1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

Hmm so far all of our monthly Yuzu appearances...

12 March:

17 April: 

6 May:

11 June:

11 “Jully”: ISU Awards (+the short promo video from a few days before that)

So there seems to be no pattern to the dates... except the past 2 months he has been appearing on the 11th, which is tomorrow...?

On 8/11/2020 at 7:28 AM, SuzyQ said:

This is a good article by Tsutomu Takasu, photographer.

I'll try to translate it tonight, but hopefully there may be a better and quicker translator.

https://real-sports.jp/page/articles/422376074614145985

On 8/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, FlyingCamel said:

On 8/11/2020 at 1:50 PM, SuzyQ said:

Quick translation of the article by Mr. Tsutomu Takasu. (Not so quick actually :animal0070: )

https://real-sports.jp/page/articles/422376074614145985

Yuzuru Hanyu continues to take on challenges in the harsh world he has created himself.  Photographer Tsutomu Takasu gives us a glimpse of his true face

At the moment an athlete shines, we are thrilled and excited, and moved to tears at times.  The photographer waits for such a moment through the viewfinder to capture them forever.  Standing on the same field as the athletes stand and not missing any of their moves, there are scenes that can be felt.

Yuzuru Hanyu, also known as the “absolute champion” by the media, was however going through a tougher time than ever before last season.  How did he look in the eyes of Tsutomu Takasu, a photographer, who has been pursuing many sports scenes including figure skating?  We asked him to tell us the real face of the athlete he saw:

" The harsh world created by Yuzuru Hanyu.  A perpetual challenger who always aims for the higher level.

When I'm taking photos of sports, what I put most importance on is the facial expressions of the athletes.  To be precise, I’m particular about the position of their eyes.  In that sense, Yuzuru Hanyu is the best subject.  At a press conference, while listening to his rivals talking, he is staring at one point, then nodding with a big smile.  He is always very expressive.  My most favorite thing about him is his murderous eyes.

I've been following his every move, literally from the moment he arrives on the scene to the moment he leaves the rink. I don't know any other athlete like him.  Why do I keep chasing him?  Of course, I have to respond to the needs as it’s my job.  However, even if it’s my job, I am not such a hard-working man that I can keep up with it all the time.  I once thought there might be some other reason.

In writing this article, I was looking for the reasons, and I found a few things that came to mind, so I'd like to share them with you.

I think that the world of figure skating has changed before and after Hanyu, as the framework of two opposing advantages; "highly difficult jumps vs. expressiveness", which was a hot topic about 10 years ago, no longer holds true.  Nowadays, you can't talk about figure skating without quad jumps.  It requires more difficult jumps and more beautiful skating.  It is definitely Hanyu who has created such a world of figure skating.

But the world he wanted to live in was harsh.  The quad jumps hurt his ankles mercilessly.  Still, he would not give up.  He keeps challenging.  The media that want to hype up might call him the absolute champion, but I don't see it that way.  He is a man who is always aiming for even higher levels and is willing to take risks in order to reach there.  To put it in a cool way, he's a perpetual challenger, but put simply, he has a ultimate competitive spirit and hates to lose.  He does not care where his interests lie.  Losing in a competition is out of the question. He doesn't even like to lose to himself yesterday.

Last season, he spoke of his wish "to skate without injury through the season".  I guess that's because he has been suffering from injuries over the past years, but it was a bit surprising to me.  Did you blame me if I would say he had matured?  I thought he had chosen to endure for the challenge aiming a new world in the next season.  But after all he is not a man who can contain himself inherently.  He didn't get injured, but he couldn't win.  I think the sudden announcement in February that he was going to change his programs meant it was the limits of his patience.  I nodded when I heard the news, saying to myself, "I knew it, that's what Yuzuru Hanyu is.”

I think that I can watch him all the time because he's such a competitive guy.

There was another thing I noticed last season.  It was at Skate Canada.  During the practice, he picked up a bottle with a red liquid in it.

“Oh, was it that color last year?  I wonder what it tastes like.  Smoothie type? No, it's not viscous, so maybe it's a sports drink?”

I was really surprised to realize that I was thinking like that while shooting.

Is this the so-called (Hanyu) swamp? "

EDIT:  Sorry, I have changed "control himself" to "contain himself", with some minor changes.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:12 PM, Veveco said:

I love seeing the answers/RT to this tweet.

