa, keeping to that would serve the program better. A body-hugging costume, no matter how nice, would cause a disconnect between costume and program. Especially for men, who, aside from a select few that includes Hanyu, mostly look odd in contour-showing costumes anyway. To me, I mean.

Also, he's portraying an actual historical figure here, who's portrayed in traditional garb in all depictions, so being overly adventurous on costume choice would be :crazyshit:

The fact that he loosened the front of it even more this time, to make it resemble the traditional style of suikan is a great stylistic choice and an even more awesome tribute...although I hope it doesn't lower the practicality by causing more resistance...though one could say it's good for training upper body strength. Lol.

I agree. The new seimei costume is much more similar to the original seimei. Just my personal taste to see him in tight body hugging showing off his lines more haha. But I love the details on new seimei. Cant wait to have that full arena lighting hitting the costume and make it pop more. Here's hoping to more interesting men's costume other than black and grey. 

Here's someone who's not a fan of the new seimei costume (actually his remarks were quite funny ^^). As for me I love the design but there's something bothering me with the size or the sleeves I don't know, it almost looks as if it is a tad too big for him. But anyway Yuzu is gorgeous as always, especially on those pics above.

On 10/22/2017 at 12:56 PM, ralucutzagy said:

Seimei spiral ... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

img_a6e5b62aa081dd3998fcf536ee57f8c99018

source:twitter.com/cheL

I find the Seimei spiral lackluster though (when I compare it to some of the ladies')...like it doesn't have the magic of hydroblades, ina bauers or spread eagles...hope to see it more refined!

On a side note, I finally finished the 2001 Onmyouji movie (I know I'm slow!). I've heard some people say it's pretty good, but I don't agree? I find Yuzu's Seimei costume so much more appealing than the baggy one in the movie. I was amused by the plot because I found it a little ridiculous:smiley-laughing021:.  It makes me like Yuzu's Seimei even more. And I'm now more impressed with the music cut. :devilYuzu:

3 hours ago, singcarcom said:

On a side note, I finally finished the 2001 Onmyouji movie (I know I'm slow!). I've heard some people say it's pretty good, but I don't agree? I find Yuzu's Seimei costume so much more appealing than the baggy one in the movie. I was amused by the plot because I found it a little ridiculous:smiley-laughing021:

The movie has cheap effects and that does affect it because we are so used to seeing American movies all the time. But the Seimei character and his relationships with other characters in the movie is what it's all about! The Seimei character, especially, is the most interesting object of study in the whole movie imo c: