On 8/17/2017 at 4:12 PM, kamotejojo said:

Sorry for going off topic, guys. If you're waiting for Pino's uploads, last night's Your Time and today's clips are under the cut.

5 hours ago, MrPudding said:

BRIAN ORSER SPEAKS ABOUT OLYMPIC PROSPECTS (2017.08.18 KAHOKU)

Part of Kahoku Shinbun’s spread on Hanyu on 2017.08.18: 
Hanyu Evolution––Confidence without conceit. 
Toward successive Olympic victory for the first time in 66 years

Olympic Prospects according to Coach Brian Orser
Toward mature, new performances

–––– Both SP (Chopin’s Ballade No.1) and FP will be repeated from two seasons ago.
BO   “Both programs are masterpieces and worthy of the Olympics. I think it is the right choice. Even if the music remains the same, both the jumps and the choreography have been changed. Both fans and judges should be able to see them as new performances, and beloved programs.” “[Yuzu] has made strides compared to two seasons ago on both the technical front, and mentally as well. Therefore, even though it’s the same music, he will show matured performances on a whole new level. I myself love these programs, so I am immensely thrilled about another showing of them.”

–––– What is Hanyu’s current condition?
BO   “He came back to Toronto about six weeks ago. He has gone through very concentrated training since, and his condition is great. So great that I’d say he would be ready even if the Olympics were to happen next week.” 

–––– What’s different now, compared to how it was before the Sochi Olympics?
BO   "Four years ago, Hanyu was still in his teens and I had also just started to coach him, so there was a need for us to get to know each other. Now we are able to communicate on a deeper level. We take the time after each training session, and discuss various things. Actually building a good relationship.”

–––– As the coach, do you feel the pressure of defending the Olympic title?
BO   “(With a smile) Of course I feel it. What I want for my skaters is for them to bring out their best. We go through a lot of training in order to be able to do that.”

Translated by gladi. source

:thanks:

On 8/18/2017 at 5:09 AM, MrPudding said:

Gladi also translated the show with Nobu.  

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5x70n4

2017.08.17 Asachan Weekly Figure Skate 
Oda Nobunari on Hanyu Yuzuru program choices

0:22
YH: There is no point if I don’t win. If I do this program, 100% I can exceed it, right?

02:01
YH: I am doing Ballade for SP and SEIMEI for FP this season––SEIMEI is a SEIMEIwith a completely different composition, so different that it’s worth a title change in my mind. I will work hard and aim for [a level of] performance such that the audience will think so too. 

02:24
Ishii (the male announcer to the left): Well, let’s talk to Oda-san. So, bringing the same programs…

Oda: In the figure skating world––well, you all might already know––that happens quite a lot. There are even people who use [the same programs] three or four times. Amongst these––and after all, Ballade and SEIMEI were programs that broke world records at the time, so of course there is quite a good mental image even [in Hanyu’s own mind]. **. Hanyu-kun said it too, but the layout has changed a lot, so I think the audience’s impression [of the program] would also end up quite different.

**(やっぱそういうプログラムでぞんずみたいって気持ちもすごくわかりますし。Either bad pronunciation or a slip of tongue here. A bunch of native speakers weighed in and all had differing views. @tadakixd thanks for puzzling over this with me! \o/)

Ishii: Truly, many parts have been revised [in this version]. Especially with the quads. One, two, three quads. Remember this please. Only [one quad] in the second half. It used to be this layout [in the past]. The layout this time has become this (03:28). Oda-san, five quads, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. And––(Natsume interjects: additionally, three quads are in the second half!)––that’s right! In the second half with 1.1 multiplier on BV. 1, 2, 3 quads. Oda-san, that is immense!

Oda: That’s right! Already––this already––even to Hanyu-kun too, is MAX difficulty (makes X sign). Exactly because it is MAX difficulty, that it is done this Olympic season. If it were me and what I would do in terms of the layout, I would go with the layout I already have and do it properly. Well, that is the option that the average, mediocre skater like me (t/n Nobu?!!?) would go for. But this is an “attack.” This many quads––because the men’s figure skating field is heating up. And “I won’t win if I don’t attack” is a very Hanyu-esque sentiment, isn’t it?

Natsume (the female announcer to the right): His expression too, year by year––(gestures to indicate climbing up a ladder, nods)

Oda: Oh yes, indeed! And this program too, there are many big revisions to the transitions in between elements, and steps too, so the [audience’s] impression would change completely as well.

source

1 hour ago, katonice said:

Aug 26 (Sat) 24Hr TV

★Tonight Finally 24Hr TV 40!
NTV 11:20~11:25 

★Charity Report Special
BS NTV 13:00~14:00

★Broadcasting Soon!Highlights Special
BSNTV 14:00~15:00

★Pre-Live Broadcast Special
NTV 15:30~16:55

On 8/18/2017 at 4:47 PM, katonice said:

Aug 19 (Sat) Yuzu schedule programs

(Unclear whether Yuzu will have an appearance in these programs)

1:30~1:35 24Hr TV Countdown 5 NTV

(Tentative)ズムサタ (t/n: not sure what this means)  NTV

6:15~6:30 Legend Program 2011 Rostelecom Cup CS TV Asahi 2

18:00~18:30 Hamanabi  Tvk