So far I've seen English, Turkish, Malay, French,  Russian, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Indonesian, Arabic, 

Hindi, Tagalog, Chinese, Croatian, Spanish and Greek.

(No Japanese yet :laughing:)

On 8/12/2020 at 1:07 PM, FlyingCamel said:

7 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Yuzu is nominated for TCCAsia’s most handsome faces of 2020! Not sure how to vote though? Do you just like the post on instagram?

ETA: according to google translate you have to follow the page on instagram, and like and comment on the Yuzu post!

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

Hey we finally know what the bottom part of the Aladdin costume looks like :D It's very tame in the end.

2 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

3 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

These gentlemen are thanking Yuzu for supporting the Hanyu Yuzuru Line Stamp Project which funded disaster relief activities. Their community had  suffered severe flooding damage from last year's Typhoon #19 and they lacked the means of transportation for their recovery efforts.  Through the funds, they were able to purchase this small truck to assist in their recovery activities.  In these photos they wanted to convey their thanks to Yuzu.  

https://twitter.com/saa_yuzu/status/1293889211192369152?s=20

On 8/14/2020 at 1:59 PM, FlyingCamel said:

15-year-old Marko Piliar showed his new programmes on his instagram stories: skating to Otonal and H&L!

Some of you may remember him, he made his JGP debut last year and both his SP and FS were tributes to Yuzu in both the costume and music choice:

On 8/15/2020 at 7:41 AM, Fay said:

A video guide through Elizabeth Peyton exhibition

On 8/15/2020 at 9:40 AM, Fay said:

People watching Yuzu’s Chopin at the Olympics in an electronic store

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4537253893177348?from=old_pc_videoshow

On 8/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, Fay said:

On 8/15/2020 at 7:42 PM, amylance1215 said:

Google translate:

"[Ch2] Ice show "Continues ~with Wings~" with a report of the triumphant return of the Pyeongchang Olympics and thanks to the fans for three days on August 30 (Sun), September 5 (Sat), and September 6 (Sun)  ”Long-awaited rebroadcast # Yuzuru Hanyu #CWW Look forward to it!"

On 8/16/2020 at 5:34 AM, BWOZWaltz said:

This tweet has link to dailymotion videos of Yuzu performance of the past 24hr TV since 2014.

I know they are all old ones but all videos are listed in one tweet so it's handy for quick access whenever you need them :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

On 8/16/2020 at 7:09 AM, sweetwater said:

Self-promotion post: Yuzuru Hanyu Online Exhibition held by Yomiuri Shimbun has been extended until the end of this month. They also shared another short video lecture by Wakasugi last Thursday, so I posted a translation in the Translation sub-forum. Please take a look if you are interested.

https://planethanyu.com/topic/1230-yuzuru-hanyu-online-exhibition-short-lectures-on-photos-by-kazuki-wakasugi/

11 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

This must be a homage to Yuzu's Origin right?!! Right?!!! I mean, the color scheme, the flower and butterfly, and Yuzu lemon?!! Looks beautiful :201111231756430f6:

Edit: Ah yes, so it is inspired by Origin~ and the owner is Yuzu's fan :68556365:

5 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

On 8/18/2020 at 5:52 AM, yumeaki said:

Why does this look like photo of wax figures from Madame Tussauds :lol:

(except they look more accurate than most exhibited in the museum...)

On 8/19/2020 at 6:36 AM, Melodie said:

Crumbs? :peekapooh:

PS: The white wall is back at full force. I reckon that this means we all rise at dawn, yes? :grin:

On 8/19/2020 at 7:01 AM, amylance1215 said:

On 8/19/2020 at 7:05 AM, Melodie said:

New videos everyday until the 25th? :peekapooh:

On 8/19/2020 at 7:15 AM, IceWings said:

Looks like Yuzu will be answering one question per day from 8/19 - 8/25. Lots of crumbs for us!!! :loveshower:

Google Translate:

From today (August 19) to the lunar calendar Tanabata (August 25), put it every day at 12:07 China time (13:07 Japan time) (one question a day )

On 8/19/2020 at 9:23 AM, sallycinnamon said:

On 8/19/2020 at 9:52 AM, sweetwater said:

A snippet of the interview

Looks like he says he is wondering if this will change the world. He says he's been trying to wear masks as much as possible and to disinfect things as much as possible. He also says he is spending each day thinking about what he can do now.

