SEIMEI

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Everytime I watch Olympic Seimei I can't help but hold my breath out of anticipation even though I already know the results very well. By the end of the video I'm panting for air. Anyone else like this?

True.  I have seen Yuzu skate live...but I am so tense and anxious for him, I can't enjoy ....until the end.  So I am grateful for youtube and fancams: I can revisit his programs at leisure.:campfr:

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2021 at 1:32 AM, hananistellata said:

Everytime I watch Olympic Seimei I can't help but hold my breath out of anticipation even though I already know the results very well. By the end of the video I'm panting for air. Anyone else like this?

That's my reaction to PW in the team event at Sochi. I always get nervous at the beginning of his performance feeling, "AAAgggghhh finallyyyyyy, it's Olympiiiccccsss!!!!!" while fully recognizing that it is past and even thinking that he looks so young back then. For SEIMEI, on the other hand, I had a strange feeling when I watched his performance in real-time. I was super nervous until he reached his starting position, but the moment I heard the sound of ryuteki (the Japanese flute) I felt that I was witnessing a moment in history, and as if I knew every moment after that beforehand. I think it was probably because I was thinking that that could be the last SEIMEI performed in a competition, and I had to be ready to say goodbye to it (and Yuzu as a competitor.) Fortunately, I was completely wrong!:68468287:  However, every time I play SEIMEI at PyeongChang, I remember the strange feeling and become emotional from the beginning. I guess that we fans also lived the moment intensely in each of our own ways and that makes us re-live the experience whenever we re-watch the performance.