13 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Alena describes Yuzuru as “incredible” <3 

10 hours ago, Fay said:

This is just a nice set of pictures to come in my insta feed 

9 hours ago, Fay said:

More Lotte clear file scans, folks. NICE! 

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

39 minutes ago, Melodie said:

I just read this using Google Translate. Can someone confirm whether this includes the GPs? 

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20200713/k10012513231000.html

On 7/18/2020 at 12:55 PM, sweetwater said:

Off-current-topic but this tweet hasn't been shared here yet, has it?

@Fay, is this what you mentioned during the streaming party tonight?

On 7/18/2020 at 1:24 PM, yuzuangel said:

On 7/19/2020 at 7:18 AM, FlyingCamel said:

Plush is Yuzu’s hero that inspires him, and now he is the hero of all of us (and countless others) :clapping-smiley:

On 7/19/2020 at 8:50 AM, Fay said:

Let us recall Catzuru 

On 7/19/2020 at 10:34 AM, CiONTUw4A said:

On 7/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, yuzuangel said:

On 7/21/2020 at 2:33 AM, FlyingCamel said:

On 7/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, Veveco said:

On 7/21/2020 at 12:56 PM, FlyingCamel said:

On 7/21/2020 at 7:01 PM, Pammi said:

Has this been posted already?

PJ put my comment up at 11:45 and got Tracy and Brian to give advice on it lol!!   :knc_brian1:

22 hours ago, daisyjune said:

If there are people who ordered hand towels at Yuzuru Exhibits here...it seems like the demand for them is too high.

As a result,

7月1日昼頃までの申込=2020年8月下旬までにお届け予定
7月1日昼頃~7月10日頃までに申込=10月中旬までにお届け予定
7月10日以降に申込=11月下旬までにお届け予定
※衣装ハンドタオルの種類により時期が前後する可能性あり

Orders placed by around noon at July 1 = Your towels will be delivered by late August

Orders placed between noon at July 1 and July 10 = Your towels will be delivered by mid October

Orders placed after July 10 = Your towels will be delivered by late November

Maybe hand towels they initially prepared went out of stock in the morning of July 1, that was the first day of Yuzuru Exhibits. :surprised_pikachu:

16 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

Has this interview of Jason Brown's been posted? He tells what it is like to work with Yuzuru Hanyu.

9 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

It seems that a NHK program "Nehorin Pahorin" - People whose lives have changed because of Yuzuru Hanyu,  will be aired again on 24th July (Fri) .

This may be difficult for non-Japanese speakers, but the content is what you will surely nod.  I should have downloaded the video on Dailymotion, but it has been deleted already.

There are three women and they say;

"When I saw him for the first time at Sochi Olympics on TV, it was just like seeing electricity in primitive times."  - she got out of her delinquent school life, and now she is working as a careworker hoping to help others like Yuzuru. 

"I was like wandering into a different spacial dimension with the time and space being distorted when I watched his EX (swan) performed at Pyeongchang" - she divorced after years of struggling, and sold her art works for the activities as a Fanyu.  "There is a living art work, so I no longer need my art collection." 

"I was childcare neurotic and spending rough days before knowing Yuzuru.  Now just thinking about him makes me calm down." -  now she can think about how to use her time and realized how valuable her children are.

https://tver.jp/episode/74652146

https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/trend/0307/gad_190307_7204967269.html

https://www.nhk-ondemand.jp/program/P201400124100000/

One thing very impressive was that they never wait him coming out from the competition venue or hotel.

"As he is an athlete, it should not be forgotten that we are allowed to see his life, and there are some things he shows us and some things he doesn't, so it's a breach of manners to forcibly go to see something he is not showing."   

Great fans :yes:

7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

6 hours ago, lajoitko said:

6 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Never seen these before! Are they new? 

6 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

Perfectionist & nyoom 'Zuzu? Seems pretty on brand for him :D

20 hours ago, Kestrelz said:

https://www.kose.co.jp/sekkisei_myb/yuzuru-hanyu/en/

I don't know if this has been posted here already but I must say that Sekkisei has really good taste and knows just how to market their products :devilYuzu:

and as a teen with no spending power I am crying at all the merch I'm missing out on hahaha. But at least I convinced my mother to buy the taiwan version of aoi honoo :')

On 7/21/2020 at 10:27 AM, FlyingCamel said:

Haha, who are #1 and #2 though?