On 8/19/2020 at 4:09 PM, sweetwater said:

Sorry for being off-current-topic, but Nanakita area, the home of Nanakita elementary school where Yuzu graduated from, and where this happened, seems to have made an area guide map in which Numata Bizen, who contributed the development of the area 400 years ago introduces the history of the area with "Yuzuru kun, an outgoing elementary school pupil"

Yuzuru kun... spelling of your name is a bit different from the Yuzuru kun we know, but you look so familiar........:biggrin:

On 8/19/2020 at 8:48 PM, Fay said:

Did anyone bring this along - this has English subtitles. 

On 8/19/2020 at 11:40 PM, FlyingCamel said:

Yuzu’s beauty is timeless - it shines through regardless of gender and regardless of any kind of societal beauty standards!

On 8/20/2020 at 6:18 AM, kiches said:

Today’s Citizen video is out!

https://m.weibo.cn/u/2030123513

On 8/20/2020 at 6:32 AM, Veveco said:

On 8/20/2020 at 8:47 AM, FlyingCamel said:

Busy now so I can’t translate the whole thing but looks like there is some contest on Weibo where you submit a video of yourself planking and the one who can hold it for the longest gets an autographed Yuzu photo!

Maybe in a while someone will do a full translation or I can do it later!

On 8/20/2020 at 9:48 AM, FlyingCamel said:

So the Citizen post on Weibo says:

Limited time event for Qixi festival

Did you enjoy today’s Yuzu video? Did you get how to plank? What are you waiting for? Time to move! C-chan will give you an activity where you rely on strength instead of luck! Win a Yuzuru Hanyu autographed photo with your own abilities! “C-chan supports you competition” starts now! (T/n: the name of the contest is kind of a word play on the chinese translation of “plank”)

Activity time: from now until august 25 2020 12:07PM (I presume China time)

Activity details: record a video of yourself doing a plank, the one who uploads a video of themselves holding a plank in proper form for the longest time before the contest ends to win an autographed picture from Yuzuru Hanyu! 

Activity rules: proper form (ps: c-chan will watch you intently!) In the video there needs to be some kind of stopwatch displayed (pps: c-chan needs to clearly see the time on the stopwatch, they will consider the duration you held the plank properly and not the duration of the video)

For more details, proper planking form and joining process please see the pictures below.

(And then here they post the links for joining the group and the links for uploading your video)

Go everyone!!

So in this post Citizen uploads 3 photos:

photo 1: basically describing more rules in detail. Every weibo ID can only upload one video, if you upload more than one video they will only consider the first one uploaded. You cannot edit the video after posting it, or you will be disqualified. The proper form will be according to the one uploaded by Citizen, if you are not holding proper form you will be disqualified. The final results will be considered using your first upload before the contest time ends. In the video you need to show some kind of stopwatch showing your plank duration (like a watch, stopwatch on your phone etc) and you have to show the timer moving and clearly displayed. Citizen owns all rights to this event.

Photo 2: a picture of a lady doing a plank with a stopwatch beside her. I assume this is the picture that Citizen is using as an example of proper form and display of the stopwatch. 

Photo 3: “c-chan supports you” battle plan:

1) Click the link to join the group on weibo
2) after joining the group, watch the notices and videos

3) upload your video according to the rules

4) fill up a questionaire

5) wait for the results to be announced

every weibo ID only has one chance to join.

this is the link to the post on weibo: 

https://m.weibo.cn/2030123513/4540006788771558

In the post you will see the links to join the group etc! They don’t specify if you have to be in China to do this, but you do need a weibo account to join and I know it’s hard to make a weibo account in some countries... :( 

On 8/21/2020 at 6:37 AM, yuzuangel said:

1 hour ago, yuzuru_hanyu_is_an_angel said:

I feel so bad for posting here so many times in a row (how do you merge posts?) but C-chan's new video- 

1 hour ago, Ladysci said:

C-chan has posted the question/ answer for today. Don’t know how to embed links correctly. But the link in this tweet will bring you to the clip. 

And here is the rough translation. Nice smile---love the don't play games part.

Jean (@jinx_3A) Tweeted:
Q: Have you been doing school/classes online recently? Can you share your insights? Like how to stop yourself from gaming while using electronic devices to study?
Yuzu: I have been doing school/classes online. Normally I learn/study on my own. It takes will power to take the initiative to study. It's something very difficult. But if you overcome this, you'll gain new knowledge. So please do your best (Ganbatte), on't play games during class.

