On 4/23/2018 at 5:01 PM, xeyra said:

John Coates, the IOC vice-president, mentions Yuzu's parade in a meeting related to Tokyo 2020 as something Japan needs to capitalize on for the summer Games.

https://english.kyodonews.net/tokyo/news/2018/04/995b2b91ed52-olympics-ioc-tells-tokyo-to-sharpen-up-after-successful-pyeongchang-games.html

On 4/23/2018 at 6:03 PM, ralucutzagy said:

Very nice article about Yuzu! Wow, Icenetwork, this is unexpected, tbh!

On 4/23/2018 at 7:00 AM, OonsieHui said:

Lol the vid of Yuzu recognizing his classmate!! 

That eyesight though... :knc_yuzu1:

On 4/23/2018 at 7:43 AM, sweetwater said:

It might have already been fully translated by someone, but let me share a full-translation of his speech before the parade to correct and complement what I posted yesterday.

Speech by Yuzuru Hanyu at the ceremony before his victory drive in Sendai on 22/4/2018:

"Thank you for creating this opportunity on this occasion, an opportunity for me to say "thank you". Thank you so much.

I am so grateful to all of you who have kindly offered support to this parade. I really want to thank you.

I am so glad to have won two consecutive titles and to be in a situation where I can say "I'm home" to Sendai bringing a gold medal. This gold medal on my chest now, I believe that it is here because of the countless cheers and support I received from you. I want to keep this joy and this scenery before me in my heart with your cheers and support as I go on with my life. Thank you so much for today."

Transcription of his speech in Japanese:

この度はこのような場を、「ありがとう」という言葉を言える場を作っていただき本当にありがとうございます。

このパレードにご支援してくださったすべての方々に感謝しています。本当にありがとうございます。

こうやって二連覇して、金メダルを持ってこの仙台に「ただいま」って言えるような状況になり、本当に嬉しく思います。この、今自分の胸の前にある金メダルというのは、本当に皆さんの多大な応援やご支援があったからこそだと、本当に思っています。この喜びとか、また今見える風景、そして皆さんがこうやって応援してくださる、その気持ちとか、声とか、そういうものをずっと胸に刻んでこれからも生きていきたいと思います。

本当に今日はありがとうございました。

On 4/23/2018 at 8:23 AM, Erin said:

On 4/23/2018 at 10:04 AM, sweetwater said:

According to "every" (an evening news show aired by Nihon TV), the total of donations and proceeds by selling T-shirts and wristbands surpassed the estimated expenses for the parade.

On 4/23/2018 at 12:16 PM, sweetwater said:

He may be wearing computer glasses or plain glasses?

Rewatched the footage of the ceremony before the parade and realized that the text on the testimonial was a bit like a very formal fan letter

https://i.imgur.com/kbgrAmW.jpg

"Certificate of merit

Mr. Hanyu,

in the men’s singles figure skating at 23rd Olympic Winger Games you captivated the whole world with your visionary, exquisite, and yet vibrant performances spun out from your soul as strong as steel and accomplished the feat of winning two consecutive titles for the first time in 66 years, which moved and energized many citizens of this country.

We, citizens of Miyagi prefecture are so proud of this and would like to praise you here for your achievement.

April 22nd, 2018

Motoharu Nakajima, Chairman of Miyagi prefectural assembly"

On 4/23/2018 at 6:22 PM, getsurenka said:

Because the parade is broadcasted by multiple channels, they combine the viewership of all five channels, and it reached a grand total of 48.9%

(Looks like we are not the only ones who would spend our time watching him waving and being cute.)

On 4/23/2018 at 7:08 PM, Erin said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA3mNg0anDg

Were they talking about Yuzu's no-look waving? :rofl: 

On 4/23/2018 at 10:25 PM, ralucutzagy said:

On 4/23/2018 at 10:40 PM, MrPudding said:

On 4/23/2018 at 10:42 PM, ralucutzagy said:

@echotpe

The designated G-SHOCK watch that Lotte collaborated with Yuzu as a gift of promotion has been shipped to this lucky fan.

It has feathers on the display! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

10 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

:thanks: @gladi

Hanyu’s Celebratory Parade ~ I will be the King Plunderer of Gazes! (Sponichi 2018.04.24  Photographer column)

Hide contents

Nagakubo Yutaka – May I take a picture? Series

The procession slowly approached and entered the shooting range of my 400mm lens. The official photographer in a red vest (t/n Sunao Noto) aboard the bus was pointing in my direction and saying something to Hanyu.

Through the viewfinder, our eyes met. Suddenly he looked 17 again, breaking into a big, big smile. And then he waved madly, yelling something ––

“TANAKA-SAAAAAN!!" 

From this day onward, I will be Tanaka-san. You got a problem with that?

:rofl: I love these photographer oji-sans and their relationship with Yuzu!

On 4/24/2018 at 10:32 AM, ralucutzagy said:

@Iron_Klaus

This is the music box that was given to #YuzuruHanyu. It plays #Chopin's #BalladeNo1. You can order it for 10,000 JPY

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbjwo0vUwAAkmvv.jpg

On 4/24/2018 at 10:36 AM, ralucutzagy said:

@Iron_Klaus

Over 100,000 fans visited the #YuzuruHanyu exhibit at #Nihonbashi #Takashimaya. The exhibit now moves onto #Osaka.

On 4/24/2018 at 10:51 AM, MrPudding said:

@tiniestqueen

"... i have learnt a lot of my rivals, in fact, i've been training for six years with who has always been my biggest rival. we had difficult moments, but we got over them"

javi ;;;

:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

On 4/25/2018 at 2:55 AM, souyouki said:

So it looks like Nippon TV will be covering the Emperor's Garden Party on the news show Miyaneya at 155pm Japan time:

http://www.ytv.co.jp/miyaneya/

Summary:

"大韓航空で今度は母のパワハラ映像流出疑惑!?韓国財閥どうなってるの?

速報!春の園遊会…金メダリストたちの表情は"

Translation:

-Leaked video of Korean Air family matriarch's bullying? What is happening with Korean conglomerates?

-News Update! The Emperor's Spring Garden Party... and our gold medallists' expressions

So I don't think they'll be livestreaming it, but there will be coverage.  Here's hopping it isn't a Mezamashi-esque 10 seconds of :2:...

(Edited to add: for those of you with FujiTV, the channel is 003 日テレ)

On 4/25/2018 at 3:52 AM, yude said:

We've been worried about the weather, but it was officially announced the imperial garden party was going to be held as planned. I hope they are all safe and have good time! And I believe all TV news will cover this event, so let's be ready:party2:

On 4/25/2018 at 5:37 AM, SparkleSalad said:

Photo exhibition in Osaka today

20 cash registers so not much waiting to buy goods but keyrings and magnets sold out in 30 minutes! 

ETA It seems they might be considering selling these by mail order along with the kewpies and canvas art!

Emperor’s garden party (I'll keep on updating this post)

Spoiler
19 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Mr Hanyu didn't bring his gold medal again? (The party has started.)

@shimaykkkt

園遊会始まります。羽生さん、金メダル持参していないようです

Or maybe it's still in his sock. :P

19 hours ago, MrPudding said:

@ayako_nkd

中田 絢子 hat 中田 絢子 retweetet

羽生選手、すごい人気で、会場に到着された時はなかなかの騒ぎになったそうです。

of course a big commotion as well

19 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Chatting with Nao Kodaira and co. 

@shimaykkkt

羽生結弦さん、小平奈緒さんらと歓談してます

18 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Talking with their majesties.

@shimaykkkt

園遊会、両陛下が羽生結弦さんと歓談中です。

Discussing his rehabilitation with the Empress

@shimaykkkt

園遊会、羽生結弦さん、皇后さまにリハビリの状況を話しています

Chatting with the Crown Prince about rehabilitation. He said he was able to do what he wanted to do at the Olympics. 

@shimaykkkt

園遊会 羽生結弦さん、皇太子さまと歓談中。リハビリ中。オリンピックでは自分がやりたいことができた、と説明

18 hours ago, MrPudding said:

@axelsandwich

Yuzu chatting to Hisako-sama about the parade. Says he’s normally looking up at the audience but was from a place looking down during the parade. Says the height was okay with a smile

https://twitter.com/shimaykkkt/status/989021455940706304

17 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:
Yuzuru "My arms are so short - it's a really big problem!" Hanyu

@shimaykkkt

園遊会、羽生結弦さんが退場されました

17 hours ago, dotsquare said:

I'm not super duper sure but I think the gist of what he was saying was that even though he got injured and couldn't practice well right before the Olympics, he was backed up by all the training he had done up to that point. 

17 hours ago, MrPudding said:

@Iron_Klaus

Last year, #NoriakiKasai said that #YuzuruHanyu wouldn't stop talking. Every time you see him this year, he's talking non-stop. #Emperor's #Garden #Party

17 hours ago, Floria said:

@Iron_Klaus

They mentioned this in the studio too, but the #Emperor and #Empress spent quite a long time with #YuzuruHanyu. When he mentioned that he had other things to do during his period of the ice, he was asked what he did and he explained that he did research related to skating.

17 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

@Iron_Klaus

"I was told that #PrincessMako and #PrincessKako held hands while watching me skate, cheering me on." #YuzuruHanyu

https://twitter.com/yp1_ydct/status/989033442364002308

17 hours ago, kaeryth said:

@Iron_Klaus

"To what details did you pay attention to when choosing the suit you're wearing?" "I chose something with a slender cut that would fit my body well." #YuzuruHanyu #Emperor's #Garden #Party

https://twitter.com/yp1_ydct/status/989032776656674817

How about the arm length though? :biggrin:

Anyway, here's the most important photo of the event..

Why couldn't he be placed between Ayumu and Nao-chan? :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

@Iron_Klaus

Some men in the entertainment business continue to say they are afraid of #AkikoWada, but #YuzuruHanyu is fearless.

https://twitter.com/momo_yuzuru/status/989025294932676608

17 hours ago, Floria said:

16 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Rough translation:

I met Hanyu-kun! He told me that he always sees me on TV so I told him 'I always watch you on TV too.  The time when you were injured must have been really tough! You really moved me, thank you!'. Also, he taught me how to take a selfie! Looks like it came out on the 'Wide Show' 

16 hours ago, kaeryth said:

16 hours ago, kaeryth said:

@Iron_Klaus

#YuzuruHanyu short interview about what he discussed with the Imperial family. Source: https://twitter.com/tyugaeri/status/989035660685213696

14 hours ago, kaeryth said:

@Iron_Klaus

According to #YoshiharuHabu's wife, he is a fan of #YuzuruHanyu and sometimes when he sees #羽生 in the news he perks-up and is very disappointed when he finds out it's about himself, and not Yuzuru.

Let this be the start of a cute friendship...

13 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Quick translation of Yuzu's conversation with the Emperor and Empress! Halfway through so I'll update with the rest shortly :)

Emperor: Congratulations. 
YH: Thank you.
Emperor: You practiced quite a bit, didn't you?
YH: Yes, that's right. Since I got injured, I couldn't practice well right before the Olympics. But I think I became very well practised because of my training regime up to that point.
Emperor: I see. But I'm sure you took a lot of care when practicing after you got injured. 
YH: Definitely. I learned a lot. Even when I couldn't practice, there was a lot for me to study so in a way, it think it became a good opportunity.
Emperor: When you say you studied when you couldn't practice, what sorts of things did you study?

YH: I studied things like anatomy, the way my body moves, things like that. I figured that in terms of knowledge, there was a lot that I should acquire.

Emperor: Is that so? So I guess, in that sense, you developed in that time.

YH: Yes, that's right. When I practice normally, there are always things I miss, so I think this was a great opportunity.
EMperor: Yes, for sure. But it was quite a difficult time as well, wasn't it?
YH: Yes it was tough, but I'll keep working hard. 

Emperor: Get some good results. Congratulations again, honestly.
Empress: *asks about his injury*
YH: There is still one month of rehabilatation left. I can skate to some extent. As for my foot, the things I am doing now I can do without pain.  
Empress: How excellent. The Sendai parade was lovely. 

Empress: Everyone was so happy.
YH: Definitely. I feel that at a time like this, I'm really glad I became a skater. And through this parade we were able to raise money for the reconstruction efforts so I really think it was thanks to everyone. 
Empress: Take care of your body. *she says other stuff but her voice is too soft for me to pick up!*

12 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Part 2: the interview 

YH: I was nervous, but the Imperial family said very kind words to me. They became a great source of power in this time when I will be continuing to fulfill my duty and contrbiute to the reconstruction efforts. 
Q: Do you have any complaints or nitpicks about your suit today?
YH: Well...I like my suits to be as slender as possible so you can see my form properly. 
YH: Mako-sama and Kako-sama told me they clutched eachother's hands while cheering me on, and that the moment my program was over, they felt a sense of accomplishment and happiness.

Note: My Japanese is far from perfect so if there are any inaccuracies you guys pick up on, please let me know :) 

13 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Ton-ton...... Yuzuuuuu... :13877886:

@yuzueco

At the end of the interview for Habu × Hanyu, someone patted Ms. Habu's shoulder. It was Hanyu-kun. She told him that many of her followers are also his fans and cheer him up together. And His response was "Yes, I know that. I read them."

https://twitter.com/usaginoheso/status/989054723989917698

@yuzueco

Sorry! I misunderstood. He didn't touch her shoulders. He said [ Ton-ton] to call her from her back. But the rest is the same. *ton-ton is an onomatopoeia of the description of knocking the door or patting someone's shoulder. Which is even cuter I guess.. Anyways, help me please.

Kyodo News

@kyodo_sports_en

#YuzuruHanyu leads group of #Japan's champions from #Pyeongchang2018 #Olympics at spring garden party hosted by Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko. #羽生結弦 #FigureSkating

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2018/04/3e39e77445e1-hanyu-and-fellow-olympic-champions-attend-imperial-garden-party.html

13 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

@echotpe

Princess Mako told Yuzu that she and younger sister hold hands together to cheer for him while watching his competition at Olympics via TV. They also felt great achievement of his gold result.

https://www.asahi.com/articles/photo/AS20180425004215.html

13 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

@echotpe

Empress: "It was a nice parade in Sendai (last Sunday)." Yuzu: "I wanted to thank those people who involved and participated at parade which create the consumption in reconstruction area.”

https://twitter.com/Sankei_news/status/989090272079425536

10 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Mr Hanyu made it to The Guardian "Best Photographs of the Day" :biggrin:

Tokyo, Japan

Olympics figure skating gold medalist Yuzuru Hanyu cleans his shoe during the Imperial spring garden party at the Akasaka Palace

Photograph: Eugene Hoshiko/AP

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/993f1f1ad5c740121297c96696c0f78fc161c780/0_0_3000_2000/master/3000.jpg?w=1010&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=68aef2a80f072aa5a25217ef11dff513

source

9 minutes ago, Sammie said:

@echotpe

The conversation between Yuzu, emperor and empress of Japan in English subtitles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQUIQPO5nnE

end