9 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Is this the behind-the-scenes video?

Come on!  What else are they hiding? :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

6 hours ago, Veveco said:

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

I MISS THIS KITTY BOY SO MUCH

2 hours ago, Fay said:

47 minutes ago, TallyT said:

The behind the scenes bits have made the Japanese papers as well. Lotte would be really happy right now...

8 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

sigh ... I miss him ...

He looks so cool in this footage ... his hair is so shiny ... :girlsigh:

6 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

On a happier topic, Zuihoden Tanabata campaign is exhibiting paper wind charms inspired by Masamune's and Yuzu's costumes.

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

Lol you're so fast! I just saw the CM a few minutes ago and was about to post it here. 

This gives me literal goosebumps! The cinematography is dramatic and mesmerizing. This vid promotes figure skating more than I*U could ever hope to do. Props to Lotte!

Edit 2: these screenshots... ugh my heart :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Hey, it’s legally uploaded here - along with a translation into English 

The behind-the-scenes vid just dropped too!! We are so spoiled tonight we'll survive for a few more weeks!!

Edit: this is the same one, official vid, but doesnt include the CM in the beginning. 

On 7/24/2020 at 10:17 AM, Yuzurella said:

There is now also a version with English subs! Thank you, Axel with Wings! :loveshower:

On 7/24/2020 at 10:59 AM, Fay said:

So basically it’s confirmed the CM had to do with the Olympic opening ceremony? 

On 7/24/2020 at 12:29 PM, Veveco said:

On 7/24/2020 at 1:52 PM, sweetwater said:

I would say it has to do with the Olympics that was supposed to start today, not the opening ceremony in particular. 

This is a tweet by the same person, who seems to have proposed the plan of this CM.

His comment: "The CM I planned especially for this day starring Hanyu Yuzuru senshu has been aired.
What impressed me during this shooting was the sound of Hanyu san's blades resonating with the cold ice rink, which was awe-inspiringly mysterious.
May athletes and those who have been preparing be rewarded."

The narration of this CM uses the negation of negation repeatedly. I think that is because they wanted to reach out to someone who may feel what they have been doing has been negated, and Yuzu is the perfect person to embody and convey their message since people know what he has been through as well as what he has achieved, and that he is still one of the athletes who are competing in uncertainty.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, SitTwizzle said:

There was a survey among elementary and junior high school pupils in Japan? asking them whom they would like to play an active role (in sports?) this year, Yuzuru Hanyu is "only" n°2? A new "silver curse" to break? :wink2:

On 7/24/2020 at 7:32 PM, Paskud said:

It's Yuzuru Hanyu, so of course it couldn't be broadcasted only once.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:38 PM, amylance1215 said:

audioforce made the music but have yet to disclose its name. Their FB post has a bit more info. 

Yuzu's CM power :rock: 

(Also very sad news about Haruma Miura, God bless his soul :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:)

19 hours ago, Yukok said:

The sentence is ....

Many fireworks are cancelled because of Corona. However this is held by private sponcer. It's too wonderful to be held by individual. Thank you for the sponsor and Japanese Tohoku wireworks association. This firework is performed with the music SEIMEI Yuzuru Hanyu used at the Olinpics.

The nalation at the beginning is ...

The duram beats  to the sky , the Japanese flute which respond them let all souls calm down . Then new world gonna be opened when it stomps  the ground.

It's as if wind blew through the darkness.

My English isn't so good,so this is so rough but I hope it's helpful😄

19 hours ago, sweetwater said:

On July 24, many Hanabi factories in Japan set off fireworks somewhere near their home, without gathering many people to maintain social distancing, some even without notifying exactly when and where in advance. This year, they are doing this instead of taking part in big Hanabi festivals and competitions that attract many people to encourage everyone struggling in this situation under COVID-19, and also to show the fruits of their hard work since last summer. This Hanabi is a work of Kita Nihon Hanabi based in Daisen, Akita, where Hanabi factories from the whole country gather to compete for the technique and artistry once a year. In this contest, you will find at least one or two Hanabi inspired by figure skating every year. I believe some of them like figure skating a lot because, in this competition, they are judged by how they effectively set off their Hanabi in tune with the music. This is one of such Hanabi inspired by SEIMEI.