... https://twitter.com/jinx_3A/status/1297024371891068931?s=20

On 8/22/2020 at 10:30 AM, Anni said:

Yuzu part on 24 hour TV

So many Yuzu-Crumbs for us :8788161:

On 8/22/2020 at 12:41 PM, BWOZWaltz said:

On 8/22/2020 at 1:31 PM, Fay said:

16 hours ago, Ladysci said:

Today’s C-chan question/ answer is posted . Here’s a link and good translation on twitter.

I could actually understand what he said mostly, but couldn’t understand the question since I can’t read Chinese. That smile at the end.

lae (@axelsandwich) Tweeted:
Q: But at times when I don't feel like doing that or I'm stressed...I… just stay like that (laughs). I think it can't be helped, so I try to admit that to myself instead of forcing myself to work hard/pointlessly https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1297392714661519360?s=20

A copy of her tweet:

"Q: How do you adjust when your mood is low? What do you do when you're feeling a lot of pressure or lack of motivation?

A: When I'm feeling down, let's see...I listen to music I like & try to lift my mood through getting into the rhythm & humming along. But at times when I don't feel like doing that or I'm stressed...I… just stay like that (laughs). I think it can't be helped, so I try to admit that to myself instead of forcing myself to work hard/pointlessly"

14 hours ago, Fay said:

Just for the sake of having the video too! 

14 hours ago, Fay said:

It seems to be about 3D capture of motion in figure skating. Something about 3A (of course!)

14 hours ago, kiches said:

14 hours ago, sweetwater said:

The video interview aired today

ETA: @kiches beat me to it!

13 hours ago, IceWings said:

2 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

The gist of the interview:
They interviewed Yuzu on August 13th. 
As said in the promo clip, he has been wearing masks as much as possible and disinfecting things as much as possible. In figure skating, skaters cannot avoid touching their boots to take care of them before and after their practice, but the boots touch the floor that is supposed to be infected by the virus. He also has the routine to touch the skate guards with his forehead. He says that he thought he had to be extra careful about such things. 
While shows and competitions got canceled and he could not train, he focused on studying, and as you've already known, he finished writing his graduation thesis about how motion capture technology can contribute to figure skating, exploring the possibilities of using it to improve skaters' technique of jumping or using it in AI-supported judging.
As to COVID and supporting health care professional, he thinks to try not to get and spread the virus is the best support for them, and he says that he is thinking that we can move forward to the future after recovery by avoiding actions that would possibly spread the infection.
He says he is waiting for the day he can skate freely in front of everyone without the slightest anxieties and worries (both in his and spectators' minds I guess) and people can freely voice their reactions, freely laugh and cry.

13 hours ago, Fay said:

Time for some detective work, Fanyus - there’s the program Yuzu used in his thesis

12 hours ago, Fay said:

The technology wasn’t cheap... 

11 hours ago, Fay said:

10 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

9 hours ago, sweetwater said:

It depends on how he did his experiments... but the device may not be so expensive compared to some of the audio devices he already has... 

I tried to read the thesis too :68468287: The part shown on TV looked like a discussion on the motion capture's abilities and limitations in capturing figure skating movements. Wish I could read the whole thing!

By the way, he appeared in the 24TV in another way. This is a live-painted fan depicted Sendai's local festivals painted by Hikaru Saotome, who was born in Sendai as well, and the figure dancing in the center is Yuzu dancing Suzume Odori (sparrow dance)

ETA: Found a snippet of the segment

8 hours ago, Veveco said:

The graduation status is still in Schrödinger's cat state, but congratulations Yuzu for completing your thesis :dancingpooh:

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

5 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

2 hours ago, Fay said:

On 8/23/2020 at 11:09 PM, TallyT said:

On 8/24/2020 at 1:21 AM, Fay said:

On 8/24/2020 at 7:22 AM, Ladysci said:

Today's C-chan question answer, translated by the Tweeter, not me. Guess he really loves his earbuds and audio equipment, a very expected answer! Hope this works. Hope some kind Sat will teach how to easily embed videos, please....

"Today’s question appears to be about what he’d want to do if he wasn’t an athlete

Yuzu: if I were to be in a profession unrelated to sports... I think a job (involving) making and adjusting speakers [laughs] and earbuds/phones.

Yuzu: Also, if not involving training, or I couldn’t take time exceeding what I can in my day to day life, I think I’d like to do research in various fields, researching about a variety of things."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1297750639938805762

18 hours ago, Anni said:

Another translation from Kikuchi San's book

15 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

12 hours ago, Fay said:

The news got around to Phil Hersh 

Yuzuru blinked 25 times in 36 seconds... according to wikipedia the average adult blinks 10 times a minute XD

4 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

13 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

From Google translate:

"Fanyu of China will start plank activities ahead of Tanabata.

"My step, your step", worth every second and every try for you.

Hanyu sensu, please do your best in the future. I love you forever!"

It seems they are all planking for 1:27. Maybe that's because his

birthday is 1207? Even the clip is 1:27 long.

10 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

10 hours ago, Fay said:

8 hours ago, daisyjune said:

Last night it was announced that "Every" would air Yuzu's segment of 24h TV this evening, and we all waited in front of TV.

Then the first scene we saw is this. I was like: :13877886:

7 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

I have no idea how to embed the video, but if you click on the link and scroll down, there is a 11 sec vid from Yuzu showing his watch!! :img_21:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/uODk6Xu_C2ippYXhdrj5Bw

https://i.imgur.com/VPOgkeD.png

5 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

you can watch it on instagram too!

5 hours ago, Anni said:

Instagram Satomi Ito

Kostüm von Yuzu, Wakaba und Yuka

Wunderschön : img_20:

5 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

uwu

So yuzu does want us to exercise at home!

4 hours ago, Rinnarsev said:

Btw, can anyone who speaks Japanese helps me on this? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Pleaseee 

💕特別な愛は特別なあたに💕

Is this what Yuzu was saying in the Easter egg audio clip?? 

I just started learning Japanese so I’m not sure I got it right just from listening 🙈 and I’m not even sure about the grammar of this sentence 😂🤣 

Here’s the video where he said so.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

23 hours ago, yumeaki said:

Buy mirror, get free MIYABI products. 

19 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Woah, that’s one dedicated fanboy! That pool of sweat...

Honestly I’m quite curious how long Yuzu himself can plank for hehe but don’t think he’ll ever tell us...

15 hours ago, Anni said:

Citizen Q&A 7-Day summary

14 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Hmm......

the description sounds so much like him but the silhouettes don’t look like him at all (click on the links)

One thing that caught my eye is that they used the phrase 翩若惊鸿, which is the exact phrase one of the chinese commentators used to describe Yuzu’s grace, during what I believe was 2018 olympics iirc! Very thin piece of evidence though

On 8/28/2020 at 11:07 AM, Anni said:

On 8/28/2020 at 11:59 AM, EternalSpin said:

On 8/28/2020 at 4:39 PM, Fay said:

Another translation of Yuzu’s statement 

On 8/28/2020 at 11:52 PM, EternalSpin said:

On 8/29/2020 at 12:51 AM, fyere0 said:

Phil's last THREE tweets about Yuzu have been more accurate and respectful than the Olympic Channel.....I don't trust this state of affairs, what is going on? :68468287:

On 8/29/2020 at 9:59 AM, monchan said:

On 8/29/2020 at 5:48 PM, CiONTUw4A said:

Someone on Twitter is saying that JSF is angry at Yuzu pulling out of GP series?

This man seems somehow related to JSF?

15 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

The news about Yuzu’s withdrawal from GP on Weibo has been viewed 110 million times with 11,000 comments.

7 hours ago, Anni said:

6 hours ago, Fay said:

Something’s wrong with the embedding - just some nice pictures from Pyeongchang Olympics 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEgwyrvosYv/

4 hours ago, Veveco said:

And now Nagashima from JSF is supportive of Yuzuru's decision?

https://twitter.com/nagashima21/status/1300021589040271363?s=19

Here is the statement and automatic translation since it can't be embedded right now:

あいきょさんの仰るとおりです。羽生選手ご本人にとっても苦渋の決断でした。考え抜いた立派な判断だったと思います。連盟としても、ご本人の判断を尊重させていただきました。

"As Aikiyo says. It was a difficult decision for Hanyu himself. I think it was a well-thought-out decision. The Federation will respect the judgment of the individual."

Eta: He actually distanced himself from casino-guy. (I personally don't care about trolls, but a reaction from JSF is another story)

https://twitter.com/nagashima21/status/1300058709318537216?s=19