6 hours ago, xeyra said:

5 hours ago, xeyra said:

5 hours ago, xeyra said:

3 hours ago, kaerb said:

So the pianist is 21-yo Kanon Matsuda and I feel like she kind of has a bit of 夫妻相 with Yuzu actually (夫妻相 is a Chinese word that means they kind of have a 'couple look' to them, which generally means they kind of look similar/give off compatible vibes in appearance/aura).

Yuzu's doing the common thing of people used to being interviewed (and not experienced at being an interviewer) which is relating the conversation back to himself. That is, understandably, his point of reference but since Kanon seems extremely shy, she would generally require some more questions and teasing out details from a more experienced interviewer, so it sort of turns into his own monologue LOL. But it was interesting to hear him talk/ramble anyway so : P

Pt 2/5 speed translation (usual disclaimer applies: getting the general gist, corrections welcome etc.)

Yuzu: After listening to this performance myself, I thought 'wow, I really want to skate to this piano music.' It was a wonderful performance. 

What sort of memories do you have of this Chopin?

Kanon: I was raised in Kagawa-ken. It was after having a recital in Kagawa-ken, we decided to record my debut CD so it is a song with a lot of memories

Yuzu: I actually listened to that CD many times. Do you imagine a story in this song?

Kanon: Yes, I actually imagine a different story every time. This time, I was thinking of Galsworthy's Forsyte Saga and the feeling that Soames had towards Irene* when playing the music.

Yuzu: Amazing. You really read lots of books right?

Kanon: Yes, I love it.

Yuzu: Hmmm... I don't read books at all

Kanon: Well you're very busy...

Yuzu: For this Chopin, I don't really have a story or anything I want to particularly convey before the start of the performance, but rather it is conveyed in the middle of my performance. I put myself in the performance and try to assimilate myself with the music. What I was thinking watching you perform, I was noticing the way you added power, the way you breathed and the way you emphasised your breathing and how you phrased (?) the music. I thought it really resembled the way skaters performed their programs. Of course, we don't make sound ourselves but I really thought there were similarities in the way we had a sense for the performance. 

Kanon: Ah, I'm very happy, thank you very much

Yuzu: I learnt I really must make a program like this 

Kanon: No, no, it's enough. I have also been watching you skate on TV since the Sochi Olympics. Your passion and energy was really amazing. I apologise for only saying very simple things...

Yuzu: No no... hmm... how to put this. If it's related to what sort of things we want to remember about the song's theme, there's a feeling of wanting to produce more and more sprouting out... somehow...how to say this. For me, within myself... there are things that I can use in my skate, there's so many things like life...it all keeps spinning. I mean, we are all spinning while skating but there's a feeling like you can't stop** 

*girl is well read, impressive : D

**okay this part was confusing LOL I...think he's talking about the feeling the song gives out - of continuous blooming and that he's always thinking about things he can incorporate from life into his skate, but that's kind of my interpretation. 

31 minutes ago, Floria said:

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

17 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

17 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

9 hours ago, kaerb said:

LOL @ the Matsuoka interview mostly because Matsuoka's face at various points is my true spirit animal. True speed translation, ie. quick dot point summary but I had to share bc trust yuzu

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64sxym

• Yuzu wants to win decisively and his ideal skate is a situation where everyone skates clean and, on top of them all, he skates cleanly to win
  • The closest he's come to that ideal was the 2015 GPF where everyone skated 'cleanly' (in the sense of giving their best performance overall) and Yuzu also gave his 'best' performance and won
  • On using the same SP and FS: Yuzu said he chose Seimei without hesitation since GPF 2015 so he had always thought he'd bring it out for the Olympics season
  • Matsuoka: 'I didn't think that! Because you did that so well! You got the best score, given how much you suffered and cried over it...I felt like wouldn't it be better to stop instead of going further?'
  • Yuzu: 'Yes that may be true but I think with the skills I have now, I can make a better program.'
  • He's improved his artistry and many different elements (gained from experience) and so in the Olympics, he wants to put out a more complete program
  • On Yuzu's thoughts towards the Olympics: Of course, he thinks of it as a special competition. He really wants the gold medal from the bottom of his heart. It is also a huge 'another chance will not come' pressure. At Sochi after the gold, he thought 'I want to perform that again so I can win with a perfect performance' but he couldn't do it over. But now he's aiming for the title once again. So if he doesn't do it properly now, there's no other time to do this properly. So therefore everything he's done this season has been for that. 
  • Matsuoka (to other interviewers): He was truly in 'Olympic mode'. You don't really say that you 'want to win decisively' so Matsuoka's sort of in awe about it and how bluntly and decisively he has an image of everything.
  • Yuzu thinks 'figure skating is definitely still fun, because there are all these new skaters, rivals and amazing people appearing'. Yuzu's suffered tens of times more than a normal person with injuries etc., but he's also been able to experience several times the happiness. He's chosen a path more difficult than anyone after Sochi and so Matsuoka wants to see him happy at Pyeongchang
  • Matsuoka: '[Yuzu] has the confidence - not merely the goal - to surpass his records.' Seeing Yuzu with the attitude of 'there's no option but to win' made Matsuoka see the beauty of sports

11 hours ago, xeyra said:

First part of the GROWING talk subbed in English and Spanish (so, basically, just the 'sweating after hearing Chopin' part! :laughing:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_cXPvl0dAg

10 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

As usual @gladi to the rescue!

Yuzuru Hanyu x Kanon Matsuda: A conversation

she subbed the whole video :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: plus the blurbs in the text post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCpblJDoF6E

7 hours ago, kaeryth said:

@¯\_(ツ)_/¯'s translation of Yuzu's interview with Shuzo Matsuoka posted! :bow:

https://planethanyu.com/topic/425-video-20171016-tv-asahi-interview-ws-matsuoka/

Rostelecom Cup 2017

On 10/17/2017 at 5:04 PM, ralucutzagy said:

On 10/17/2017 at 5:16 PM, ralucutzagy said:

On 10/17/2017 at 5:30 PM, sweetwater said:

On 10/17/2017 at 5:32 PM, ralucutzagy said:

On 10/17/2017 at 5:40 PM, ralucutzagy said:

On 10/17/2017 at 5:42 PM, MrPudding said:

On 10/17/2017 at 5:45 PM, sweetwater said:

On 10/17/2017 at 6:06 PM, ralucutzagy said:

On 10/17/2017 at 5:29 PM, freeyafanfan said:

video clip of the little interview on the airport!

https://twitter.com/sponichisports/status/920307813246820353