Before SEIMEI, the MC introduced the Hanabi roughly like this:

The sound of Japanese drum that hits the sky
The dragon flute that responds to each beat of the drum calms the raging spirits
The stomp on the earth opens a new era
Like a blast of wind run through gruesome darkness.
"SEIMEI, a blast of wind run through the darkness" (T/n: the title of the Hanabi)

After SEIMEI, the MC introduced the Hanabi factory and thanked the person who privately sponsored this Hanabi. The factory set off the thank-you Hanabi from the sponsor's friends, and then the MC closed the Hanabi display wishing they would be able to see each other again under the sky full of Hanabi.

ETA: Oh, @Yukok has already translated the introduction. Sorry for double post!

On 7/28/2020 at 10:09 AM, sweetwater said:

Satomi Ito's FIGURE SKATING ART COSTUMES has been translated into traditional Chinese and will be released on August 5, mainly in Taiwan.

https://news.agentm.tw/120979/比-電影-傳奇-花式-滑冰-羽生結弦-自敘傳-蒼之炎/

22 hours ago, Fay said:

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Now, even wine (2019 Domaine Roy & Fils Yamhill-Carlton Rosé) is being compared to Yuzuru Hanyu.

https://www.oregonlive.com/wine/2020/07/beat-summer-heat-with-an-icy-swimming-pool-of-rose.html

"I'll likely take some heat for putting ice cubes in this profoundly elegant pinot noir, but it performed so well on the rocks. Aromas of violets, grape popsicles and wild strawberries mix with a touch of black pepper spice.. Flavors of orange peel and nectarines skate on brisk acidity. This is the best performer on ice since Yuzuru Hanyu."

On 7/29/2020 at 8:09 PM, yuzuangel said:

L-shaped peace sign spotted again!

15 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

I wanna know what this says!! Thank you in advance to any kind soul who would translate this :thankssign:

14 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

12 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Can’t read this but Ajinomoto posted about Yuzu again!

6 hours ago, Veveco said:

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

On 7/30/2020 at 10:40 PM, sallycinnamon said:

20 hours ago, EternalSpin said:

Looks like some kind of exhibition 

20 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

17 hours ago, Fay said:

Just a little throwback to Sochi - Yuzu from the moment he finds out he’s won right until the flower ceremony. You can get to see Ghislain there too. 

8 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

6 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

He went back to Sendai, self-confined during twoo weeks, then could probably skate about two weeks until his rink closed, and it reopened after about two more weeks. Now he is coached "online" by Team Orser.

He sent five times videos : on March 11th, via Jason Brown's Twitter :

On May 6th, via JSF's Twitter, he gave us the beginning movements of each of his programs since March 11th, 2011 :

On July 6th? he sent a video, on request of ISU, "promoting" their "fakewards" (which are a story alone, I don't think I would be able to sum it up). He looked like an Hostage. I don't find it.

Then, unexpectedly he was "awarded" (rather, ISU self-awarded his popularity) the MVS fakeward, and was very gracious.

This one, I don't remember the date :

But two more videos of his were released.

First, bows to a nonexistent attendance at Kelowna during practice, with a nice message, filmed by On Ice Perspectives.

Second, a commercial for Lotte gums, which should have been aired for the opening of Tokyo Games.

A behind-the-stage video was also released.

And a few days ago, a commercial for Japanese Red Cross blood donation campaign.

We are well-watered cacti. Yet, always thirsty. (Are we really cacti after all?)

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

https://i.imgur.com/zUXABX7.jpg

4 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Sport illustrator Riota is holding an exhibition "Collection of famous sports scenes 2020". There's an illustration of Chopin!!

On 8/1/2020 at 2:06 PM, sallycinnamon said:

5 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

4 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

17 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

17 hours ago, Fay said:

Dear Italian Fanyus, what does this say? 

4 hours ago, Veveco said:

I really hope that there is a misunderstanding somewhere because :banginghead::banginghead::banginghead:

4 hours ago, Veveco said:

And all the nationals? 4CC/EC? Were they all drunk at this meeting? Are they going to squeeze it between 4CC and worlds? What kind of planning is this? ☠

On 8/4/2020 at 11:13 AM, Veveco said:
And all the nationals? 4CC/EC? Were they all drunk at this meeting? Are they going to squeeze it between 4CC and worlds? What kind of planning is this? ☠

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

The last pic is the famed Masquerade painting :knc_yuzu1: